Extract intensity of mass ranges

Giulia Ricciardi

Jul 15, 2021, 11:39:06 AM7/15/21
to Cardinal MSI Help
Hello everyone,

I've recently started working on MSI data and my project requires the extraction of the intensity of several ions to compare their abundances in different samples.
Although I have learned with the help of this group how to extract the intensity of one ion, I still haven't figured out how to extract a range of ions.

Example: I have a tissue section and I want to extract the intensity of m/z 1523.758+- 0.003, so I would need to have the intensity values of this m/z range: 1523.755 - 1523.761, and not only the one from the main ion 1523.758.

Is there a way to do it?

Here is the line of code I'm stuck with:
###
intensity <- spectra(file)[features(file, mz=1523.758),]
###

Then I can go ahead and convert this into a data frame, but I would only get the intensity values of the selected m/z and not of the 'surrounding' ions.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Giulia

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted