DAC report library

Andrew Lockley

Sep 27, 2022, 3:25:48 PM9/27/22
to CarbonDioxideRemoval@googlegroups.com <CarbonDioxideRemoval@googlegroups.com>

https://daccoalition.org/report-library/

Report Library
Whether by academic institutions or highly credible NGOs, there are many reports looking at this breakthrough climate solution, in terms of its technology, potential, future costs, and scalability.

Sort or filter the report index to quickly identify reports of interest, using key data points we track, like author, topic area, date, publisher, or publisher type.

Michael Hayes

Sep 27, 2022, 6:31:01 PM9/27/22
to Andrew Lockley, CarbonDioxideRemoval@googlegroups.com <CarbonDioxideRemoval@googlegroups.com>
Andrew,

Thanks for info on DAC.

Below is information on DOC, or Direct Ocean Capture. As the ocean surface water has significantly more C than the surface atmosphere, DOC likely represents a stronger CDR potential than DAC and DOC can be combined with other marine-based mitigation methods such as MCB, biomass production, Brightwater, water purification etc.

DOC, in the form of saltwater electrolysis/ocean alkalinity enhancement (which technically is a form of C conversion and not capture and thus no storage is needed), can produce H2/bio oil as byproducts and thus DOC can help address both CDR and emissions avoidance needs. DAC seems, atleast to me, to be rather weak in comparison to DOC.

Regards