Funding novel research towards atmospheric carbon dioxide removal – Upcoming webinar and funding launch, 28 February

David Hillyard

Jan 30, 2023, 8:39:49 AM1/30/23
to Carbon Dioxide Removal

Join us on the 28th February for the launch of our inaugural call for research proposals and hear from a distinguished panel about the role of biotechnology in enhanced natural carbon sequestration. The Carbon Technology Research Foundation (CTRF) funds research into new methods of carbon sequestration, which have their roots in nature, but which could be scaled significantly using biotechnology. Register for the webinar here.

The webinar will kick off with an introduction to CTRF from our founder, Dr Stig Arff.

This will be followed by an interactive, expert-led panel session, featuring CTRF’s Chair of the Advisory Council Dr Surabi Menon and chaired by the CEO Mr David Hillyard, with more names to be announced soon. Panellists will discuss the opportunities and challenges associated with the application of biotechnology to the enhancement of natural carbon sequestration processes.

CTRF's Director of Research, Dr Sarah Wagstaffe-Jones, will then launch CTRF’s inaugural call for research proposals. In 2023, we will be offering up to £4M in anticipation of funding 4-7 projects. Dr Wagstaffe-Jones will explain CTRF’s initial priority areas for funding and give guidance on our application and peer review processes.

This webinar will be of particular interest to researchers working within the carbon dioxide removal space, or those wishing to pivot their innovative programmes and methodologies towards the sector. We would also encourage policymakers, funders and investors to join in the discussion.

Find out more and register for the webinar: Funding novel research towards atmospheric CO2 removal