Engaging Stakeholders in Your Carbon Dioxide Removal Research. Reflection Paper with Learnings & Recommendations from the CDRterra research programme

Geoengineering News

Jun 25, 2024, 2:36:56 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to CarbonDiox...@googlegroups.com
https://zenodo.org/records/10848490

Authors
El Zohbi, Juliane, Fehr, Lukas, Eberenz, Samuel, Bartels, Lara, Fischer, Samuel, Gulde, Felix, Jeménez Martínez, Marcos, Matzner, Nils, Montero de Oliveira, Fernando Esteban, Otto, Danny, Rechid, Diana, Reinecke, Sabine, Strauss, Veronika, Maximilian, Maier, Björn

Description
Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR) is a growing field that is getting more and more attention from a variety of stakeholders across science, economy, politics, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) etc. We understand stakeholders as persons, groups and organizations that are affected by or influence a (research) topic. This interest often brings together different stakeholders to acquire basic knowledge, build networks or advocate for shared interests. Here, we do not go deeper into the “why” of stakeholder engagement in research – this is sufficiently presented in literature and frameworks for transdisciplinary and responsible research and innovation (e.g., Stilgoe et al., 2013; Bammer, 2013). Instead, we reflect on the multitudes of “whats” and “hows” of CDR-related stakeholder engagement we encountered in the research programme CDRterra. The 10 consortia within CDRterra engaged with stakeholders in many different ways. Here, we share our experiences and reflections as well as synthesize learnings on how best to proceed – for researchers already engaging with stakeholders or planning to involve stakeholders in upcoming CDR-related projects.

Source: Zenodo