Recent progress on direct air capture of carbon dioxide

ayesha iqbal

Jan 27, 2023, 11:13:53 AM1/27/23
to CarbonDiox...@googlegroups.com
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S2452223623000019

Authors
Jialiang Sun, Meng Zhao, Liang Huang,Tianyu Zhang, Qiang Wang

Citation: Sun, J., Zhao, M., Huang, L., Zhang, T., & Wang, Q. (2023). Recent progress on direct air capture of carbon dioxide. Current Opinion in Green and Sustainable Chemistry, 100752.

Abstract
Direct air capture (DAC) has received tremendous attention as a negative carbon emission technology that could facilitate the addressing of global climate change. In this work, we systematically summarized the latest progress on the development of direct air capture and comprehensively reviewed the properties and performance of DAC adsorbents, which are categorized as physisorption and chemisorption according to sorption mechanisms. The unresolved issues and possible improvements of traditional DAC adsorbents for CO2 capture are pointed out. We highlight the potential of novel MMO-supported solid amine materials for DAC due to its excellent CO2 adsorption capacity, superior regenerability, and ease for scaled up. This review paves the way for the understanding of the intrinsic mechanism and the practical development of DAC technology.

Keywords
direct air capture, adsorbents, physical materials, chemisorption materials, amine-functionalized materials, mixed metal oxides

Source: ScienceDirect

Peter Flynn

Jan 27, 2023, 11:37:14 AM1/27/23
to ayesha iqbal, CarbonDiox...@googlegroups.com

For reasons that baffle me, my University affiliation does not seem to give me access to this. Does anyone have the pdf?

Peter Flynn

Peter Flynn, P. Eng., Ph. D.

Emeritus Professor and Poole Chair in Management for Engineers

Department of Mechanical Engineering

University of Alberta

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

1 928 451 4455

peter...@ualberta.ca

Rick Berg

Jan 28, 2023, 2:54:47 PM1/28/23
to Peter Flynn, ayesha iqbal, CarbonDiox...@googlegroups.com
I second that, the pdf would be much appreciated.

--
Rick Berg, PhD
Carbon Removal Methodology Analyst

Jon Leland

Jan 28, 2023, 7:48:32 PM1/28/23
to Rick Berg, Peter Flynn, ayesha iqbal, CarbonDiox...@googlegroups.com
1-s2.0-S2452223623000019-main.pdf

Robert Cormia

Jan 29, 2023, 12:05:21 AM1/29/23
to Peter Flynn, ayesha iqbal, CarbonDiox...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently looking through my university affiliation.

-rdc

Chemistry faculty