New, large enhanced weathering greenhouse experiment has been built in Germany!

Dirk Paessler

Jan 30, 2023, 11:57:55 AM1/30/23
to CarbonDiox...@googlegroups.com
Our enhanced weathering experiment in the Project Carbdown greenhouse is running now!

25 scientists built 300+ lysimeter pots with 80+ variations (13 soils/4 rocks) in 2 days, including precision irrigation, digital sensors, tea bag experiments and seeding.

Here is a time-lapse video of the weekend:

carbdown 110px.png
Carbon Drawdown Initiative Carbdown GmbH
www.carbon-drawdown.de - Wilhelmshavener Str. 64, D-90766 Fürth
Registration: Amtsgericht Fürth HRB 17909 - VAT-ID DE328445765
Management/Geschäftsführer: Dirk Paessler, Ralf Steffens

Pol Knops

Jan 31, 2023, 5:30:43 AM1/31/23
to Carbon Dioxide Removal
Hello Dirk,

Good progress, very impressive.
Could you explain a bit more on the type of soils/rocks chosen? And why, the considerations.
And of course the tea bag experiments. I expect that these a bit similar to the Dutch asbestos destruction validation (sorry only in Dutch for this report) for a 5 years test. But Asbestos destruction is even harder to measure as CO2 removal

Best regards,
Pol