Nachtwacht Owl day

1 view

d...@agulhasplainbirding.co.za

Sep 25, 2023, 9:44:58 AM9/25/23
to CapeB...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I am sad to announce that the Annual Nachtwacht Owl Day has been cancelled. This is due to massive damage to the farm and local infrastructure. Apparently about 200 sheep were swept away by the water etc.

It is also probable that the Owl patch is under about 1m of water and that the owls have left.

As the owls were already disturbed by this major event, it would be unwise to disturb them again this year especially as they are entering breeding season now.

I will try to organize another Owl day in April when all has settled.

Kind Regards / Vriendelike Groete

Wim de Klerk

Project Co-ordinator

Agulhas Plain Birding Project