Upcoming Hikes

Dr. L.J. (Sam) Bledsoe

May 9, 2011, 6:12:34 PM5/9/11
to Capay Valley Hiking Club

Hello hikers,

Tuleyome super-volunteer Sara Sevy will be leading two more hikes to
round out the season before summer.  Come on out and have fun!

May 15 - Cache Creek Ridge Trail
To carpool from Woodland, meet at 8:30 a.m. NW corner of Raley's
parking lot, corner of Main (Hwy 16) and Road 98. We'll arrive at the
Judge Davis Trailhead off Hwy 20 by 9:30 to meet any others and
organize our car shuttling.

We'll climb uphill a bit to get up to the ridge, then head south with
easier going along the ridge, ending at the confluence of Cache Creek
and Bear Creek at Hwy 16. Depending on the amount of water, we may
have to wade across Bear Creek to get back to the cars. Total distance
is 9.5 miles, total elevation gain about 1500 feet.  Bring your lunch,
plenty of water, sunscreen, etc.

We'll aim to finish the hike by 4, pick up the shuttle cars and return
to Woodland by 5:30. Please email sara...@gmail.com with any
questions.

May 22- Valley Vista Trail and Frog Ponds Trail
To carpool from Woodland, meet at 8:30 a.m. NW corner of Raley's
parking lot, corner of Main (Hwy 16) and Road 98. We'll arrive at the
Valley Vista Trailhead (across from Camp Haswell County Park 2 miles
north of Rumsey) by 9:15 to meet any others. The Valley Vista Trail is
a short (4 miles round trip) but steep trail with great views of Capay
Valley and beyond. After a snack break at the top, we'll head back
down and drive up the road to the Frog Ponds Trailhead at Rayhouse
Road and the low water bridge. We'll hike to the Frog Ponds for lunch
and head back. Total distance of Frog Pond Trail is 4.6 mile round
trip. We'll be back to the cars between 3 and 4, and back to Woodland
by 5. Please email sara...@gmail.com with any questions.

Dr. L.J. (Sam) Bledsoe     sble...@gmail.com
Winter Creek Ranch    <http://wintercreekranch.com>, N7DTW
18080 County Rd 70    (530) 796-3723, Skype I-net: sambledsoe, Cellphone (916) 207-4086
Brooks CA 95606