Fwd: Berryessa Trails and Conservation - National Public Lands Day Nov. 19

1 view

sbledsoe

Nov 10, 2011, 5:40:33 PM11/10/11
to Capay Valley Hiking Club, Yolohikers

Celebrate National Public Lands Day
by volunteering to work at our habitat restoration site

Saturday, November 19, 2010
9 am - noon
Pope Creek Bridge at Lake Berryessa

Contact ca...@berryessatrails.org to sign up (or just hit reply)

Local trail maps and information on local cafes and restaurants will be available for those who want to spend the afternoon
at the Lake, canoeing, hiking, or just enjoying the late fall scene.

  The work site, Pope Creek at Lake Berryessa

Last February we planted more than 100 native plants, including oaks, pine, manzanita, Toyon, Western redbud, Silver bush lupine and native grasses.

This November we'll be replacing those that did not survive, installing nest boxes, and doing some weeding to ensure that the native grasses we planted will get sufficient sunlight.

To sign up, contact Carol at ca...@berryessatrails.org or 707.966.5211

Berryessa Trails and Conservation
A 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation based in Napa County, California, devoted to involving the
public, particularly children and youth, in protecting, enhancing and furthering
appreciation of our natural resources

901 Cape Cod Ct, Napa, CA 94558
www.berryessatrails.org
  707.966.5211