Fwd: Hikes and trail work this weekend!

Dr. L.J. (Sam) Bledsoe

Mar 11, 2011, 11:57:02 AM3/11/11
to Capay Valley Hiking Club

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Fulks <yolo...@yolohiker.org>
Date: Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Subject: Hikes and trail work this weekend!
To: yoloh...@googlegroups.com

Hello hikers,

Tuleyome has a couple of events this weekend, if you are looking to get outdoors!

Saturday March 12th - Trail work at Valley Vista Regional Park north of Rumsey.  We'll be working with the Woodland Youth Coalition to do trail maintenance on the Valley Vista Trail.  Meet at the trailhead at the side of Highway 16, across from Camp Haswell County Park, at 10am. Bring food, water, gloves, and loppers or pruning saws if you have them.  Most of what we have to do is prune back brush as we head toward Rumsey Knob.  Great vistas, as the name implies.  Come see the amazing top-of-the-hill picnic table built by an Eagle Scout!

Sunday, March 13th - hike up Road 53 to see the Pierce Canyon Falls.  Yolo County's most easily visible waterfall is located up the spectacular Pierce Canyon.  It's a 6-mile hike round-trip with 1000-foot elevation gain.  Meet at 9am at the post office in Guinda, located immediately across from the General Store, next to Highway 16.
Tuleyome volunteer Sara Sevy will be leading this hike.  Contact her at sara...@gmail.com if you have any questions.  Bring water and lunch.

And keep an eye out for an announcement of our March 26-27th overnight camping weekend doing trail building on the Berryessa Peak Trail/Ahmann easement.  Come up for the day on the 26th, or stay overnight and help complete the trail.
This time of year the weather should be nice.  On our last trip, we built trail in the snow!

Happy trails!

Andrew Fulks
President, Tuleyome
Protecting the wild heritage and agricultural heritage of the Northern Inner Coast Range and the Western Sacramento Valley for existing and future generations.
Visit the Yolohiker web site for trail maps, hikes, and outings in the Putah and Cache creek watersheds.

Dr. L.J. (Sam) Bledsoe     sble...@gmail.com
Winter Creek Ranch    <http://wintercreekranch.com>, N7DTW
18080 County Rd 70    (530) 796-3723, Skype I-net: sambledsoe, Cellphone (916) 207-4086
Brooks CA 95606