Certifications

Eric Vanderburg

Jun 4, 2008, 8:26:12 AM6/4/08
to CWNP
Hello everyone,

I have not seen much activity on the board and I wanted to see what
everyone was up to. Is anyone pursuing a wireless certification? Can
we help in any way? There are quite a few experts on this board so
please post questions if you have them.

- Eric Vanderburg

sdandeker

Jun 9, 2008, 1:01:42 PM6/9/08
to CWNP
How are you Eric, I havent seen much going on here either, has
everyone abandoned Wireless?

So what do you think about the all the latest Health Concerns such as:
http://chronicle.com/wiredcampus/article/3058/wifi-in-libraries-blamed-for-health-maladies-in-paris

Eric Vanderburg

Jun 9, 2008, 2:03:06 PM6/9/08
to CW...@googlegroups.com
I am doing good.  Yes, not much has happend here in the group.  I would like to see it pick up though.  I am not working on any wireless certifications but my enthusiasm for wireless technologies has not decreased.  I started working on my Ph.D last year so I put most of my certification objectives on hold for a while.  Still, I would imagine that there are many out there who have wireless questions and I would love to see them answered and discussed here.  There might be others who simply want to discuss some new wireless technologies.  I might start a regular discussion thread on new wireless technologies to get some conversations started.  I will see if that will spark some interest.  How about you?  What have you been up to?

- Eric Vanderburg

sdandeker

Jun 10, 2008, 6:54:54 AM6/10/08
to CWNP
I completed my CWNA and CWSP last year and hope to take up the CWNE
later this year or early next. Havent seen much is terms of career
opportunities in the UK looking for these qualifications so havent
really had a drive to get the last one.

I work for a communications consultancy based in london and have just
completed some of my major projects so im spending my time developing
our Wireless services.

So heres a question about wireless technologies in general - What do
you think about WiMAX, specifically mobile WiMAX? Do you see the it
becoming adopted as a broadband technology direct to end wimax client
devices? Intel have been talking about Wimax embedded laptops becoming
the norm for years but Wi-Fi along with 802.11n is keeping its head
up.

Sanjay.

Eric Vanderburg

Jun 12, 2008, 3:27:46 PM6/12/08
to CW...@googlegroups.com
The technology is good but end users have already made the 802.11 b/g/n investment and many do not want the extra expense or hassle of having two different wireless products on their machines.  It is strange how some technologies are adopted and not others.  Look at the DVD standard war for an example.  I am not sure where the technology will go but general acceptance at a level comparable to 802.11b/g/n depends a lot on ease of use, cost, availability, standardization, and the proliferation of the technology itself.

- Eric