Index out of bounds error

Peter Annandale

May 25, 2017, 9:27:22 AM5/25/17
to CSVChat
Bruce,
          Hi.. I am getting an issue with the import again similar to the one i got back in my post from the 08/08/2016 (Object reference not set). The error occurs when trying to open an xlsx file that has been generated from SSRS reporting services.

If I open the file in excel then save and then import the file all is good.

Regards.
Peter

shriop

May 25, 2017, 11:31:23 AM5/25/17
to CSVChat
Can you email me a small repro file if you haven't already?

And what DataStreams version are you currently using?

Bruce Dunwiddie

Peter Annandale

May 26, 2017, 6:56:00 AM5/26/17
to csv...@googlegroups.com
Bruce,
       Have attached the file that was giving me the error.

Regards..
Peter

Regards
Peter.

Production_Orders_Report - Copy.xlsx

Peter Annandale

May 29, 2017, 9:56:15 PM5/29/17
to CSVChat
Bruce,
          Have you had a chance to look at this?
Regards..
Peter

shriop

May 30, 2017, 8:18:34 AM5/30/17
to CSVChat
Yes, it's a nasty one. Something very specific to this situation is somehow throwing off the xml parser and I'm having a rough time narrowing down the issue. I can't just work around it since it's hinting at something larger being wrong with the xml parsing. It'll be a few more days and hopefully I can get somewhere with it.

Bruce Dunwiddie

Peter Annandale

May 30, 2017, 6:41:20 PM5/30/17
to CSVChat
Bruce,
          Ok thanks, the weird thing is if you open it in excel then save the issue goes away.

Regards
Peter

Regards
Peter.

shriop

May 31, 2017, 10:43:41 AM5/31/17
to CSVChat
Ya, that's not as odd as you would think. That's kind of been the problem with this parser. The Office Open XML "standards" can be interpreted in multiple ways, even inside Microsoft, so they're generating the XML differently between all the different tools, but my code started based on how Excel generates it, and I've been trying to expand over the years to handle more and more variations.

I think the situation here is that SSRS is using a streaming format whereas Excel writes it out from memory, and the streaming format takes shortcuts.

Bruce Dunwiddie

shriop

Jun 5, 2017, 12:05:51 AM6/5/17
to CSVChat
Ok, I've corralled the issue and released a new version v5.26. I've emailed you a new download link.

Bruce Dunwiddie

Peter Annandale

Jun 5, 2017, 12:30:19 AM6/5/17
to CSVChat
Bruce,
           Thanks for that, this is still the best product out there.

Regards
Peter