Fwd: Two upcoming trainings to share with CSA network members

CSA Network UK

Jul 16, 2018, 7:34:55 AM7/16/18
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com
East Anglia Seed Production Workshop, 22 July 2018

The Gaia Foundation would like to invite all CSA Network members to a seed production workshop this Sunday 22 July.

The training will be focused on more advanced seed production skills so some seed saving experience will be useful although those with growing experience who are new to seed production are also welcome. Hans Steenbergen from the Seed Co-operative will be giving the training and in addition to discussing practical seed production skills he'll also talk about opportunities to grow commercial seed crops for the Seed Co-op. There'll also be time to ask questions, share experiences and discuss potential for future activities to support seed growing in East Anglia.

The event will be from 10:00–16:00 at Greengrow Co-op (http://www.greengrow.org.uk/visit/directions), NR34 8HR. If you'd like to take public transport to nearby Beccles please let us know and we may be able to arrange a lift from there to/from the farm.

The training is free but we ask all interested to please register via email to pa...@gaianet.org. We also ask all those attending to please bring something for a bring and share lunch. For more information visit https://www.seedsovereignty.info/east-anglia-seed-production-workshop-22-july-2018/ or https://www.facebook.com/events/730836490640982/

Southeast England Introduction to Seed Production, 28 July 2018

The Gaia Foundation would like to invite all CSA Network members to an introduction to seed production workshop on Saturday 28 July from 10:00–16:00 at the All Saints Centre in Lewes.

The training will be an opportunity for experienced or commercial growers to gain an overview of the basic principles of growing for seed production from planning and planting through to harvesting and storage. There will be plenty of time to ask questions or share your own previous seed saving experience and we’ll also have some time to discuss whether there’s interest in foreign a group to support seed production in the region going forward.

The training is free but we ask all interested to please register via email to pa...@gaianet.org. We also ask all those attending to contribute towards a bring and share lunch. For more information visit https://www.seedsovereignty.info/southeast-england-seed-workshop-saturday-28-july/ or https://www.facebook.com/events/208546916523516/.

Eastern England Regional Coordinator
Seed Sovereignty UK & Ireland Programme

Please excuse any delay in responding as I work one day a week - usually Tuesdays.

--
Maresa Bossano | CSA Network UK Co-ordinator