Farm Manager / Grower job at Norwich FarmShare

Rosalind Bacon

Jan 24, 2018, 1:36:29 PM1/24/18
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com

Norwich FarmShare is a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) scheme in Norfolk in its 7th year (www.norwichfarmshare.co.uk). Our aims are to provide fresh, seasonal and ecologically-grown produce to our membership on a weekly basis, and to encourage community engagement in the growing and consuming of local chemical-free food.

Having been based at a 7-acre site outside the city until last year, we are now transitioning to a smaller site (initially 1 acre) near the city, with a focus on production and education. With around 80 bag-buying members, we will continue to buy in from and create networks with other local producers, whilst starting to feed in our own produce.

We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated and experienced commercial organic grower with an understanding of CSA values and the ability to lead teams of volunteers and other employees. The role in 2018 will initially involve implementation of infrastructure and growing spaces on the new site (starting on 1 acre initially), working from an existing (but flexible) site design. Once the site is up and running, you will be responsible for the planning, production and delivery of CSA vegetables, as well as developing relationships with producers, and looking to create other income streams. The role also includes educational activities to engage the membership and local community.

You’d be working alongside Rosalind, the existing Farm Manager/Grower. In addition to the two part-time Farm Managers, the growing team consists of a team of work-share members and volunteers. FarmShare also employs a part time administrator and is looking to fund a Volunteer Co-ordinator. The Board of Directors consists of the Farm Managers plus, at present, 5 actively involved volunteer Directors.

How to apply: please send CV and maximum 2-page covering letter stating how your experience, skills and personal qualities meet the role requirements to Rosalind Rosa...@norwichfarmshare.co.uk by 12th February.

For more information, please visit: https://www.norwichfarmshare.co.uk/news/farm-manager-grower-job-description

--
Rosalind Bacon

T: 07432 513 424

Please note, I work part-time and only check emails on a Monday and Thursday, my apologies if it takes a while for me to respond.

Twitter: @Farm_Share
Facebook: @NorwichFarmshare
Instagram: @norwich_farmshare

Winner of the 'Eco Community' and 'Eco Hero' awards 2014-5 - Norwich City Council

CSA Network UK

Jan 25, 2018, 5:19:14 AM1/25/18
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rosalind

I will post this on the CSA Network website

Thanks
Maresa

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 6:36 PM, Rosalind Bacon <rosalind....@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

How to apply: please send CV and maximum 2-page covering letter stating how your experience, skills and personal qualities meet the role requirements to Rosalind Rosalind@norwichfarmshare.co.uk by 12th February.

Rosalind Bacon

Please note, I work part-time and only check emails on a Monday and Thursday, my apologies if it takes a while for me to respond.

Twitter: @Farm_Share
Facebook: @NorwichFarmshare
Instagram: @norwich_farmshare

Winner of the 'Eco Community' and 'Eco Hero' awards 2014-5 - Norwich City Council

For more information and resources on CSA visit www.csainfo.org.uk

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CSA Network UK" group.

Maresa Bossano | CSA Network UK Co-ordinator

Rosalind Bacon

Jan 25, 2018, 3:55:14 PM1/25/18
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Maresa! Fingers crossed we get some great candidates.

Rosalind
Rosalind Bacon

T: 07432 513 424