Google Fiber

nancy krewson

Jan 28, 2015, 3:29:13 PM1/28/15
to CPNA Google
Forwarded from MONA Google Group
NOTE: no obligation, it just indicates interest.

"On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 12:44:04 PM UTC-5, TommyGlad wrote:
All:

I'm not sure how you could miss it but it was just released that Google Fiber is coming to Charlotte!  As they begin to plan where they will be putting Google Fiber, they create "Fiberhoods" and they only put the service where there are demands in said "Fiberhoods". These haven't been created yet but you can go and register at this link:

This will show your interest and begin to ensure that MO will gets on the radar!

I'm also willing to help generate demand in the neighborhood if anyone wants to join forces with me.

In my opinion (full disclosure: I work in tech) ,aside from our actual use and "enjoyment", being not "lit up" will be a detriment long term in the value of our houses if it doesn't occur.  We need to make sure this happens!

Tommy

joseph sloan

Jan 28, 2015, 8:15:13 PM1/28/15
to cp...@googlegroups.com
This is big news folks. What takes 77 hours to download will take 30 minutes with Google fiber per this Charlotte Business Journal link. http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2015/01/27/faq-everything-you-want-to-know-about-google-fiber.html?page=all

Subject: Google Fiber
To: "CPNA Google" <CP...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 3:28 PM

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cpna.