Swazi police shoot and kill another citizen in latest act of police violence

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

CPS Communist Party of Swaziland

未讀,
2021年9月3日 下午1:04:362021/9/3
收件者:CPS Media Group
CPS LOGO.JPG

Communist Party of Swaziland

Swazi police shoot and kill another citizen in latest act of police violence

MBOMBELA, 3 September 2021:- Another citizen’s life has been lost in Swaziland as Mswati’s police shot and killed a man today in Nhlangano town, south of Swaziland, in the latest act of police violence. About four live bullets were inflicted on him, with one shot to the head.

Not a single day passes in the country without an incident of state-mobilised violence against the people, of which the youth is the primary target since they occupy the Frontline position in the decisive protests against the Mswati dictatorship and his hated tinkhundla government.

The police shot to death the man in full public view, and later concocted a story that he was wanted for dealing in marijuana. Evidence shows that there was no intention to arrest him. The regime criminalises the youth of our country to justify the violence.

Following the killing, the angry public rose in protest. The heavily armed police responded with teargas and violence, dispersing the protesters.

The CPS calls for a stepped-up mobilisation that will neutralise the resolve of the state security agencies in defending the dictatorship at the expense of lives of our people.

Responding to the latest killing, CPS General Secretary, Thokozane Kenneth Kunene, said, “It is evident that there is a well-oiled and determined unit within the state security forces committed to these barbaric killings in the name of keeping the dictatorship. There is a need to take special course against this. These killings are deteriorating to a genocidal lifestyle of the regime. We cannot fold our arms as if we have no power to end this. Let us build community self defence units as a matter of urgency.”

“After killing over 70 protesters at the end of June, following Mswati’s shoot-to-kill order, the regime continues to show no intention of restraining themselves when dealing with the public,” the CPS General Secretary added.

The CPS will continue to mobilise for defiance protests with sabotage elements against the regime throughout the country. Protests that will be effective and targeted at the operations of the regime, its institutions, political figureheads as well as enablers of the regime will be organised by CPS activists, working with other revolutionary forces on the ground.

The CPS calls for unity and solidarity, as the people in Nhlangano displayed. The CPS reiterates its call for the building of community councils. It is from these councils that the people will form defence units against the brutality of Mswati’s security forces.

CPS Press Services

--

Contacts:

Thokozane Kenneth Kunene

General Secretary

(+27)72 594 3971

Pius Vilakati

International Secretary

(+27)81 353 3383

Email: cpsw...@gmail.com

Facebook: Communist Party Of Swaziland – CPS

Twitter: @CPSwaziland

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄