News from the John Ball Zoo

Diana Elizebeth Saenz

Dec 4, 2009, 10:16:31 AM12/4/09
to cp-conn...@googlegroups.com
News from the John Ball Zoo

JOHN BALL ZOO.....
caring for animals...it's what we do.

YOU CAN STILL ENJOY THE ZOO!

Due to County budget cuts, the Zoo will be closing for the winter on Dec. 7 and reopening on March 1, 2010.

The Zoo may be closed but you can still take advantage of upcoming events and programs throughout the winter!

Special events are being planned for the Ballroom in the Zoo Administration Bldg., traveling education outreach programs can be scheduled, and birthday parties can still be booked.  Check our schedule of events and sign up for our e-mail newsletter to stay current with zoo activities, animal news, programs and events.

YOU'VE HELPED US RAISE OVER $50,000!!!

Congratulations!!

Keep spreading the word and we can reach our goal by the end of the year.
Donate now and tell your friends.

To help offset serious County budget cuts, the John Ball Zoo Society has offered to raise funds for the first $100,000 of animal food and medical expenses. If we can do it, the Zoo will not need to raise admission prices next year. Thanks to our zoo supporters and members, we're over halfway to our goal. If you haven't made a contribution yet, please help us by making your donation now. We truly appreciate your support during an economy that is requiring everyone to make cutbacks and sacrifices. Your gift means so much.  Thank you for all your support.

CHRISTMAS FOR THE ANIMALS  IS THIS SATURDAY

Dec. 5th!   - 10AM TO 2PM

 BRING A PRESENT  FOR THE ANIMALS ...AND GET YOUR ADMISSION TO  CHRISTMAS FOR THE ANIMALS FREE! PLUS a FREE visit with Santa and his reindeer and a chance to see animal enrichment in action!

KONG TOYS, BIRD TOYS, CHEW BONES, HUNTING SCENTS, SPICES (A keeper told me any spices you might add to a pumpkin pie is a big favorite!).  These are just a few of the many things John Balll Zoo keepers might give to the animals to keep them interested, active and....well....happy!

CHRISTMAS FOR THE ANIMALS is the day that the JBZ zookeepers ask you...our zoo supporters... for your help to collect the thousands of items needed for a YEAR of animal enrichment for 2,000 animals!  CLICK HERE FOR FULL WISH LIST!    For the safety and health of the animals, items must be unopened and not past the expiration date.

Santa Visit and activities are all  FREE with donation! WITHOUT donation, admission is only $3.50 adults/$3.00 children 13 and under.  MEMBERS are FREE.

Reminder:

Texas Hold’em This Week!

Senior Parents are having a Texas Hold'em @ Eastbrook Lanes this:

Wednesday, Dec. 2nd, 6:00 till 12:00
Thurs. 3rd, 6:00 till 12:00
Fri. 4th, 6:00 till 1:00
Sat. The 5th 6:00 till 1:00

for all you poker players! Come try your luck!

Volunteers Needed for upcoming event on Mon Dec. 21st 6:00pm to 12:00