Fwd: Voter Choice Task Force Minutes & Work Plan

Jan Kok

Jul 2, 2007, 10:43:55 PM7/2/07
to COVote...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Kefalas <jkefal...@frii.com>
Date: Jul 2, 2007 10:12 AM
Subject: Voter Choice Task Force Minutes & Work Plan
To: john.kefa...@state.co.us
Cc: Stan Elofson <stan...@aol.com>, Gilbert Ortiz
<or...@co.pueblo.co.us>, Dana Williams
<dana.j....@sos.state.co.us>, Jan Kok <jan.k...@gmail.com>,
Natalie Menten <c9...@wmconnect.com>, Renee Wright
<rwri...@yahoo.com>, "Rep. James Kerr"
<james.ke...@state.co.us>, Rick VanWie <rickv...@comcast.net>,
Ronald Forthofer <rfort...@comcast.net>, Scott Doyle
<sdo...@larimer.org>, Trena Anastasia <tr...@lamar.colostate.edu>,
Matthew Rome <mrro...@holycross.edu>

July 2, 2007,

Dear Task Force Members:

Thank you for your participation on the Voter Choice 2007 Task Force.
Our first meeting was successful, and I am looking forward to even
greater progress as we evaluate voting systems these next five months
with an eye towards improvement and greater voter choice. I also look
forward to having our two county clerks join us for the next meeting
on Wednesday, July 25, 1 - 4 PM. I am attaching two documents - the
6/25 minutes prepared by Matt Rome (student intern) and edited by me,
and the draft work plan (includes changes that we agreed upon at first
meeting). If you have any questions about either document, please let
me know. I will be updating the draft work plan to include specifc
tasks and outcomes and welcome any feedback from task force members
and the public. I will also be sending these attachments to voter
choice outreach list. In the meantime, here is a link to a 16-page
document prepared by Minnesota League of Women Voters that gives a
good overview of various voting systems to give you additional
background: http://www.lwvmn.org/LWVMNAlternativeVotingStudyReport.pdf.
Be well.

Sincerely,

John M. Kefalas
State Representative, House District 52
State Capitol, 200 East Colfax, Denver, CO 80203
604 Sycamore Street, Fort Collins, CO 80521
303-866-4569 (o), 970-221-1135 (h), 720-254-7598 (c)

Voters Choice Task Force Minutes 6-27-07.doc
Work Plan6-07 (2).doc