Synchronous HausMusik Session #5

J. Daniel Ashton

May 28, 2020, 1:20:50 PM5/28/20
to J. Daniel Ashton
[You're receiving this message because I sent it to the CMW-Announce list (in Google Groups) and a couple others. -- jda)

Greetings music friends,

You're invited to a Synchronous HausMusik session Thursday evening at 7:00 p.m. eastern.  We'll provide the core group, and you can join us from afar, playing incredible, soul-filling chamber music.  You'll need a device that can stream Zoom sessions, and some way to hear well while you're playing (the recommendation is a good pair of headphones), as well as either printing or downloading your music onto a view-able device.

We'll do this every Thursday through the summer, so if you can't join us this week, plan on another time!   This Zoom link will let you in for all the sessions this summer: https://southern.zoom.us/j/95207136590

Here's Thursday's rep:

We'll begin with Mozart's String Quintet No. 2 in c minor K 406.  The core group will be using the Peter's edition, which is also available on IMSLP, when you look under the "Parts" tab.

The second piece is Dvorak's Piano Quintet No. 2 in A major, op 81.  We'll be playing off of International Edition parts, which seem to be the same as the Simrock available on IMSLP.

Feel free to share this info with other musicians.  This information is going up on the CMW website this week, along with the list of rep for the 9 remaining sessions this summer.  It's also going out to ACMP.net, so we hope to have a growing number of players.

See you Thursday!

Ellen