Adding clips license to SPDX

Joshua Scoggins

Sep 30, 2022, 2:39:48 PM9/30/22
to CLIPSESG

Hello,

This request comes from the company I work at. Just to be clear, we just want answers to the two questions listed. We will handle the rest.

"

Hi,

We’d like to look into adding the clips license in to the sbdx licensing list in order to include it in our product sbom.  This list is here [https://spdx.org/licenses/].  We will handle the logistics of getting the license included, but there are a couple of questions that need to be posed to the license steward.

The entire list can be found at https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML/blob/main/DOCS/license-inclusion-principles.md

The steward specific questions are:

  1. The license steward, if any, is committed to not modifying after addition to the list and to versioning new versions in the future.
  2. The license steward supports or is at least aware of and does not oppose its submission to the SPDX License List.

If we can get affirmation of the above two items from the steward, then we can proceed with the general request to the spdx legal team.

"

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, I'll be happy to answer them.

CLIPS Support

Oct 1, 2022, 6:21:13 PM10/1/22
to CLIPSESG
I'll be moving to the MIT-0 license for future releases of CLIPS, but if you want to include the existing license in the SPDX list, that's fine.