Notes on CK-ERP 0.30.1

C K Wu

Jul 1, 2010, 12:56:15 AM7/1/10
to CK-ERP...@googlegroups.com, CK-E...@googlegroups.com
Hi, folks,

1. You'll probably notice the distribution tarball has expanded from <
2mb to >11mb. This is related to the inclusion of tcpcf within the
tarball. Tcpdf is needed for converting html reports to pdf files. You
may like to check out the embedded tcpdf, if you are customising CK-ERP
reports for your clients.

2. The new ck-vm module is included in the distribution tarball for my
own convenience. There is going to be no explanation nor information on
the whats and hows of this module.

3. Most Linux distributions have upgraded to PHP 5.3. A lot of the
middleware hosting CK-ERP have yet to catch up and their latest stable
releases generate a lot of (php) deprecated warnings. The testing of
(these middleware + CK-ERP) has to resort, sometimes, to using the
development versions of the middleware. However, CK-ERP, itself, has
been cleared of the deprecated warnings.

4. I have added OpenSUSE as one of the Linux distribution in which
CK-ERP is being operated and tested.

5. CK-ERP now features 32 modules and 41 connectors. Development and
testing of the software is becoming more and more difficult. Testing of
0.30.1 took two months to complete. I am planning to take a long and
hard look at the future development strategy of CK-ERP. Your input and
feedback are most welcome.

Best Regards,
CK

C K Wu

Oct 26, 2011, 10:19:11 PM10/26/11
to CK-ERP...@googlegroups.com, CK-E...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

With reference to point 2 below, it is likely that the included ck-vm
modules is subject to major overhaul when each CK-ERP new version is
being released. This is especially true of the subsidy rules. I have
decided not to upgrade the processed data relating to this module for
the upcoming CK-ERP version, 0.31.1. The following standard message
will be added to the index page of the ck-vm module,

'Data relating to this module will most likely be deleted when CK-ERP is
upgraded to a new version.'

Please, plan and perform any necessary action(s) if you plan to upgrade
to the next CK-ERP version, 0.31.1, and if you are utilizing the ck-vm
module right now.

Best Regards,
CK