Re: [CK-ERP-en] Digest for ck-erp-en@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

Ross Woods

Dec 11, 2013, 11:05:44 PM12/11/13
to ck-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vishal,

I had a look around. There are lots of very good features and well integrated.

I also had a look at the current roadmap. I think it's heading in the right direction, and can see what kinds of other things I'd add or modify. Comments and wish-list:
- I'm pretty sure there is at least one good open source php utility library out there; it's just a matter of finding it. Same for project/contract billing functions.
-I'd work on the basic user interface as a priority.
- The impression is that it is very accountant-driven. I can see the importance of that (in that most items are monetized), but I'd want the system to be equally suited to other kinds of personnel who need to use it. (e.g. Only showing links to categories of users who are authorized to access them, so nobody ever gets a message "You are not authorized to access this feature).
- I'd also like to know if it worked for a multi-level company. (E.g. local area reports, state/province reports, national reports, region reports, head office reports.) It would probably be a matter of recycling the same code into levels.
- I'd hope for an install wizard that allows a user to specify which major functionalities it wants to install.
- Within the core functionalities, I would need some way of switching specific features off and on. Some features would not be needed in some situations, and it would be best for beginners, medium-skilled users and advanced users to be exposed different features.

Hope that helps.

Ross

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM, <ck-e...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/ck-erp-en/topics

    Ross Woods <ross.wo...@gmail.com> Dec 08 09:44PM -0800

    On Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:25:08 PM UTC+8, Vishal wrote:
    > Suggest me how to have a look of the application's workflow.

    > Cheers!!
    > Vishal

    Hi CK Wu, I'm very interested in this software and want to look a the demo
    sites. But I don't know how to get a username and password. I tried also
    Username = demo & Password = guest, but it didn't work and the link given
    below is broken.

    C K Wu <ck...@ck-erp.net> Dec 09 11:27PM +0800

    Hi, Ross,

    Thank you for your interest in CK-ERP.

    The main demo site (ck-erp.org) is offline at the moment. You could try
    access, instead,

    http://ck-erp.net (using Username=demouser and Password=demouser)

    Best Regards,
    CK

C K Wu

Dec 11, 2013, 11:55:28 PM12/11/13
to ck-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Vishal, Ross,

Thank you for considering enhancing CK-ERP to meet your needs.  Perhaps, you may like to consider contributing your enhancements back to the main CK-ERP codebase in the future, so other CK-ERP users can enjoy the fruit of your enhancement efforts.

Best Regards,
CK