FW: Bike to Work Week November is Almost Here!

James Butler

Oct 23, 2009, 2:49:05 PM10/23/09
to chbe-sust...@googlegroups.com
BiketoWorkWeekBanner

Bike to Work Week November is Nov. 2-8, 2009
Register online today!
Dear Bike to Work Week participant:

Bike to Work Week November
is less than three weeks away! And we're pleased to be launching it along with a brand-new website. Show you're an all-weather rider by joining in!

Explore our new website

The new site features a faster, shorter registration process -- which means it's easier to recruit new team members. And you'll find it easier to use, too. Just go to www.biketoworkmetrovan.ca today and log in with your email and previous password, where you can:

1. Recreate your routes using new and improved features:
  • map a multi-leg trip (like biking to the SkyTrain and again on the other side)
  • add info markers that allow you to mark important points like hills, washrooms, hazards, etc. on the way to work.
  • share your routes with your team members to find people to ride with--a great way to encourage new cycle commuters to start.

2. Log your commutes, view past logs and check your team setup.
Click "Log Your Commutes & Team Info" in the Commute Tracker to log new trips, view team results, and view your team setup: your organization (eg. BC Hydro), your workplace location (eg. Burnaby Office), and your team name (eg. Finance Flyers). New participants can join an existing organization's team or create a new one.

3. During Bike to Work Week (Nov. 2-8), log your route every day you ride. This will track your kms, GHGs, and calories, and increase your chances of winning fabulous prizes. Check your standing among all the registered teams in Metro Vancouver by viewing the "View Team Results" option under the Log Your Trips tab of the Commute Tracker.

Because we have some different user categories on the new site, you may be prompted to enter new information even if you were registered with Bike to Work Week in the past. The information helps the VACC understand more about where and why people are cycling so that we can best encourage more cycling for transportation in the region.

Questions about using the site?
Email biketow...@vacc.bc.ca.

You're invited to the Event Launch!
Wednesday, Oct. 28th, 8:30am
at the Vancouver Public Library, Central Branch (southwest plaza at Homer and Robson)
Watch as workplace teams from around the region compete to see who can arrive downtown first in rush hour with commuters in cars, on bikes and on transit. Hot drinks provided.

Commuter Station Schedule
Stop by a commuter station on your ride to work during November 2-8 -- we'll be waiting with hot drinks, prizes, and smiles! Keep checking the website for updates on commuter station locations.

Plus - Want to take your Bike to Work Week to the next level?
Join our new Executives program. You get detailed information about the bike habits at your business, insight into the barriers that keep employees from riding, and this year's Executives program logo - the mark of a bike-friendly business. Download the information here.

And don't forget - Becoming a member of the VACC is an easy, effective way of supporting cycling improvements in the region. You can become a member online anytime, or you can visit a commuter station during Bike to Work Week to sign up. Bring $30 cash or cheque so you can become a member and receive a free Knog light and regional bike map ($25 value). Memberships also provide you with bike shop, magazine, and car sharing discounts, a newsletter, and many other benefits.

We look forward to seeing you on the streets during Bike to Work Week November!

The Vancouver Area Cycling Coalition
Working to make cycling an integral part of the transportation culture in the Lower Mainland

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to jw_b...@hotmail.com by biketow...@vacc.bc.ca.
Vancouver Area Cycling Coalition | PO Box 47068 | RPO City Square | Vancouver | BC | V5Z 4L6 | Canada