Once again, Welcome!

ryan...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2005, 10:55:10 PM7/25/05
to CF_...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I have noticed a few of you that have joined the list.
Welcome!

Our first priority for COAL development at this point is to start
getting more services for COAL. So any ideas for services, throw them
out there and maybe some of us can get started developing those.

Also, if you guys want to help out in any way with COAL, just let me
know. Eventually I will also want to switch the COAL website to its
own domain, (I just couldn't come up with a good one, so if anyone has
any suggestions...) and hopefully get a hosting company to sponsor the
site for hosting.

Also, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, this would be the
appropriate forum, or if you want to email me directly feel free as
well.

So for now, lets just focus on ideas for COAL services, and getting
some more services in there. I need to contact Ray Camden again and
try to get him to sign off on using the cflib.org libraries in COAL,
although that shouldn't be a problem. Also, Steven and I are going to
try to get a recording of the presentation as well, so I'll let the
group know when that happens.

Again, thanks for your support, and hopefully we can really get the
ball rolling on COAL soon.

Ryan Guill
ryan...@gmail.com
www.ryanguill.com

http://coal.ryanguill.com

Waterswing Studio Trond Ulseth

Jul 26, 2005, 8:10:59 AM7/26/05
to CF_...@googlegroups.com
I'd be happy to provide hosting.

Trond Ulseth
Waterswing Studio
www.waterswing.com
www.waterswing.com/blog

Ryan Guill

Jul 26, 2005, 8:48:21 AM7/26/05
to CF_...@googlegroups.com
Trond,

That would be great! Ill be in touch with you soon then.

Thanks!
--
Ryan Guill
BlueEyesDevelopment

www.ryanguill.com/blog/

Cliff Meyers

Aug 11, 2005, 12:45:40 AM8/11/05
to CF_COAL
I frequently find myself having to write methods into a CFC for dealing
with hierarchical data stored in a RDBMS table. Usually the
relationship is described by two columns such as "ID" and "parentID".
Do you think there would be any use for a generic CFC that models that
kind of data and provides methods like getChildren(), getDescendents(),
getParent(), getAncestors(), etc? I figure that the end user could
then just extend that CFC to implement their business logic but get all
the parent/child relationship methods "for free"...

-Cliff

Ryan Guill

Aug 11, 2005, 8:32:18 AM8/11/05
to CF_...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely Cliff. Basically, if it is something you do more than
once, that isn't proprietary to your company or someones company that
doesnt need to be shared, we would love to have it!

I could imagine something like this being able to be used in many
different ways.