January 13: Help folks get on the bus

1 view

Donna Goodman

Jan 10, 2024, 8:35:15 PMJan 10
to CENJC-Ki...@googlegroups.com

Dear friends,

You can help your friends and neighbors get on the bus to Washington on January 13.

Israel’s genocidal war against the people of Palestine has reached horrific proportions. To date 23,000 people have been killed in Gaza, with hundreds more in the West Bank.

Protests are continuing every day – here in the Hudson Valley and Albany, all over the United States, and globally. Public opinion has been galvanized against genocide, apartheid, occupation and colonization.

As happened with the racist, apartheid regime in South Africa, global public opinion has now emerged as a highly significant factor in the struggle for a free Palestine.

On Saturday January 13, 2024 there will be a massive national March for Palestine in Washington D.C. The January 13 mass mobilization was initiated by the American Muslim Task Force for Palestine, which includes many of the most important national Muslim-American organizations.

The ANSWER Coalition was invited to be the national partner for this important mobilization. ANSWER Coalition volunteers and organizers are working to make this action a huge success. On November 4, 2023 hundreds of thousands of people descended on the nation’s capital for the largest protest of that type in U.S. history. We have to keep building on this momentum.

Albany ANSWER has reserved buses to get local activists to Washington on January 13. Click here bit.ly/albany2dc if you would like to reserve a seat. Tickets are $130 for the round-trip fare, with scholarships available based on donations.

We know that for many of our friends and neighbors who would like to show up for Palestine, the cost is steep. We want to provide scholarships for those who want to support Palestine but need help getting on the bus.

If you are able to make a contribution so that everyone who wants to can get on the bus, please click on this link. https://www.answercoalition.org/albany_bus

The people of Palestine are suffering one of the greatest crimes of the modern era. Their steadfastness and resilience are a source of inspiration for people all over the world. Apartheid is armed to the teeth by the U.S. government, but justice will prevail. Apartheid will not prevail. Palestine will be free!

All out for January 13th, and thank you for your support!

Donna Goodman, on behalf of Albany ANSWER