Fwd: PeaceWalk 2024 Update

1 view

ann winfield

Feb 8, 2024, 3:13:24 PMFeb 8
to kingston group

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: ann winfield <annl...@yahoo.com>
Date: February 8, 2024 at 3:10:46 PM EST
To: praxis-rea...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Fwd: PeaceWalk 2024 Update

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "PeaceWalk 2024 via ActionNetwork.org" <info+peace-w...@sg.actionnetwork.org>
Date: February 7, 2024 at 8:42:48 PM EST
To: annl...@yahoo.com
Subject: PeaceWalk 2024 Update

 PeaceWalk 2024 is gaining momentum!

Walking for Peace and Planet,
Justice and Democracy

Thank you so much for contacting us about PeaceWalk 2024. Please forgive the delay in responding. We felt it was important to get the route finalized and posted on the PeaceWalk2024.org website. You can now see our plans day by day, so that you can decide where and how to plug in to the walk.

We have also been working to bring other organizations on board to make sure that the walk has broad outreach to various sectors of the movements for peace, the environment, justice, and democracy. We are proud to say that besides Veterans For Peace, the initiating organization, our sponsors now include World Beyond WarCODEPINK-Women for PeacePopular Resistance.orgThe Global Network Against Nuclear Power and Weapons in Space, the United National Antiwar CoalitionMove to AmendSchool of the Americas WatchRoots ActionPhysicians For Social Responsibility Maine and National War Tax Resistance.

PeaceWalk 2024 is an opportunity to address the enormous costs and causes of war and to explore and demonstrate with our walking how to nonviolently create a peaceful and truly prosperous society for all. We may or may not realize it, but every one of us and all we love are facing existential threats to life on our planet–destruction of our environment and the very real possibility of nuclear war.

The sponsoring organizations will, each in their own way and from their own experience, address the connections between militarism, the climate crisis, the weapons manufacturers that profit from it, and the sustainability of the very social fabric we all depend on. We will look at how to end corporate control of our government (both local and national) and reclaim the billions of tax dollars used to produce the weapons that kill and destroy around the world.

For those of you who have already expressed interest in helping with specific aspects of the walk, someone from our team will contact you by email or phone to talk in more detail.

For more information or questions you can contact Tarak at tak...@gmail.com or at (845) 706-0187

Tarak Kauff and Ellen Davidson
For PeaceWalk 2024
A national project of Veterans For Peace

Action Network
Sent via Action Network, a free online toolset anyone can use to organize. Click here to sign up and get started building an email list and creating online actions today.
Action Network is an open platform that empowers individuals and groups to organize for progressive causes. We encourage responsible activism, and do not support using the platform to take unlawful or other improper action. We do not control or endorse the conduct of users and make no representations of any kind about them.
You can unsubscribe or update your email address or change your name and address by changing your subscription preferences here.