FW: [CCTC] FW: Please Share: Action Alert on CMS’ Proposed Rule for 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule

Radliff, Kisha

Aug 20, 2021, 11:58:58 AM8/20/21
to CD...@googlegroups.com

From: Chairs of Councils of Directors of Training Councils <CC...@LISTS.APA.ORG> On Behalf Of Grus, Catherine
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 3:44 PM
To: CC...@LISTS.APA.ORG
Subject: [CCTC] FW: Please Share: Action Alert on CMS’ Proposed Rule for 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule

Dear CCTC, please see below and forward to your members as appropriate .  Cathi

Dear Colleagues:

As you know, last Friday we launched our annual campaign for comments on CMS’ Proposed Rule for the 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (below).

We are asking everyone representing the discipline of psychology - whether practitioner, scientist, student, or educator - to make comments to CMS as part of a single effort on behalf of the field.

This proposal will not only impact practitioners' bottom line, but the resulting trickle-down effect will lead to reductions in mental and behavioral health services provided to those who are most in need.

Additional information about the campaign can be found on APA’s Action Center or the CY22 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule. Every Tuesday and Friday, we will be posting the total amount of comments sent, as well as state-by-state breakdowns. We hope you will find this useful to plan your outreach on the proposed rule. As a reminder, non-APA members can use our tool, so please encourage all your networks to take action!

Jared L. Skillings, PhD, ABPP
Chief of Professional Practice

Katherine B. McGuire

Chief Advocacy Officer

Image removed by sender.

Dear Colleague,

Click here to join thousands of your colleagues and add your voice to help protect psychological services.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is proposing a reduction in payment to psychologists by 3.89% in 2022. Additionally, CMS is proposing to reimburse telehealth and audio-only services at a reduced rate after the COVID-19 public health emergency ends.

This proposal will not only impact practitioners' bottom line, but the resulting trickle-down effect will lead to reductions in mental and behavioral health services provided to those who are most in need. Because Medicare's payment policies often serve as a benchmark for private insurance and other programs, these changes ultimately will affect EVERYONE, not just providers and patients enrolled in Medicare.

Therefore, we are asking everyone representing the discipline of psychology - whether practitioner, scientist, student, or educator - to make comments to CMS as part of a single effort on behalf of the field.

A significant portion of the 2022 proposed rule includes provisions to increase access to audio-only and other telehealth services beyond the end of the current public health emergency, including in Rural Health Clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers.

While these proposals by CMS represent a win for mental health, psychologists must continue to fight to ensure they are enacted as policy. APA and psychologists have fought hard to get this far, and now more than ever, all of us must weigh in to keep these changes in place.

You have until Monday, September 13, 2021 by 5:00 PM EDT to make your voice heard.

For additional information, please visit APA's Action Center for the CY22 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule.

Sincerely,

Jared L. Skillings, PhD, ABPP
Chief of Professional Practice

Katherine B. McGuire
Chief Advocacy Officer

Image removed by sender.

This email was sent to amy....@aristotle.com from advo...@apa.org.

This email was sent by: APA Advocacy. 750 First Street, NE | Washington | DC | 20002

If you do not wish to receive further messages from us, please click here to unsubscribe.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Click on this link to unsubscribe from the CCTC list UNSUBSCRIBE

An email will automatically open with "Unsubscribe" in the subject area. Just Send the message, as is, to unsubscribe from this list.