Friendly Reminder - School Psychology Review, Volume 51, Issue 6, 2022 is now available online!

Shane Jimerson

Jan 4, 2023, 9:15:24 AM1/4/23
to Shane Jimerson
Dear School Psychology colleagues (students, practitioners, and faculty) (please read and forward to others to share this valuable information),

We are absolutely delighted to share articles featured in the recent issue of SPR. This collection of articles focuses on Reconceptualizing School Psychology for the 21st Century! #SPRBeTheChange Articles feature contents addressing: the use of critical theory in school psychology; the importance of critical consciousness and ideological change; dismantling systematic inequities in school psychology; cultural humility and social justice; reckoning with ourselves; centering families; culturally responsive school mental health services; critical thinking in clinical practice; realignment of school psychology research, training, and practice; and strengthening the "school" in school psychology. We anticipate that these articles will be of interest to school psychology practitioners, students, policymakers, and faculty. For graduate educators, now is the time to update your syllabi for the next quarter, semester, year with this contemporary scholarship.

THANK YOU to Amanda Sullivan and Frank Worrell for their ongoing contributions as SPR Senior Editors and as Guest Editors on this important SPR special topic section. THANK YOU to all the authors who submitted articles and all the editorial board members who contributed reviews. We welcome ongoing submissions to SPR that continue to advance practice, policy, and science and inform the reconceptualization of the field of school psychology!

Hyperlinks are provided for easy access to each of the articles - Available to ALL NASP members! (first login to the NASP portal using your NASP member credentials) (and to others with institutional access, directly via the SPR website at T&F and links below)

School Psychology Review, Volume 51, Issue 6, 2022 (Special) is now available online on Taylor & Francis Online.

Special Topic Section on Reconceptualizing School Psychology for the 21st Century: The Future of School Psychology

Special Topic Section - Reconceptualizing School Psychology for the 21st Century: The Future of School Psychology

Reconceptualizing School Psychology for the 21st Century: The Future of School Psychology in the United States
Amanda L. Sullivan, Frank C. Worrell & Shane R. Jimerson
Pages: 647-660 | DOI: 10.1080/2372966X.2022.2139131

Use of Critical Theory to Develop a Conceptual Framework for Critical School Psychology
Sujay V. Sabnis & Sherrie L. Proctor
Pages: 661-675 | DOI: 10.1080/2372966X.2021.1949248

Overcoming Disaster Through Critical Consciousness and Ideological Change
Amanda L. Sullivan
Pages: 676-691 | DOI: 10.1080/2372966X.2022.2093127

Dismantling Systemic Inequities in School Psychology: Cultural Humility as a Foundational Approach to Social Justice
Andy V. Pham, Anisa N. Goforth, Lisa N. Aguilar, Isaac Burt, Renee Bastian & Diana M. Diaków
Pages: 692-709 | DOI: 10.1080/2372966X.2021.1941245

Reckoning With Ourselves: A Critical Analysis of White Women’s Socialization and School Psychology
Elizabeth L. W. McKenney
Pages: 710-725 | DOI: 10.1080/2372966X.2021.1956856

Centering Families: Advancing a New Vision for School Psychology
Susan M. Sheridan & S. Andrew Garbacz
Pages: 726-741 | DOI: 10.1080/2372966X.2021.1954860

Reconceptualizing Educational Contexts: The Imperative for Interprofessional and Interagency Collaboration in School Psychology
Maryellen Brunson McClain, Jeffrey D. Shahidullah, Bryn Harris, Laura Lee McIntyre & Gazi Azad
Pages: 742-754 | DOI: 10.1080/2372966X.2021.1949247

Transforming School Mental Health Services Based on a Culturally Responsible Dual-Factor Model
Philip J. Lazarus, Beth Doll, Samuel Y. Song & Kisha Radliff
Pages: 755-770 | DOI: 10.1080/2372966X.2021.1968282

Beyond the Rhetoric of Evidence-Based Assessment: A Framework for Critical Thinking in Clinical Practice
Stefan C. Dombrowski, Ryan J. McGill, Ryan L. Farmer, John H. Kranzler & Gary L. Canivez
Pages: 771-784 | DOI: 10.1080/2372966X.2021.1960126

Strengthening the School in School Psychology Training and Practice
Sylvia Rosenfield
Pages: 785-794 | DOI: 10.1080/2372966X.2021.1993032

Realignment of School Psychology Research, Training, and Practice
Kirsten W. Newell
Pages: 795-809 | DOI: 10.1080/2372966X.2021.2000841

In addition, there are recent special topic sections featuring articles addressing pressing contemporary topics in school psychology, including;

(over 15 articles already featured in this special topic collection)

Reminder to join SPR Social Media, Follow, Like, Retweet, Amplify:

If you have ideas or insights that will contribute to the future of SPR and the field of school psychology, please send us an email. #SPRBeTheChange

We look forward to further communications.

Gratefully,

The SPR Leadership Team

Editor

Shane R. Jimerson

University of California, Santa Barbara

Senior Editor

Jamilia J. Blake

Texas A&M University

Senior Editor

Gary L. Canivez

Eastern Illinois University

Senior Editor

Dorothy L. Espelage

University of North Carolina

Senior Editor

Jorge E. Gonzalez

University of Houston

Senior Editor

Amanda L. Sullivan

University of Minnesota

Senior Editor

Frank C. Worrell

University of California, Berkeley

Associate Editor

Prerna Arora

Columbia University

Associate Editor

Scott L. Graves

The Ohio State University

Associate Editor

Francis L. Huang

University of Missouri

Associate Editor

Stacy-Ann A. January

University of South Florida

Associate Editor

Tyler L. Renshaw

Utah State University

Associate Editor

Samuel Y. Song

University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Associate Editor

Cixin Wang

University of Maryland

Editorial Fellow

Chunyan Yang

  University of California, Berkeley

Editorial Fellow

Tamika LaSalle

   Georgia State University

 Editorial Fellow

Eui Kim

    University of California, Riverside

Editorial Fellow

Justin P. Allen

     Sam Houston State University

--
Shane R. Jimerson, Ph.D., NCSP
Professor

President-Emeritus, the Society for the Study of School Psychology
President-Emeritus, the International School Psychology Association
President-Emeritus, Division 16 School Psychology of APA
Editor Emeritus, School Psychology journal, published by APA
Editor, School Psychology Review,Twitter Facebook published by NASP

CCSP Vision - Innovations for Excellence and Equity in Counseling, Clinical, and School Psychology.

"I am unable to make the days longer, so I strive to make them better."
-Thoreau

McCurdy, Merilee

Jan 6, 2023, 11:18:55 AM1/6/23
to CD...@googlegroups.com

Happy new year everyone! I'm excited to see you all at Hollywood Beach soon! I'm also excited to let you know that the University of Tennessee, Knoxville is seeking a tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor in School Psychology to join our faculty starting Fall 2023!

If you haven't been to Knoxville, it's lovely! I refer to it as a college town with mountain views. Dr. Chris Skinner is chairing our search.  You can email him directly with questions (cski...@utk.edu) or this is the link to apply:  https://apply.interfolio.com/118537

Merilee McCurdy, PhD
University of Tennessee
Professor and Licensed Psychologist
Coordinator, School Psychology Program

Educational Psychology & Counseling
520 Bailey Education Complex
1122 Volunteer Blvd
Knoxville, TN 37996-3452

mccu...@utk.edu

University of Tennessee Knoxville position.pdf