JSP Special Issue: Promoting Equitable and Socially Just School Climates for Minoritized and Marginalized Students- Deadline extended (12/1/21)

Tamika La Salle

Sep 10, 2021, 1:14:20 PM9/10/21
to CD...@googlegroups.com

HI,

Please see the link and information regarding the special issue: Promoting Equitable and Socially Just School Climates for Minoritized and Marginalized Students. The deadline has been extended to December 1, 2021. I look forward to your contributions. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Special issue information:

Aims and scope of the Special Issue

This special issue advances equity, social justice, and anti-racism in school climate research in the following areas:

  • Describe a context in which educational policies and practices have negatively and disproportionately impacted minoritized children and families.
  • Present research methods and practice implications for advancing equity, social justice, and anti-racism in school climate
  • Through demonstration of applied research show how school climate research can advance equitable and anti-racist school climate
  • Present a vision for the next frontier of research, practice, and policy implications for school climate that centers equity

Manuscript submission information:

Submission instructions

The Journal of School Psychology submission system will be open for submissions to our Special Issue from 10/15/2021 to 12/1/2021. When submitting your manuscript please select the article type “VSI: School Climate”. Please submit your manuscript before 12/1/2021.

All submissions deemed suitable to be sent for peer review will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers. Once your manuscript is accepted, it will go into production, and will be simultaneously published in the current regular issue and pulled into the online Special Issue. Articles from this Special Issue will appear in different regular issues of the journal, though they will be clearly marked and branded as Special Issue articles.

Please see an example here:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/01401971/vsi/10DGK8XTM37?sdc=1

Please ensure you read the Guide for Authors before writing your manuscript. The Guide for Authors and link to submit your manuscript is available on the Journal’s homepage at:

https://www.elsevier.com/journals/journal-of-school-psychology/0022-4405/guide-for-authors

Inquiries, including questions about appropriate topics, may be sent electronically to Dr. Tamika La Salle (tamika....@uconn.edu).

Learn more about the benefits of publishing in a special issue: https://www.elsevier.com/authors/submit-your-paper/special-issues

Thank you,
T. La Salle & J Rocha Neves

Tamika P. La Salle, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)
Associate Professor, School Psychology Program
Editor-in-Chief International Journal of School & Educational Psychology
Research Scientist, Center for Behavioral Education and Research

University of Connecticut
Neag School of Education
249 Glenbrook Road, Unit 3064
Storrs, CT 06269
Office:860-486-5329
Email: tamika....@uconn.edu

On Jul 7, 2021, at 7:08 PM, La Salle, Tamika <tamika....@uconn.edu> wrote:

HI, all

Our special issue, Promoting Equitable and Socially Just School Climates for Minoritized and Marginalized Students has been fully approved by Craig Albers, the Editor of JSP and we will now be working with Elsevier to get things setup in the system. Thank you for your willingness to contribute to this special issue. We have attached a copy of the description of the special issue along with a summary of some of the invited papers (there will also be an open call) and the timeline. Papers should be submitted no later than October 15, 2021. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I look forward to working with you on this important special issue.

Thank you
Special Issue Co-Editors
T. La Salle & Jesslynn Rocha Neves

<image001.jpeg>

<La Salle-JSP Special Issue Proposal Form Elsevier_5A98[1][1].pdf>