Precedents for Private Practice through training clinics

Erin Yosai

Sep 7, 2021, 3:00:54 PM9/7/21
to Council of Directors of School Psychology Programs
Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all doing well, and are having a smooth (ish...as can be expected) start to the new academic year!

I am a new clinical training director and CDSPP member! As I begin, I am learning that many faculty here are interested in the ability to have a private practice through the training clinics on campus. I do know there are some programs that do this, but I am not familiar with any administrative or logistical hurdles this may present. Would anyone from a training program that allows supervisors to practice through the clinic have any resources, materials, or information to share with me about this process?

You can respond here, or email me directly at erin....@ku.edu

Thank you, sincerely, for your time and help!

Kindly,
Erin

Erin R. Yosai, Ph.D., NCSP, LP

Associate Professor of Professional Practice

Director, Center for Psychoeducational Services & School Psychology Clinical Training

Dept of Educational Psychology

she/her/hers

School of Education and Human Sciences

Joseph R. Pearson Hall: Office #130