Installation of CATMAID

Christian Tischer

May 17, 2018, 3:26:25 AM5/17/18
to CATMAID
Hello,

We would like to install CATMAID at EMBL in order to perform neuron tracing in a 30000^3 voxel EM data set.

Could you give es some insights as to how we could set this up?

Best wishes,

Christian (Centre for Bioimage Analysis, EMBL)

Albert Cardona

May 17, 2018, 2:24:18 PM5/17/18
to cat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

Catmaid.org has very detailed information. I suggest you start there.

Best,

Albert

Tom Kazimiers

May 18, 2018, 1:30:05 PM5/18/18
to cat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

As an alternative to the installation instructions that Albert pointed to [1],
it might also be an option to go with a docker-compose setup [2]. It makes
setup much easier, but custom configuration and tuning might is slightly
harder. I know people using this successfully, but mainly for static data, as a
test and training setup or for evaluation. All our production setups run with
regular installations though (so no Docker), because this is what we have most
experience with and what gives most control.

Let us know if you run into any problems.

Best,
Tom

[1] http://catmaid.readthedocs.io/en/stable/installation.html
[2] http://catmaid.readthedocs.io/en/stable/docker.html#persistence-with-docker-compose