NHS @ 75- Free Workshops Exploring Health and Healthcare

Info

Feb 27, 2024, 5:54:29 AMFeb 27
to can-ne...@googlegroups.com

Join us for a creative workshop exploring the NHS @ 75

NHS75/150 is a University of Manchester project celebrating the history of the NHS and looking forward to the next 75 years for this institution that has such a unique place in all of our lives.

Come down for cup of tea, chat and to get creative in our free creative participatory workshops in Wythenshawe, Harpurhey, Gorton and Longsight!

This year, the NHS hits it’s 75th birthday, and to mark this huge milestone we’d like to invite you to our workshops which explore your stories of the NHS, your health and healthcare.

  • Would you like to be creative, and document your healthcare story?

  • Would you to connect with local people to share experiences of health and the NHS?

  • Do you have views on how the NHS should look like during the next 75 years?

About the workshops:

Our welcoming and creative sessions will be led by artists/ facilitators Amy Vreeke, Dave Viney, Louise Wallwein, and Tony Sheppard. Over two sessions, through chats and creative writing, you will be invited to share your experiences of the NHS, and wishes for its future with the group. The Artists will be on hand to offer some creative tips, and prompts.

We will have breaks during our sessions, with provided snacks and refreshments and travel expenses can also be reimbursed.

Any one aged 18+ is welcome to join the group, and no previous creative experience is necessary. Feel free to invite a friend, or family member to come along too!

You will be given the opportunity to display your work in a Zine (mini-magazine) which will be designed by a local artist Drawn Poorly.

Workshops will be held at:

Wythenshawe:
Location:
Forum Centre, Simonsway, Wythenshawe, M22 5RX.
Date: Monday 18th and Monday 25th March. Time: 9:30am- 12pm. Facilitated by: Tony Sheppard

Harpurhey:
Location:
No. 93, 93 Church Lane, Harpurhey, Manchester, M9 5BG. Date: Wednesday 20th March and Wednesday 27th of March. Time: 10am- 1pm. Facilitated by: Amy Vreeke.

Gorton:
Location:
Gorton Hub, 27 Garrett Way, M18 8HE. Date: Saturday 13th and Saturday 20th of April. Time: 10am- 1pm. Facilitated by: Louise Wallwein.

Longsight:
Location:
Longsight Library, 519 Stockport Road, Longsight, M12 4NE. Date: Tuesday 16th and Tuesday 23rd of April. Time: 10am- 1pm. Facilitated by: Dave Viney.

How to join in:

To register your place at the workshops, or to ask any questions, please email Roxy who is organising the workshops: roxy_dayk...@outlook.com

Best wishes,

Roxy

Roxy Daykin-Moores

Creative Producer

Currently working with 20 Stories High and Malandra Jacks.

NHS75_150_Workshops_Callout_All Workshops.pdf