An invitation from Streetwise Opera

Info

May 14, 2024, 6:48:08 AMMay 14
to can-ne...@googlegroups.com

Hello

I hope you don’t mind me reaching out to share this invitation from award-winning opera company and homelessness charity Streetwise Opera.

We are proud to launch Re:Discover Festival, a celebration of African and Caribbean heritage through the voices of people with lived experience of homelessness, and we would be delighted if you could join us on any of the festival dates: 27-28 May in London, 7-8 June in Manchester and 19-20 July in Nottingham.

Re:Discover draws inspiration from the artistry and spirit of classical composers of African and Caribbean heritage, from Ignatius Sancho and Joseph Bologne (Chevalier de Saint-Georges), to Florence Price and Shirley J Thompson.

Curated by soprano Abigail Kelly, this event includes performances by actor and writer Paterson Joseph, Thompson’s uplifting opera Women of the Windrush, the Jazz Jamaica All Stars, pop-up recitals, talks and workshops by special musical guests, and the premiere of three short operas co-created by over 100 individuals with lived experience of homelessness.

The festival celebrates the creativity and resilience of people who have experienced homelessness and are determined not to be defined by their past challenges but by their ability to create a more beautiful and inclusive world.

We hope you will be able to join us. You can find out more about Re:Discover here.

Best wishes

Rey

Rey Trombetta

Head of Marketing & Communications
Pronouns: he, him, his

020 3987 7535

www.streetwiseopera.org

Subscribe to Streetwise Opera emails to find out more about our work and future performances.

Office address: 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London, E1 6LA
Registered charity number: 1092931 | Company number: 04370521