David Longworth | Preparing for Pandemics. | 2024-06-12 | CACOR Live

1 view

Art Hunter

Jun 6, 2024, 2:06:23 PMJun 6
to Cacor Events

You are invited to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Title: Preparing for Pandemics.

Speaker:  Dr. David Longworth

Time: Jun 12, 2024 13:30 Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89359533930?pwd=alhjRHp3Ni93Z3BxMThiYVRoYU5SQT09

Meeting ID: 893 5953 3930

Passcode: 855645

image.png

David Longworth is a retired economist. He had a 36-year career at the Bank of Canada. From 2003 until 2010, he was a Deputy Governor there—one of two responsible for issues related to financial stability and financial markets. From 2005 to 2010, he was a member of the Committee on the Global Financial System and the Markets Committee, which met at the Bank for International Settlements.

After his retirement from the Bank, he was an Adjunct Research Professor at Carleton University (2010 to 2020) and a Term Adjunct Professor at the Department of Economics at Queen’s University (2011 to 2021).

David Longworth received a BSc in Mathematical Statistics in 1973 and an MA in Economics in 1974, both from the University of Alberta. He holds a PhD in Economics from MIT in 1979. He has published in leading economic and finance journals, including the Journal of Finance.

His major policy research interests are credit cycles, financial regulation, monetary policy, and preventing future pandemics. He is a co-author with Frank Milne of Preparing for Pandemics: Lessons from the Global Financial Crisis and COVID-19. He is a Research Fellow of the C.D. Howe Institute.

Administration:

–  The CACOR Sponsor is David Pollock.

–  Please invite friends and colleagues.

–  One brief question at a time please.   Others are waiting.

–  DO NOT post these Zoom credentials on social media.

– Suggestions for future speakers are solicited.  Wednesdays starting on 9 October 2024 are available.

Planned CACOR Zoom meetings:

12-Jun-24

David Longworth

Preparing for Pandemics.

19-Jun-24

Nandita Bajaj

Confronting Population Denialism.

26-Jun-24

Paul Martin

Hydrogen, Hopium and Scale.

3-Jul-24

Rosemary Kralik

Experiences after 26 Years of Regenerative Agriculture.

and Dr. Barry Bruce

10-Jul-24

James Howard Kunstler

TBD

17-Jul-24

Dave Rollo

Keep Our Counties Great

24-Jul-24

Bob Walker

Waste nuclear heat for district heating

31-Jul-24

Melissa Kenney

US Climate Adaptation with Equitable and Just Action.

7-Aug-24

Raymond Leury

Part 3:  Do we have the Materials for a Green Transition?

14-Aug-24

closed

Week off in August.

21-Aug-24

closed

Week off in August.

28-Aug-24

David Hutton

Protection of Whistleblowers in Canada

4-Sep-24

David Head, John Gentile and Art Hunter

Community Energy; always on carbon free power & fuel systems

11-Sep-24

David Harries

Canada Undefended? Yes!  Canada Undefendable? Yes, Unless.....

18-Sep-24

Maude Barlow

Water

25-Sep-24

Trevor Hancock

Linking well being and an adverse environment

2-Oct-24

Dr. Brian Czech

Developing the Steady State Economy Act

9-Oct-24

16-Oct-24

Art Hunter

Jun 13, 2024, 2:39:33 AMJun 13
to Cacor Events
The URL below contains links to:

1.  The YouTube video
2.  Presentation slides
3.  live attendees list
4.  the Chat record

Please share this link widely, even on social media.   For those so moved, we would encourage $3, $5 or $10 contributions to Donate - Canadian Association for the Club of Rome (canadiancor.com).   These small contributions to our registered charity can assist us in continuing high quality productions of this CACOR Live series by our team of volunteers.