Dev C++ and DirectX

JoeC

Jan 5, 2006, 9:40:12 PM1/5/06
to C++ Game Programming
I got good description of how use directX with VC++ but how do I set up
the DEVC++ compiler?

JoeC

Jan 21, 2006, 4:20:43 AM1/21/06
to C++ Game Programming
I guess I figured it out but I am still getting an error:

[Linker error] undefined reference to `DirectDrawCreate@12'

Andreas Tropschug

Jan 21, 2006, 8:27:40 AM1/21/06
to C-Game-Pr...@googlegroups.com
Did you link to the library file?
ddraw.lib or something like that?

JoeC

Jan 21, 2006, 3:09:57 PM1/21/06
to C++ Game Programming
I always appreciate the help I get trying to use compilers, often using
the programs can be more challeging that writing code. I can make
directX work with VC++, I got some good help on that. I just don't
like the program very much is to me cumbersome. It seems that I have
added the necessary libraries, and the program finds the ddraw lib. I
even added #define INITGUID.

As I was writing this I figured it out. I have to use the project icon
and add the libddraw.a. It was a challenge.