Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

(``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS

não lida,
2 de jul. de 2010, 17:03:5902/07/2010
para BrinKa...@googlegroups.com

BrinKadeiraS

Link to (-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS

Surprise: Apple Allows Google AdMob Ads for iPhone 4, iPad

Yes, Adblock Plus is broken in the current Minefield

I expect lots of reports on this issue so I better publish an explanation before that happens. Yes, starting with Minefield build 20100702 Adblock Plus won’t work any more — neither the stable version nor the development builds. This is due to huge changes in the Gecko platform which were announced a few weeks ago.

These affect lots of extensions, not only Adblock Plus. The solution is relatively easy and I’ve implemented it for the Adblock Plus development builds already. However, these huge changes caused a regression which prevents even these development builds from working. So at the moment I cannot provide a working Adblock Plus version for Minefield build 20100702 and higher — if you cannot live without it you should stay with Minefield build 20100701 for now.

What happens next? I expect bug 576492 to be resolved soon, at this point Adblock Plus development builds will start working again. A little later, once the dust settles, I will release Adblock Plus 1.2.1 to give people a stable version as well that is compatible with Minefield (it will not have any of the changes that already went into the development builds, only a tiny compatibility change).

Update: Bug 576492 is already fixed meaning that the current Adblock Plus development build (1.3a.20100702) should work correctly in the next Minefield nightly.

Disabling Gmail Conversations

Grouping messages in conversations is one of the most useful Gmail features. It's also one of the few features that made Gmail unique and innovative back in 2004, when it was released.

(the "about Gmail" page from April 2004)

"Gmail groups all replies with their original message, creating a single conversation or thread. In other email systems, responses appear as separate messages in your inbox, forcing you to wade through all your mail to follow the conversation. In Gmail, replies to replies (and replies to those replies) are displayed in one place, in order, making it easier to understand the context of a message -- or to follow the conversation," explains Gmail's help center.

Some people suggested that Gmail should make threading optional. They assumed that it's pretty easy to disable a feature that's usually offered as a presentation enhancement in email clients. In Gmail, conversations are a core feature and it would be very difficult to disable it without breaking other features.

Last month, Henry Blodget reported that Google intends to make Gmail's conversations optional. "Some Gmail users loathe the Conversations format -- complaining that is confusing and causes them to miss important messages. Google recently handed control over Gmail to a VP named Vic Gundotra. Vic regards Google's prior attitude toward issue as 'tone deafness' and plans to offer another option soon, sources say."

While Gmail's threading doesn't always work properly and it's not always useful, grouping messages and replies in conversations makes it easier to find messages, to read messages and to reply to other messages. Most Gmail features are designed to work with conversations and not with individual messages. For example, you can't label a single message, you can't archive a single message and you can't mark a message as read or unread and you can't detach messages from conversations without deleting them.

If Gmail offers an option to disable conversations, it's likely that Gmail will act like an IMAP client. "IMAP treats messages individually and not as a threaded conversation. If you move a message to an IMAP folder in your mail client, only that message in the conversation will move to that folder. However, in the web interface, the whole conversation will be given the corresponding label. The same rules will apply to labels applied through filters."

If you label a message, Gmail will also label the messages from the conversation even if it will no longer display conversations. I don't think that's a great user experience.

Now that even iPhone's mail client and Hotmail added threading, it's surprising to see that Google decided to make conversations optional and to offer a suboptimal interface that makes Gmail more confusing and difficult to use.

Symbian-Guru.com Is Over

Shared by Ricky
Still can't believe we published this today. Really touched by all the comments - reading every single one.

As of today, I will no longer be updating Symbian-Guru.com, and will be purchasing an Android-powered smartphone – my new Nexus One should arrive tomorrow. I’ve been a Nokia fanboy since 1999, and a Symbian fanboy since I got my Nokia 6620 in summer of 2004. Since then, I’ve personally owned 10+ different Symbian-powered smartphones, and have reviewed nearly every Symbian-powered smartphone that’s been released in the past 3 years or so. I’ve tried to use all of Nokia’s various products and services to the best of my ability, and I just can’t do it anymore.

I can’t continue to support a manufacturer who puts out such craptastic ‘flagships’ as the N97, and who expects me to use services that even most of Nokia’s own employees don’t use. I also can’t continue to support a mobile operating system platform that continually buries itself into oblivion by focusing on ‘openness’ while keeping a blind eye towards the obvious improvements that other open platforms have had for several iterations.

When I received my HTC Eris, I was 100% convinced that using Android would ruin Symbian for me. Ironically, the Eris showed me the ugly side of Android – the side that reveals itself on crappy processors paired with piss-poor amounts of RAM. In fact, it was the Nokia N97 – the company’s last real “flagship” Symbian device – that has completely and utterly killed Symbian for me. The Nokia N97, when announced, was supposed to be the epitome of Nokia’s high-end smartphone offerings. Nokia is the largest cellphone manufacturer in the world, with the largest worldwide marketshare on the planet. The Nseries was originally conceived to be the company’s top-notch smartphones – the best of the best, if you will. The N9x devices have always been the best of the Nseries, as well – the cream of the crop of the best of the best, and yet the N97 is quite possibly one of the most embarrassing devices ever to come out of the Finnish monster.

You may be saying, ‘well, sure, but the N8 is set to come out any month now, shouldn’t you give it a fighting chance?’ Yes, of course I *should*, but I won’t. When the Nokia N8 was first announced, I was dead convinced I would purchase one out of my own pocket. I started putting money aside, ready to even pre-order the N8 as soon as I could. However, the more I use the Nokia N97 as my primary device, the less I’ve been convinced that the N8 is going to be better. Time and time again, Nokia’s high-end smartphones have arrived with pathetic processors, stingy amounts of RAM, and small batteries – why should I put up another $500 of my own money ‘just to see’?

Nokia-N8-memory-full(image credit: The Nokia Blog)

If you recall, when the Nokia N97 was announced, we all drooled over it endlessly. We marveled at its features, its monstrous internal storage, sliding hinge assembly, 1500mAh battery, and more. We waited a disturbing 6 months for it to actually be available…only to actually get it. The launch firmware on the Nokia N97 was so bad, I sincerely hope that whoever gave it the A-OK to be released has been fired from Nokia. It took them another 6 months just to release a firmware that wasn’t rubbish, and now, the ‘flagship’ languishes behind other devices, frustrating owners like myself more and more each day.

Despite getting one that was manufactured much later than the initial batch, my Nokia N97 had the famed camera slider issue, where the ‘protective’ lens cover was actually damaging the lens it was designed to protect, flooding photos with the dual-LED flash and making them useless. The GPS, once strong, now loses signal every 10-15 seconds, making the free voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation offered by Ovi Maps a complete waste (not to mention the POI database in my area is abysmal). Don’t bother filling that 32GB of internal storage with music – it’ll bog the phone down so much you won’t be able to use it for a thing.

The pissant processor in the N97 is another aspect that completely kills the device. The phone is hardly able to keep up with the operating system’s multitasking capabilities, frequently running out of RAM and slowing to a crawl. Worse, the C: storage – where you install 3rd party applications and where the majority of Nokia’s own products install themselves – is so small it’s ridiculous. After installing Nokia Messaging for Email (which should have been pre-installed in such a flagship device), Ovi Maps’ latest update, and Ovi Contacts, I’m left with less than 10MB free. To add insult to injury, this 10MB tends to disappear on its own – I’m down to 2MB after being at 10MB a week or two ago. The only way to recover it is to hard-reset the phone, which I’ve done several times, and then painstakingly re-installing all your stuff. It still takes me close to an hour, and I would consider myself a pro.

After this experience with the Nokia N97, there’s simply no way I trust them to not screw up with the N8 – not enough for me to fork over $500 of my own money, at least. Sure, the N8 looks good on paper and in the first reviews – but then again, so did the N97, as I recall.

Symbian Foundation is also a factor in my decision to dump it all and go Android. Like Android, Symbian Foundation prides itself on being open and free – loudly and oftentimes obnoxiously boasting about how its source code is free for all – despite no one really caring about this, at least in my circle. The platform still languishes behind Android in simple features – being able to replace various pieces of the OS at the users’ whim, native threaded SMS/MMS, integrated IM, and a usable app marketplace, among others.

What’s worse is that developers of popular online services are completely ignoring Symbian, putting it further and further behind the other platforms. To date, there is still not an official client for Dropbox, Pandora, Last.FM (don’t get me wrong, Mobbler is one of the reasons I’ve stuck with Symbian, but it’s still not official), Foursquare, Twitter, and a host of others. Yes, there are solutions to this on Symbian, but nearly every other platform has an *official* client from these popular services – showing that the developers see those platforms as something their users would actually be using.

To be truthful, I’m also exhausted with trying to be a Nokia/Symbian fan in the U.S. There is absolutely zero marketing effort from either company in this market, and it’s not for lack of opportunities. For the past 2 years, the season finale of American Idol has been held at Nokia Live theatre in Los Angeles, California. I watched both finales, and did not *once* see a Nokia logo anywhere on the screen through the shows. In fact, the only mention of Nokia, at all, was when they said the name of the venue. No banners hanging anywhere, no ad space during commercials for the latest Nokia device from the U.S. carriers, nothing. It’s pathetic. While European carriers stumble over themselves to carry the latest Nokia devices, American carriers tend to pick up the lame-duck and low-end versions of Nokia’s phones. This is improving, but at a snail’s pace. Both Symbian and Nokia are dying brands in the U.S., if not already dead, and I’m sick and tired of banging the gong alone.

Most of my friends and family now carry Android-powered devices. My dad traded in his Nokia 6126 for a Motorola Backflip, and my mom, who previously used my N95-3 and 5800 XpressMusic, did as well. My little brother just picked up an HTC Hero, and my wife, who has carried the N81 8GB, N96, and E71, is now eyeing the HTC EVO 4G. As mentioned earlier, I’ve already sold off my N97 and ordered a Nexus One from Google.

The Nexus One has the fastest mobile processor available today, a whopping 512MB of RAM, and is consistently being updated to the latest version of the Android operating system. Its hardware also conforms to the requirements put in place for Android v3.0, surprisingly.

And so, after 3 years and 8 months, Symbian-Guru.com is officially done. Thanks to Nokia’s consistently piss-poor hardware choices and Symbian’s lack of ability to even remotely compete in terms of features, abilities, and overall experience, I’ve lost my passion for both. As mentioned, the site will remain, but it will not be updated any longer. To all of you whom I’ve met – both online and offline – it’s been easily the best 3 years and 8 months of my life. I’ll still be online in the usual places, and will still be actively blogging about mobile/tech/Internet at my personal site, http://www.RickyCadden.com. Of course I’ll still keep my eye on Nokia. If they can put out 2 flagship devices in a row that don’t completely suck, I may even give them another chance. I won’t hold my breath.

To Nokia, you guys are losing. Hard. Wake the hell up. Doing the same thing repeatedly while expecting different results is the definition of insanity. I’ve been a huge Nokia fan since my 2nd cellphone, and I just can’t do it any longer. You guys aren’t competing like you once were, and everyone but you seems to see that. You used to build the world’s best smartphones, the world’s best cameras, the world’s best GPS units – you’ve lost pretty much all of that, and with nothing to show for it. You unveiled your Ovi vision over 2 years ago – I was there. Today, it’s still a complete mess. I have to log in every single time I visit the site – regardless of how many times I check the ‘remember me’ box. I spent 6 months (and about 3 hours at Nokia World 2009) trying to find someone to help me with Ovi Contacts on the web – no one knew who to point me to. You spent millions of dollars purchasing your Ovi pieces – Ovi Files, Ovi Share, and a host of other little companies – are you proud of what you ‘built’ with them? Most of your own employees (that I’ve talked to) don’t even use them, so why should I?

To Symbian, if you’d stop shouting about being open, you’d see that you’re losing too. Consumers are leaving and developers are staying away. Frankly, I think Symbian is better off than Nokia at this point. I’ll give you a hint: the first step is to consolidate. Your top three manufacturer partners (Nokia, Samsung, and Sony Ericsson) all have their own app stores – that’s three times the work for your developers to get their apps to consumers. Second, you guys need to find someone else to build your platform’s flagship devices – Nokia is actively and consistently blowing it for you. Nokia’s lost a few folks to HTC – see if you can get them to build you a platform flagship. The best operating system in the world can still be crippled by crappy hardware.

This was not an easy decision to make. To be honest, I’ve wanted to write this post for the past several months – I’ve had numerous conversations with Dotsisx about this, and we both kept saying ‘let’s give them some time, surely Nokia/Symbian is going to improve.’ Guess what – they didn’t, and it’s just….sad. Like watching your favorite sports team lose game after game after game. Eventually, even the most die-hard sports fans have to find a new team.

I do want to say, however, that Nokia is not without the talent to do some awesome things – nearly every single Nokian that I’ve met personally – save for a few – are the friendliest, nicest folks; eager to listen to (and better understand) feedback on any product at any time. Some of this feedback is immediately reinvested in future products, which is awesome. As I’ve attended Nokia World three times, every time has been awesome and reassuring to see the Nokians who are actually doing things and who get just as frustrated as I have with various things. Unfortunately, this awesome talent seems to be wasted somehow. I sincerely hope that the upper brass at Nokia starts listening to the folks who are putting in extra time and effort – these folks know what’s going on, and like I did originally, simply want to see Nokia succeed.

Symbian Guru and Dotsisx

When I told Dotsisx that I had finally made the decision and started writing the post, she confessed that she was at the same point that I was, and put together her part. We’ll both be leaving the site, but she has her own reasons:

Well, what can I say after this articulate tirade from Ricky? How much can I add when The Symbian Guru himself gives up on Symbian, just like when a few days ago, a company called SymbianGuru (without the dash) started releasing software for Android. It should be a sign, nah, it should be a freaking glowing DANGER light if someone cares to notice.

Although my experience has been different from Ricky’s in some areas (I have a Nokia N97 Mini and don’t suffer the internal memory issues he has, I also live in Lebanon where Nokia is huge and does a lot of campaigns and marketing), Ricky sums up a lot of my frustrations with Nokia and Symbian right now. Much like him, I have been a fan and a power user from the moment I bought my Nokia 3250 XpressMusic 4 years ago. Since then, I’ve owned and trialed more Symbian/Nokia devices than I care to remember, but for posterity’s sake here’s the list: C5, E52, E55, E61i, E66, E71, E72, E75, E90, N81 8GB, N82, N85, N86 8MP, N93i, N95, N95 8GB, N96, N97, N97 Mini, X6, 5530 XM, 5730 XM, 5800 XM, 6210 Navigator, 6700 Slide, 6710 Navigator, 6720 Classic, and Sony Ericsson Satio. Woosh! I’ve evangelized Symbian and smartphones when people didn’t know what those weird words meant, I’ve shown friends around me how to use every single feature in their phone and I’ve convinced many colleagues in the Pharmacy and Medical field that they don’t need a PDA or a Windows Mobile to access relevant medical information, they can do it right from their Nokia with several applications especially MobiReader and its collection of medical eBooks.

Unfortunately, times have changed. The E71 is and will always be the absolute best phone I ever used and one that symbolizes the epitome of mobile technology for me. Since its release though, it has been a steady decline, and although I currently own and use a Nokia N97 Mini daily, I’m annoyed by many aspects of it, not the least of which is how Nokia’s own applications lag painfully on this rehash of a flagship that was supposed to fix some of the original N97’s shortcomings. Take Nokia Messaging for Email, IM or Social Networks. The UI is ugly, the features have been evolving at a snail’s pace, and I’m pretty convinced the team tests those apps on different hardware with 1GHz processors because no one in their right mind would release apps like that, not beta, not alpha, not even pre-alpha. I swear I could get a VISA, buy an airplane ticket, travel to Texas and talk to Ricky in person before Nokia Messaging for IM loads and opens a conversation with him on my N97 Mini. Another pet peeve I have is with the nonavailability of official Dropbox, IMDB, Facebook, Paypal, Ebay, Read It Later, … applications on Symbian. But honestly, how can you blame outside developers when Nokia themselves can’t seem to pull through a decent application?

This is nothing though compared to the absolute lack of any medical application on Symbian^1. There’s none. None whatsoever. Not decent, not half bad, not totally bad. NONE. Absolutely Zero. Zilch. Niente. How silly is that, when the Apple App Store has a complete category dedicated to Medical software?! On my E71, I used to use Skyscape apps as well as MobiReader for my 200$ bought medical ebooks. Now I no longer have those: Skyscape never ported their apps from S60 3rd to Symbian^1, and MobiReader went into oblivion. The one reason I fell in love with Symbian/Nokia in the first place is now the reason I hate it passionately. Ironic, isn’t it? Some pundits will argue that there’s a bookmark for that. I’m sorry, when I need my info instantly and my mobile connection is slow and costs a ton, there’s no bookmark for that, “there’s an app for that”. As it goes, I have been carrying an iPod Touch daily and am bedazzled by the amount of amazing quality and quantity of freeware medical software for it, let alone paid applications. The fact that huge companies like Epocrates, Lexi-Comp, Medscape, Vidal chose to ignore the Symbian platform speaks a ton about how bad things are for the ecosystem.

What good does it do me, as a user, if you have 40 or 50 or 60 % marketshare when you fail to gain any developer traction? There’s Qt, widgets, Python, an SDK, Java, d’oh. But where are the medical applications? Where are thespecialty apps that I once wrote about on S60 3rd but were never ported to Symbian^1? Where are the games that make me pop my eyes in awe? The N8 will get Angry Birds. Big whoop. It took me all of 2 days to finish all levels of Angry Birds on my iPod Touch and you know what? When I was done, I moved on to the next game. Could I say the same about the N8?

When I think back to 3 or 4 years ago, when the iPhone and Android were first launched, I remember how they were a joke for many Symbian users. But look at them now! Look how much has evolved and grown in those two, software and feature-wise as well as ecosystem-wise. Four years ago, I had a long list of arguments to use when friends told me they’re getting an iPhone. But year after year, that list grew smaller. Now I just stand there and nod, knowing that there’s nothing I can argue with. The mobile space has seen a mind-blowing acceleration, hugely thanks to the iPhone, and meanwhile, Symbian and Nokia have stayed the same. I have now come to expect that whatever feature is still missing from Android/iOS will probably be added soon in a future firmware update. I wish I could have the same faith and certainty about Symbian.

I’m pretty sure these words will surprise if not astonish many of you who know how much of a Symbian faithful I am. Right now, I honestly don’t know where I stand exactly in regards to Symbian. The fact that I’m doubting my position is reason enough for me to stop writing here. I can’t evangelize a platform when I’m no longer 100% convinced myself: that would be hypocrisy and I’m not a hypocrite. (This is *precisely* my position, too – Ricky)

As I repeated many times, I love my iPod Touch but I’ll probably never buy an iPhone. There’s just so many hoops I have to go through to make it work like I want it to, thanks to Apple’s closed walled garden approach, and that’s not something I’m willing to go through with my main phone. I don’t like the touchscreen-only form factor and I’m not wow’ed by the eye candy of the OS either, but I can definitely see the appeal of iOS thanks to that ever-growing App Store. So for now, I am locked to Symbian for a couple more years mainly thanks to the lack of any decent mobile data service in Lebanon and Symbian giving me full control over data consumption, but my heart is no longer in it. I am currently actively seeking and drooling over any Android device, and I know that despite the data consumption issue, if I get an Android with a slide-out qwerty, it’ll be the end of Symbian and Nokia for me.

On a personal level, now, it’s time to move on. Those who have followed me on Twitter know that I have been actively seeking a location to open my own pharmacy. I finally found it. I’m moving from being an employee to becoming my own boss with my own little business. I’ve also gone back to writing. I used to be an amateur English/French writer/poet before I started blogging and I miss it a lot. I’ve recently taken back my (virtual) pen and will see if I decide to start self-publishing some of my work. I guess God closes a door and opens a window. Those are two amazingly big windows!

But this isn’t a farewell. You know me, you know I’ll always be passionate about mobile and tech. It’s not as much as I’m quitting Symbian, it’s more like I’m quitting being a Symbian advocate, and exclusively a Symbian fan. If you need your Dotsisx fix, I’ll still be around on Twitter as @khouryrt, on FoneArena where I’ve been contributing galleries, reviews and opinions for the past year and a half and where I’ll continue writing whatever floats my boat, be it Symbian, iOS or Android, on NokiaLB which tackles Nokia news (not just Symbian, ie let’s cross our fingers for Meego) with a slight twist on Lebanon and the MiddleEast, as well as my personal DotsisxBlog. I hope to see you there.

I just went back and re-read the title of this post “Symbian-Guru Is Over”. It saddens me that we have come to this, but Ricky and I have been discussing it for a long time, yet we never got past the “we should close it” talking stage, always digging in and finding a reason to keep the passion flowing. It’s staggering that we now finally decided to sit down and write our final post. It had to be done and although it was hard at first, I’ve now come to terms with the decision. I was a Symbian-Guru reader and fan long before I became a writer here, 2 and a half years ago. I love the community, I love how strongly opinionated you, our readers, are, how many times you’ve set my facts straight or argued with my point of view. I love the people I got to meet through Symbian-Guru, be it passionate Symbian fans, other bloggers, or Nokia employees, I cherish the moments and opportunities that have risen since I joined the site and the tons of things I learned that can’t be put on paper and that are related to Symbian but that stretch well beyond Symbian. It’s time to close this chapter and hand the torch to all the new and passionate bloggers out there who still love Symbian and Nokia dearly.

We both also want to thank the various contributors to the site over the years – Wampyre, who has stuck with us the longest, but also PseudoFinn, Ollywompus, SchawlaF, and yes, even Gorilla. We couldn’t have done it without ya’ll.

Related Posts

Scooter Transportation Fail

epic fail photos - Scooter Transportation Fail

Picture by: dunno source Submitted by: dunno source via Fail Uploader

Scooter - Motorcycle - Recreation - Organizations - Vintage

Blogger Stats

Two years ago, Google started to test an analytics service for blogs. MeasureMap, the service acquired by Google to improve the interface of Google Analytics, was still available and MeasureMap users were invited to convert their accounts to Google Analytics. At that time, Google Analytics experimented with integrating MeasureMap features like showing information about comments, blog posts, links from other sites. For Blogger blogs, Google also added a "stats" tab on the dashboard.

It's not clear if the Google Analytics experiment is still available, but Google released Blogger Stats, a Blogger feature that lets you see real-time data about a blog: the most popular posts, the number of pageviews for each post, the total number of pageviews, a list of traffic sources and search keywords, a breakdown of pageviews by country, browser and operating system. Blogger Stats is only available if you use Blogger in Draft, a playground where Blogger tests many new features.

"The coolest thing about the new Blogger Stats is that it monitors and analyzes your visitor traffic in near-real-time. You can see which posts are getting the most visits and which sites are sending traffic to your blog right now," says Google. Blogger Stats doesn't use Google Analytics, which offers more complex reports, but they are updated every hour and sometimes even less often.

The Box

Tenho que confessar que estava com muita curiosidade para ver este The Box. Realizado e adaptado por Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko, Southland Tales) com base numa curta de Richard Matheson (I Am Legend, The Incredible Shrinking Man) este filme tem como base uma simples premissa: e se um desconhecido vos oferecesse uma caixa com um botão? Caso o pressionem receberão um milhão de dólares, mas alguém que não conhecem irá morrer.

Um curioso dilema moral, que rapidamente nos faz pensar assim que nos informam que, após a sua utilização a caixa será entrege a um novo casal... um casal nosso desconhecido.

Nos papéis principais encontramos Cameron Diaz, James Marsden e Frank Langella, e o filme comporta-se relativamente bem mas sem ser brilhante. É um filme que infelizmente parece perder-se em si próprio, com montes de implicações e conjecturas que depois pecam por ser abordadas em profundidade. Algo que infelizmente parece ser muito comum neste tipo de adaptações de histórias "curtas".

Vale sempre a pena dar uma olhada, mas não é filme que vá deixar muitas saudades.

FAIL

Shared by Rui
Copião! :)
A couple of my friends:
fail

PS: if you are wondering, that's the wet T-shirt dried

Ben Collins: Why Linux will (has?) hit a wall in popularity with normal users...

Shared by Doug
His last sentence (in the article, not the blurb) is telling. He's not really as convinced as his title suggests. Just like the fact that we don't have flying cars or weekly vacations to the moon, things often take longer due to economic reasons (not technical reasons) than one might think. No one knows how good mobile technologies will get nor how quickly. I still don't get cell reception in my office and until things like that change things like 3G Internet will not be a cure-all. The thing holding back Linux is games. I think games may take 4 years to get good. Steam has to come out and then people have to understand that it works. Once games come it will take another 4 years or so for those not into gaming to have there gamer friends (that are the computer people in many circles) tell them it's ok to use.

Of course, then there's the definition of what the "Year of Desktop Linux" is. Is it 50% market share? Is it catching Apple? Is it all the major manufacturers offering Linux machines in some capacity? I'm really curious to find out what people think.
So this is one of the few times I decide to get political and/or rational. Most of my career has been spent on Linux. And while the gettin's good, I don't subscribe to the notion that Linux, as a desktop, will take over the World.Let me make one thing clear. I do believe Linux, as a core, will succeed in many forms. On the server, on mobile products (where it is the core and not exposed directly to the user, a la Android).So here's the problem as I see it. Too many choices. Yes, this has been...

Happy 31st Birthday Walkman!

Written by Dorina Graham

31 years ago in July, Sony released its iconic portable audio cassette player. The Walkman changed music culture, allowing people to record, listen and transport music like never before.

Happy Birthday Walkman

Source

When Sony modified a cassette player and added headphones, the Walkman was born. By 1983, everyone who was anyone had a Walkman. This was a status symbol of cool. Happy Birthday Walkman!

Source

This huge Sports Walkman sits outside an 80s building in Disney World Florida. Believe it or not, it was hip to clip the smaller, portable version to your 80s outfit and be seen in public with a Walkman. Have you seen those workout outfits from the 80s? Now that’s scary.

Source

The blue-and-silver Walkman TPS-L2 was the first commercially available Walkman. It went on sale in Japan on July 1, 1979. Sony considered releasing the Walkman in the U.S. under the name Sound-About. For marketing reasons, they kept the name Walkman. It had a $200 price tag which was a great deal of money in 1979.

Sony Walkman Groups

Pictured above are Sony Walkman models: TPS-L2, SRF-30W, SRF-80W with a ‘Portable Stereo Speaker System,’ and WM-3EX. Throughout the years, various improvements were made to these rectangular personal music stereos. Some included a radio. Parents of 80s kids had probably never ripped through so much money for batteries before the Walkman.

These black and silver Sony Walkmans are the WM-R2, WM-7, WM-5, and WM-F2. Sony had celebrities endorsing and using Walkmans. Being “wired” was all-important. At that time, being wired was a status symbol. People took their Walkmans with them just as people now carry their cell phones or MP3 players.

As other companies marketed their version of the Walkman wannabes, Sony began producing their Walkman models as smaller units. Pictured above are the Sony Walkman WM-10, WM-20, WM-F20, WM-F10, and WM-F5. This was considered small, since it was about the size of a cassette tape.

These Walkmans include Sony’s WM-R15, SRF-33W, WM-10II still boxed, WM-10II, and the WM-10RV. The generation gap widened as more and more people latched onto the MTV culture, “Video Killed the Radio Star,” and the Walkman, recording their own mixed tapes and sharing them with friends. At one point, it was considered supremely cool to wear your headphones while banging your head to Autograph’s “Turn Up The Radio.”

Sony WM-F15, WM-DDI, WM-W800, and WM-F70 with box were produced during the height of cassettes. When the cassette tape would pull out, people used pencils or their fingers to quickly twirl the tape back into the safety of the shell. Carrying around extra music and cassettes was like toting small luggage.

Yet more Walkman models such as Sony SRF-A1, WM-16, and the WM-F8. They may seem big and bulky now, but the Walkman revolutionized the way people could listen to music. It made personalized music choices possible and portable.

Sources

Did you have any idea the Walkman was this wildly popular? It also produced these models: Sony SRF-19W, DD-100 (“Boodo Khan”), WM-D3, WM-F100, and WM-F100III. This obsolete device was once a cultural icon.

Vintage Sony Walkman Ad

Source

Can you imagine this was considered super small? Not only small, but the “World’s Smallest.” The 80s hairstyle and clothes were rocking for that time too.

Dual Listening

Source

The Walkman UK version had a twin headphone jack for dual listening. There was also a ‘Hotline’ button which would partially override the sound from the cassette to make it easier to hear each other. Sadly, these features were not continued for the next Walkman version.

Sony’s Forward Thinking

Source,Source

The Walkman Double, on the left, featured twin tape decks supporting both playback and recording. It was the only model that featured twin tape decks and the ability to copy a cassette without the use of external equipment. Sony showed off their forward thinking with a Solar Walkman in 1987. The Solar version is rare and costly if you find one posted on an online auction.

These vintage Sony Walkman ads were for a few of Sony’s offerings. From 1979 until 1999, Sony would celebrate the Walkman’s July 1st birthday by releasing an anniversary model. Each anniversary model carried a different theme yet retained some characteristics of the previous anniversary models. In 2004, Sony released a hard disk based NW-HD1 to signify the death of the compact cassette tape.

RIAA’s Grandfather

Source

Ah, the grandfather of the RIAA perhaps? This ad proclaimed that home taping was killing music. As you might imagine, the British Phonographic Industry’s (BPI) 1980s slogan for its anti-copyright campaign quickly became a parody. The Walkman, home taping, and cassette culture ruled the 1980s.

Bonus:iPhone Testing

Fortune Win

epic fail photos - Fortune Win

Picture by: dunno source Submitted by: dunno source via Fail Uploader

Languages - Peaches Geldof - China - Democratic - CURL

BrinKadeiraS

(``-_-) BrinKadeiraS

////////////////////////////// /////////////
WARNING: You Are Being Monitored [PIC]

[link]

A sign found by Flickr user Justin DM while walking around the Electric

You are subscribed to email updates from (``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google

(``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS

não lida,
3 de jul. de 2010, 17:04:3903/07/2010
para brinka...@googlegroups.com

Aspect Ratio Police

Encontrei novos amigos!

Lembram-se de quando partilhei convosco o desespero que passo sempre que vejo filmes "trucidados" na TV em vez de os ver no seu formato original?

Pois bem, este site Aspect Ratio Police dedica-se a isso mesmo.

É bom ver que não estou sozinho nesta luta inglória!

Google Apps Accounts Will Also Be Personal Google Accounts

Lifehacker found an article from Google's help center that explains how Google Apps users will be able to access services that require a Google account.

Google will automatically create regular Google accounts for Google Apps addresses like my....@mydomain.com, so you can use the same credentials to log in to Google Apps services (Gmail, Calendar, Docs) and Google Accounts services (Google Reader, Blogger, Picasa Web Albums).

What happens if a Google Apps user already has a Google account for the same email address? "For example, your Google Apps email address is em...@my-domain.com. A while back, you may have signed up for Blogger with this email address, which created a Google Account. Since we've moved your Google Apps account to a Google Account infrastructure to allow access to all Google products, your other Google Account will be renamed to: email+p...@my-domain.com. You should add the +personal extension to your email address if you'd like to sign in to your old account."

Google's explanation is confusing and it's not clear why the existing Google accounts won't be migrated. Users will end up with two Google accounts for the same email address and won't be able to merge the accounts.

For now, the integration between Google Apps accounts and Google accounts is only available if you are a Trusted Tester, but Google promised that it will be publicly available in the coming months. "We intend to have all Standard, Premier and Education Edition customers moved to the new infrastructure that enables this change in the fall, and customers who would like more control over the timing of this change will be able to make the switch voluntarily during the summer."

{ Thanks, Kevin. }

Provavelmente, a tecnologia / feature mais INUTIL do mundo!

Sabem aqueles aparelhos onde assinamos quando vamos a pagar a credito?

Qual e o POINT desta porcaria?!
Aquilo tem algum valor legal?! A assinatura nao tem qualquer definicao (se tentarmos fazer uma assinatura verdadeira)...

Acabo SEMPRE por apenas fazer um risco artistico so para passar a frente aquela opcao...

Make a Windows that doesn’t crash?

political pictures - Make a Windows that doesn't crash?

Make a Windows that doesn’t crash? Man, THAT’S a good one!

(Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer)

Caption by: chewbacca651

» Recaption This!

» View All Captions

Internet: um crescimento impressionante

Em menos de 15 anos, a Internet passou de 16 milhões para 1.800 milhões de utilizadores… e, no entanto, ainda é um recurso acessível apenas para uma minoria (26,6% da população mundial). Só nos últimos dez anos, juntaram-se ao bolo dos utilizadores à roda de mil milhões:

(Fonte: Internet World Stats)

BrinKadeiraS

(``-_-) BrinKadeiraS

////////////////////////////// /////////////

Surprise: Apple Allows Google AdMob Ads for iPhone 4, iPad

(``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS

não lida,
4 de jul. de 2010, 17:03:1104/07/2010
para BrinKa...@googlegroups.com

BrinKadeiraS

(``-_-) BrinKadeiraS

////////////////////////////// /////////////
Acid Picdump (141 pics)

[link]

////////////////////////////// /////////////

SSD PCIe RevoDrive

Lembram-se de vos ter falado destes RevoDrive da OCZ? Discos SSD que dispensam o "lento" barramento Sata e ficam ligados directamente ao barramento PCIe?

Pois bem... que já teve oportunidade de os testar diz que... é o futuro!

Com velocidades que na maior parte das vezes superam um sistema em raid de dois discos SSD, estes "discos" numa placa PCIe (e a custos aceitáveis, comparativamente) tornar-se-ão o futuro. Quem é que não gosta de não ter que esperar 1 segundo que seja, para gravar 200MB de dados no "disco"?

Só espero que esse futuro não demore muito a chegar, e que traga ainda maiores velocidades. :)

Análise ao HTC Desire (Android com Sense)

Demorou, mas finalmente - e graças ao nosso fundo para gadgets - tive a oportunidade de testar um Android de forma mais intensiva, e logo com um dos smartphones mais desejados da actualidade: o HTC Desire, que em breve irá parar às mãos da Lara. :)

As primeiras impressões

Sabendo-se que este HTC Desire veio subsituir o anterior HTC Legend e é em tudo bastante semelhante ao Nexus One do Google, não seria de esperar nada que não o "melhor" que há de momento.
  • Ecrã 3.7" 480×800 AMOLED touchscreen multitouch
  • Camera 5 Megapixel autofocus with LED flash
  • Android 2.1 com HTC Sense interface
  • CPU Qualcomm QSD 8250 (Snapdragon) a 1 GHz + GPU AMD Z430
  • 512 MB Flash, 576 MB RAM
  • Suporte até 32 GB microSD
  • Bateria Li-ion 1400 mAh
  • Tamanho 119×60×11.9mm
  • Peso 135g
  • Outros: Sensor de proximidade, acelerómetros, Rádio FM, Facebook, Twitter, MS Exchange, bússula, GPS, navegação Google Maps
Diferenças relativamente ao Nexus One:
  • trackpad óptica em vez de trackball
  • botões físicos em vez de touch
  • Rádio FM
  • Sem cancelamento de ruído via segundo microfone
  • Sem conector para dock
  • 576 MB de RAM em vez dos 512 MB
  • HTC Sense user interface
  • Adobe Flash Lite 4

Fisicamente o HTC Desire tem muito bom acabamento e um toque bastante agradável. Tem também uma construção bastante sólida que nos permite utilizá-lo sem receio de que se desfaça a qualquer momento.

A qualidade sonora do speaker não é nada de extraordinário (especialmente com o volume elevado), mas é bastante satisfatória quando se utiliza os headphones (com ficha standard de 3.5mm).

Como ponto positivo, a existência da porta microUSB standard, pela qual se faz o carregamento do aparelho assim como a ligação a um computador. (É bom não estar preso a fichas proprietárias ou "esquisitas".) E também a existência do trackpad óptico em vez de um trackball com "bolinha".
(Sim, aquele botão central com um furo é um trackpad, que serve para comandar o cursor, e que também permite clicar.)

Como ponto negativo, a ausência da versão 2.2 do Android, que ofereceria certamente mais funcionalidades e um desempenho ainda mais rápido - que está agendada para breve, mas que não chegou a tempo desta análise (embora fosse possível instalá-la, recorrendo a hacks, etc. - mas que saíam do propósito de testar o aparelho tal como um "comprador normal".)

O Ecrã

Quanto ao ecrã, obviamente que sendo um AMOLED de 800x480, o HTC Desire está no topo do que existe actualmente, sendo apenas ultrapassado pelos mais recentes SuperAMOLED (como o presente na Samsung Galaxy S) e pelo retina display do novíssimo iPhone 4.

É uma questão de preferência, mas comparativamente aos LCDs, noto apenas o ligeiro rendilhado causado pelo padrão PenTile - que faz com que, mesmo sem linhas rectas, se note um certo "padrão cruzado", visível na seguinte imagem (embora neste caso seja um comparativo do SuperAmoled vs o iPhone 4.)

Como disse, é apenas um efeito subtil, e que em nada afecta a sua utilização - sendo mais uma questão de "habituação" (ou que até poderá passar despercebido.)

O Android "Sense"

Este HTC vem equipado com o HTC Sense, que modifica o interface do Android padrão. Uma vez que esta foi a minha experiência a sério com um Android, não sei quais das funcionalidades foram melhoradas (ou pioradas) em relação ao Android "de série" - de qualquer forma, vou analisar este equipamento na perspectiva de um utilizador que o está a ver pela primeira vez (e tentando abstrair-me ao máximo dos hábitos do iPhone.)

A navegação pelos vários ecrãs é rápida mas não tão fluida como seria de esperar num equipamento de 1Ghz. Parece-me que o culpado deverá ser o interface HTC Sense, já que comparativamente a um Android "de base" como do Nexus One, este me parece sofrer menos deste sintoma. (E neste aspecto, parece-me que a actualização para o Android 2.2 trará melhorias significativas - é uma questão de tempo.)
Relembro que não é "ser lento" - mas sim notarem-se alguns pequenos "saltinhos" nos scrolls, etc. Enfim... esquisitices minhas... :)

O funcionamento do Android

O funcionamento do Android, para além do touchscreen, requer o uso de várias teclas:
Temos uma tecla "Home" nos faz regressar ao ecrã principal (a casa), uma tecla de menu cuja funcionalidade varia de acordo com a app que estivermos a executar, uma tecla de regressar a onde estávamos anteriormente (back), e - ou não fosse o Android uma criação do Google - uma tecla de pesquisa rápida onde podemos pesquisar contactos, apps, conteúdos locais, ou informações na web.

Se pressionarem na tecla Home durante alguns segundos, surge um popup com as últimas Apps a que acederam, podendo rapidamente alternarem entre elas.

Temos ainda o trackpad óptico, que serve também como botão para "clicar".

No caso deste HTC Desire, foi necessário instalar o MoreLocale 2, uma pequena App que podem encontrar no Android Market (a loja de Apps do Android) e que permite definir o Português como língua do sistema, com a maioria das Apps e todo o sistema (incluindo o teclado e dicionário) a funcionarem em Português de Portugal imediatamente e sem qualquer chatice.

Foi também agradável ser apresentado com a opção inicial de utilizar apenas os dados quando numa rede WiFi - o que permite que, quem não tenha um plano de dados 3G, não receba uma conta surpresa ao fim do mês. (Aliás, foi esta a opção que escolhi, já que o cartão Optimus com que experimentei este Desire não tem plano de dados associado.)
Esta opção pode igualmente ser ligada/desligada nos quadros das configurações.

Parte do processo inicial de configuração do Android passa igualmente pelo login ou criação de uma conta do Google. O telemóvel fica imediatamente sincronizado com todos os vossos contactos, calendário, etc. Definitivamente um "descanso" que evita sincronizações manuais ou que necessitem de outros programas.

Como ponto negativo, a existência de Apps de email diferentes, uma para o Gmail e outra para outras contas de email.

Teclado virtual

O teclado virtual existente neste HTC Sense tem um aspecto demasiado "cheio", e embora com alguma habituação vá melhorando a sua eficácia, mesmo ao fim de vários dias continuo a dar erros frequentes - aspecto minimizado pela existência do corrector ortográfico, que permite rapidamente corrigir as palavras (e aprender novas.)
Também estranho é que somos obrigados a usar o trackpad para movimentarmos o cursor (podemos aproximar-nos do local tocando no texto no ecrã, mas sem grande precisão). Um processo que obriga a andar a saltitar entre ecrã, teclado, trackpad e que irá requerer mais de uma semana de habituação.

(Em alternativa, relembro que existem inúmeros teclados virtuais disponíveis para instalação no Android - pelo que não são obrigados a permanecerem com este.)

As notificações no Android

Uma das coisas igualmente bem pensadas no Android são as notificações. Sempre que algo necessita da vossa atenção, verão um ou mais icons na barra superior do lado esquerdo. Podem puxar essa barra para baixo, abrindo a área de notificações (dica: não tentem pegar "na barra" em si, mas simplesmente façam um gesto descente partindo um pouco acima do ecrã.)

Nessa área podem ver todas as notificações: novos emails, mensagens, menções do twitter, downloads ou uploads em progresso ou concluídos, actualizações, etc.

(Há também um pequeno led que pisca, para vos alertar destas notificações quando o ecrã está apagado.)

O Telefone

Verdade seja dita que neste tipo de aparelhos, na maior parte das vezes é a funcionalidade menos utilizada. E que dizer sobre isto? Funciona...
Pressionando no botão de baixar o volume e levando-o ao mínimo podemos optar entre dois modos: silêncio ou vibração.

Podemos também criar atalhos para contactos (ou para qualquer outra App, ou criar pastas, ou até rotas para um destino) em qualquer um dos ecrãs disponiveis (desde que haja espaço livre, obviamente.)

A Internet

A verdadeira razão de ser destes equipamentos é a internet - e as Apps. Com um Desire no bolso temos a internet na ponta dos dedos, e tudo o que tradicionalmente obrigaria a ter um PC à frente passa agora a poder ser feito a qualquer hora, a partir de qualquer local.

Praticamente todos os serviços do Google estão disponíveis: como o Gmail, calendário, Mapas (incluindo a funcionalidade de navegação, que em muitos casos dispensará a necessidade de um programa de navegação "pago") etc.

Para além do Google, toda a internet está igualmente ao alcance, e no caso deste HTC, vem incluído uma versão do Flash Lite... já sem grande interesse uma vez que com a actualização para o 2.2 que se aproxima poderão ter a versão completa do Flash 10.1.

O browser no entanto têm uma particularidade com que não engraço nada e que podem ver no vídeo que coloquei mais abaixo - ao fazer-se zoom in/out (felizmente suporta os gestos multitouch para isso)... reformata o texto da página para que caiba na área do ecrã... mas que tem resultados bastante estranhos quando arrastam a página para o lado, etc.
Definitivamente deveriam deixar o texto permanecer com a formatação que era devida, e mudar apenas o nível de zoom.

Há coisas que poderiam/deveriam ser melhoradas neste HTC Desire. Por exemplo, o calendário oferece poucas opções de visualização: ou mensal, ou em lista. Há botões no ecrã que por vezes parecem não reagir, obrigando a múltiplos toques, como se a precisão do touchscreen por vezes estivesse "um pouco ao lado."
E a velocidade, que também parece estar a ser um pouco restringida por este HTC Sense... mas que igualmente poderá estar melhorada com o update para o 2.2.

A Câmara

A câmara de 5 megapixeis permite tirar fotos e gravar vídeo (com um update prometido para que grave em HD 720p) e rapidamente os partilhar via email, YouTube, ou vários outros serviços.

[Foto tirada com o HTC Desire - Cliquem nela para a ver em tamanho real]

[Vídeo do HTC Desire enviado directamente para o YouTube]

No entanto, por boa qualidade que tenha, sofre também de um problema que se pode tornar bastante chato:
é que, o próprio acto de pressionar no botão do trackpad para tirar uma foto faz invariavelmente com que esta fique tremida devido à "força" que se tem que fazer - coisa que se torna ainda mais notória em situações de fraca luminosidade.

É bem mais provável que tirem fotografias como as duas de cima... do que a de baixo, a única que saiu "em condições tentando múltiplas vezes.
A única forma de evitar isto é seleccionar o atraso de 2s, para que a foto seja tirada após o carregar do botão... mas torna-se um pouco "chato" se quisermos tirar várias fotos rapidamente.

Refira-se no entanto que a câmara oferece várias opções para ajuste das fotos, constraste, brilho, saturação - e até efeitos especiais (negativo, sépia, tons de cinzentos, posterizar, etc.)

Autonomia

A autonomia foi algo que me surpreendeu. Na maior parte das vezes, chegava ao fim do dia ainda com 60-70% de bateria - mas relembro que não tinha os dados por rede 3G activados, apenas por WiFi.

Melhor que palavras., fiquem com um vídeo e mais imagens deste HTC Desire:

Conclusão

Este HTC Desire é sem dúvida em excelente equipamento que fará as delícias dos seus utilizadores. O tempo que tive para o explorar permitiu aflorar apenas uma pequena percentagem de todas as suas potencialidades - com um Android Market cheio de milhares de Apps que o tornam ainda mais atractivo.

Há alguns pequenos detalhes que "falham", mas que poderão facilmente ser corrigidos substituindo os componentes em questão (como o teclado virtual) por outros mais ao vosso gosto - ou então que serão corrigidos em breve com o Android 2.2 Froyo (já disponível para o Nexus One); que por muito que eu gostasse de experimentar neste Desire parece ainda estar a alguns meses de distância. Terá que ficar para outra oportunidade. Não tenho dúvidas que atá lá a Lara se encarregará de lhe dar bom uso! :)

HTC Desire

Prós:

  • Qualidade de construção
  • Ecrã
  • Autonomia
  • A rápida evolução do sistema Android com updates frequentes

Contras:

  • HTC Sense (que "desvirtua" de certo modo o Android)
  • Interface a melhorar (por vezes deixa o utilizador "sem saber o que fazer")
  • Zoom no browser

Não esquecer que isto se trata de uma pontuação "individual"... veremos que tal ele se comporta quando for colocado lado-a-lado com a concorrência... num artigo a publicar brevemente. :)

(``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS

não lida,
5 de jul. de 2010, 17:04:4105/07/2010
para BrinKa...@googlegroups.com

[link]

(``-_-) BrinKadeiraS

////////////////////////////// /////////////

Encontro ETF Porto - Android

Para os mais esquecidos, recordo que é já amanhã que se realiza no Hacklaviva o primeiro ETF (Encontros de Terça-Feira), desta feita dedicado ao tema de Android.

Se és proprietário de um destes equipamentos, desenvolves para a plataforma mobile Android, ou simplesmente tens curiosidade em saber do que se trata e conversar com mais pessoas que têm um forte interesse pelo tema, aparece.

Data: 6 de Julho, das 18:30 às 20:30

O encontro é gratuito, mas os organizadores agradecem que te inscrevas para facilitar a gestão do evento.

Notícias do Dia

Trocas de nomes, Google dá-nos música no fim do ano, contas do iTunes a dar despesa, (falta de) segurança nos USB e muito mais.

Kohjinsha passa a Onkyo

Fartos de tentarem escrever Kohjinsha sem errarem uma letra? Não se preocupem... a marca vai passar a ser comercializada sob o nome Onkyo, bem mais fácil de escrever e pronunciar.

Google mais Musical no fim do ano?

Parece que a aquisição da Lala pelo Google irá mostrar os seus frutos por altura do lançamento do Android 3.0, que se espera ver implementado ainda este ano.

Não admira que a Apple anda tão apressada a adaptar o seu iTunes para a "cloud", com streaming de música etc...

No entanto, todos sabemos que a nível de velocidade, a plataforma Android do Google não dá hipóteses; nem que seja em "beta".

Contas do iTunes hackadas?

Vai uma grande balbúrdia na App Store e no iTunes, com alguns clientes a dizerem que as suas contas foram utilizadas para fazer compras que não efectuaram. Ainda está por determinar se isto se deveu efectivamente a um ataque de hacking generalizado, ou se simplesmente se tratam de clientes que tinham passwords "básicas", ou até talvez vítimas de ataques de phishing.

No entanto... não custa nada verificarem as vossas compras, para ver se tudo bate certo.
(A importância de manter boas-regras de segurança, e de utilizar passwords seguras começa a fazer-se sentir cada vez mais; como já disse por várias vezes.)

... e por falar em segurança...

Cuidado com os USBs que ligam ao PC

Pode não parecer algo perigoso, mas qualquer dispositivo USB é um potencial risco de segurança, como foi demonstrado por uns investigadores. Graças ao sistema plug-n-play que visa facilitar a vida do utilizador, a maioria dos computadores e sistemas operativos actuais confia "implicitamente" nos dispositivos que lhe são ligados localmente; fazendo com que qualquer inocente "gadget USB" tenha acesso a dados sensíveis - como tudo aquilo que escreverem no teclado, e potencialmente transmiti-los para o atacante.

Nokia também perde Telemóveis

Demonstrando que ninguém está livre... Também a Nokia parece ter perdido um protótipo, e também ela possui as ferramentas que permitiram que o aparelho fosse bloqueado remotamente.

Frash no iPad

Se não vai a bem, vai a mal... E há quem não desista de querer ver Flash a correr no dispositivo da Apple.
Com um pouco de hacking e "transplantes", alguém se deu ao trabalho de colocar o Flash do Android a funcionar num iPad.

XULRunner in large projects, part 3: Bugs, bugs, and more bugs

I already mentioned platform bugs in the previous article but this discussion is worth expanding. Fact is, with the XULRunner code base being rather huge you are bound to find bugs and inconsistencies if you only dig a little deeper. Most of them will be minor though some occasionally turn out mission critical.

Why report bugs?

Most bugs are will be easy to work around, like using collapsed instead of hidden or running an action asynchronously via setTimeout or something similarly trivial. But even if you found such a workaround and are going to use it — I recommend that you search existing bug reports and file a new bug if necessary. Why it is worth your time:

  • The sad truth is, filing good bugs requires some skill. If you skip on the easy bugs you will have to learn things when you get a bug that you cannot skip — but that’s usually the bug where you would like to see results soon rather than waste time on trivial mistakes.
  • Workarounds make code really ugly, I doubt that you want to keep them forever. However, if you don’t file a bug it could be that nobody else will either — and the issue won’t be fixed.
  • Even if the issue will be fixed, there is no way for you to know. Eventually somebody (probably even you) will come and wonder why things were implemented in such a strange way. But without a bug number it is very hard to decide when the workaround can be removed.
  • Gathering the information for a good bug report allows you to understand the issue better. Very often it allows finding a simpler workaround, sometimes it even makes filing the bug unnecessary by uncovering the logic flaw in the application which was mistaken for a platform bug.
  • You are simply doing A Good Thing ™ by improving the platform and making sure other people don’t have to deal with the same bugs.

How to report?

I don’t want to go into basics of bug reporting here, it should be clear to anybody reading this article that allowing Mozilla developers to reproduce your issue is essential. So you should leave detailed steps to reproduce and all the relevant information of your configuration (especially: operating system, branch, build number – the kind of information that is listed in the Firefox User Agent string). Ideally you should do that with your first post, any kind of back-and-forth to gather relevant information easily delays progress on bugs by months.

But that’s not enough. More than a hundred bugs are filed in Bugzilla daily, Mozilla developers are too few to process all of them — and need to prioritize. The bugs that are more likely to get attention are usually the ones that are clearly described and easy to reproduce. This means in particular that a bug starting with the words “To reproduce install FooBar 1.2, create a new user account, change preference foo.bar” is rather unlikely to be looked at — even if some developer decides to install your application and go through all the steps he will simply get lost in tons of unfamiliar code. You should try to provide a minimal test case, ideally a simple HTML page or XUL document that can be attached to the bug report and opened from there directly. If your test case requires chrome privileges you can package it up as a tiny Firefox extension. Yes, test cases take time to produce but this is usually time well-spent as I explained above.

You get bonus points for showing how the bug affects Firefox or popular Firefox extensions rather than only your application. And there will be even more bonus points if you can attach a patch (use hg export to create patches because only these patches can be easily applied to the Mercurial repository). If you do, don’t forget to request review, otherwise nobody will notice. The review process can be lengthy and frustrating but once you got though all the hurdles it is only a tiny step and the bug is fixed.

The bug is fixed. Now what?

Of course it won’t help you immediately when the bug is fixed. Patches will mostly be applied to trunk only, XULRunner-based application usually live on stable branches however. You will have to wait for the next major XULRunner release before you can use the fix. At this point you have two options: either keep using a workaround or apply the patch to the XULRunner copy distributed with your application. In my experience, the former is always preferable if somehow applicable.

The problem with local patches (and especially ones that didn’t go into a XULRunner release) is that they make the already complicated process of updating to a newer XULRunner version significantly more time intensive. So far, the range in my experience was five patches (TomTom HOME, strict policy to keep only the absolutely necessary XULRunner patches) to something like eighty patches (Songbird). Updating the latter to a new XULRunner version was significantly harder, even the process of deciding which patches need to be kept took a week.

A outra face da moeda

No passado dia 26 de Junho, o programa Falar Global da SIC Noticias focou-se no tema da “Pirataria Informática”, onde se esperaria uma abordagem jornalística mais abrangente que debatesse todos os pontos de vista sobre este vasto tema. A realidade seria um pouco diferente.

No inicio do programa o apresentador começa imediatamente a divulgar as supostas perdas da “pirataria”, na ordem de 174 milhões de euros segundo a Associação Portuguesa de Software (ASSOFT), indicando que se iria “dar rosto às vítimas da pirataria” na peça seguinte.

A peça começa com uma propaganda americana indicando que a realização de “downloads ilegais” resulta na escassez de dinheiro para pagar os empregos de muitas pessoas, em primeiro plano os empregos dos que participam na criação de filmes. É realmente muito nobre e comovente, mas esquecem-se de explicar como se realiza a substituição da experiência de ida ao cinema com o download. As muitas lotações esgotadas e os orçamentos cada vez maiores na realização de filmes parecem contradizer estas afirmações, mesmo em altura de crise onde surgem filmes que batem recordes de audiência e arrecadam lucros enormes somente em salas de cinema.

Analisando os dados das perdas da industria nacional, onde se afirma que esta foi lesada em 174 milhões de euros com a afamada “pirataria informática”, indicando que 54% do software existente em Portugal é “pirata”, em que é que se baseiam para tal afirmação? Qual é a amostra? 10 pessoas, 100 pessoas, 10 milhões de pessoas? Quem é que no seu perfeito juízo iria indicar que usa software pirata descaradamente? Hoje em dia a maior parte do software comercial existente possui uma concorrência directa constituída por produtos idênticos de distribuição livre e/ou gratuita. Como se pode afirmar tão acertadamente que X euros são perdidos devido à razão Y, quando os produtos não são escoados na sua totalidade? Tal é a dificuldade para realizar o cálculo que nem as associações de software se entendem. Por exemplo, a Business Software Alliance aponta o valor da “pirataria” em Portugal em 40%, ou seja 14 pontos percentuais abaixo do valor reclamado pela sua congénere Portuguesa.

Os mesmos dados referem que desses supostos 174 milhões de euros cerca de 35 milhões são hipotéticas perdas do estado em impostos não cobrados. Trata-se de um estado que não tem pudor nenhum em gastar em concreto cerca de 130 milhões de euros a mais nos programas do E-escolas e E-escolinhas só nos pacotes do Windows e do MS Office em vez de se concentrar nas alternativas de software aberto e livre. Se o objectivo é educar as pessoas para não se usar software pirata então o melhor seria começar a educá-las nas alternativas existentes quando os seus orçamentos não lhes permitem ter as opções comerciais?

Como já foi referido, a falência dos clubes de vídeo não é exclusiva dos afamados “downloads ilegais”, o problema remonta a um modelo de negócio dos anos 80/90 que actualmente tem vindo a deixar de fazer sentido por se encontrar “estagnado no tempo”.
No entanto a culpa é apontada na sua íntegra aos downloads e à Internet por variadas associações que infrutuosamente se preocupam em defender lobbies e monopólios com a sua pele de cordeiro ao invés de apostarem e divulgarem novos modelos de negócio que beneficiem realmente tanto estas entidades, o Estado e os consumidores, respeitando os direitos de cada cidadão.

Vem também ao ar a discussão da ilegalidade do upload ou download contando com uma curta intervenção do nosso representante que muito sucintamente explica que o famoso “download ilegal” não existe, ficando a ilegalidade em quem disponibilizou o conteúdo publicamente sem ter permissão ou licença para tal.
Quem está a usufruir de um serviço disponibilizado, não tem como saber se quem o disponibiliza está autorizado a fazê-lo ou não e nunca pode ser responsabilizado por isso. Por exemplo, num serviço de partilha de multimédia tão conhecido como o Youtube há versões oficiais e não autorizadas de videoclips e o utilizador não pode ser responsabilizado se ao fazer uma pesquisa acabar por escolher ver a versão ilegal do mesmo vídeo. A ilegalidade, ou não, estará sempre do lado de quem disponibiliza e nunca do lado de quem usufrui.

Quem são os verdadeiros lesados (pelos downloads supostamente ilegais)?
Os verdadeiros lesados são os grandes intermediários, as editoras e associações que vivem à custa de um modelo de negócio obsoleto de exploração comercial dos artistas e que, por isso mesmo, se organizam em lobbies que atacam ferozmente qualquer tipo de partilha cultural. A recusa irracional em aderir aos novos paradigmas tecnológicos permitiu o crescimento não só da partilha sem fins comerciais, mas também de modelos de negócio comerciais alternativos ao monopólio destas associações de intermediários obsoletos. As editoras musicais perderam mercado para plataformas como o iTunes, os videoclubes tradicionais perderam mercado para as plataformas de IPTV com video-on-demand, as editoras de software comercial estão a perder o mercado para o software livre. São estes alguns dos verdadeiros concorrentes dos modelos de negócio obsoletos, e completamente legais.

O ideal seria perguntar quem são os verdadeiros lesados pelos modelos obsoletos que condenam inúmeras obras culturais, que perderam o seu potencial lucrativo, aos arquivos onde são vetadas ao esquecimento e deterioração irreversível. A resposta é simples, todos nós e a Cultura em si.

Finda a peça jornalística, inicia-se uma entrevista excessivamente densa com Manuel Cerqueira, presidente da ASSOFT, afirmando, perto do início, que o download põe em risco o seu computador, como se a propagação de vírus e outros tipos de software malicioso não pudesse ocorrer por email, pelas redes sociais ou outros sítios insuspeitos. A solução para esta situação é simples, e aconselhada para qualquer pessoa que consulta o seu email ou faz qualquer outra actividade banal recorrendo à Internet: instalar um software Antivírus no seu computador, e ter cuidado com os dados descarregados da Internet, observando por exemplo o feedback de outras pessoas, semelhante ao que nós todos deveríamos já realizar passivamente contra as publicidades e propagandas divulgadas no dia-a- dia nos mais variados meios de comunicação da actualidade.

Segundo Manuel Cerqueira, existem dois tipos de “Piratas Informáticos”: o “pirata” que usufrui do download para beneficio próprio e o “pirata” que lucra comercialmente, ambos rotulados de forma igual e inseridos no mesmo saco. Os únicos piratas aqui são aqueles que lucram ilegalmente com a comercialização de material sem licença ou direitos para tal, algo que o Partido Pirata Português (PPP) repudia totalmente!

Um pouco mais à frente admite que só se pode apanhar um pirata informático com uma invasão da nossa privacidade. Fala-se nos Fornecedores de Serviços de Internet – os ISPs – mas não se explicita que as soluções para estes impedirem o “download ilegal” passam pela filtragem e monitorização das acções e dados entre os computadores dos clientes e a Internet, ou seja, recorrendo a um esquema que envolve um grande investimento por parte do ISP para invadir ilegalmente (actualmente) a privacidade dos clientes. Passaria a ser mais uma potencial razão para não querer aceder ao seu banco e efectuar transacções online.

Fala-se em sensibilizar e ensinar às crianças que o download prejudica, quando se deveria pensar e actuar para melhorar a qualidade do nosso ensino básico e secundário, ao invés de limitar o acesso à cultura e ao mundo, importantes ao desenvolvimento cognitivo das crianças.
Continua-se cada vez mais a praticar preços exorbitantes no mercado do áudio-visual, estando estes cada vez mais desajustados face ao salário médio português. O acesso à cultura deveria ser mais importante que os lucros que qualquer entidade deseje manter. Tal como a vida, a cultura não deveria ter preço.

Indica-se, posteriormente, que são poucos os condenados por crimes de usurpação de direitos de autor. Mas os poucos são muitos, tantos que já se pretende criar um tribunal propositadamente para este tipo de crimes e descongestionar os restantes tribunais. Por enquanto a maioria aparentam ser crimes em que os autores tentam lucrar com vendas de cópias, portanto condenações bem aplicadas. Quanto ao dizer que estes processos não dão em nada por não serem crimes de sangue, estará a querer indicar-se que estes deveriam ser mais graves que a própria vida humana?

Quanto ao facto indicado de os juízes e procuradores do Ministério Público estarem pouco esclarecidos para esta temática da “Pirataria Informática”, este é irrelevante. Eles devem apenas apurar o grau de culpabilidade aplicando a lei, não devendo ultrapassar as suas competências. Se a lei se encontrar incorrecta ou incompleta, esta deverá ser contestada pelos cidadãos e corrigida pelos órgãos competentes, não cabendo essa tarefa aos juízes.

Diz ainda o entrevistado que a a pirataria de software é mais gravosa que a própria droga… Sinceramente, desde quando a utilização ilegal de software pirata provoca danos irreparáveis nas pessoas? O consumo de droga é um flagelo enorme e afirmações como estas só provam o grau de desespero e desonestidade intelectual a que se recorre ao tentar proteger o verdadeiro interesse de quem as profere, o dinheiro.

Quanto à opinião do convidado sobre o nosso movimento (PPP), é dito a “esses senhores” (nós) que “a ciência para fazer software não se apanha das árvores” e que “obriga a muito estudo, obriga a mentes brilhantes, e obriga a muito investimento”.
Pois bem, os “senhores” deste movimento, sobretudo parte dos membros que constituem o núcleo mais activo do mesmo, trabalham na área de Engenharia Informática, logo não precisam deste tipo de lições sobre a criação de software, mas agradecem o elogio ;) .

Aproveitando também as palavras de membros recém-chegados à nossa comunidade, “mentes brilhantes” não podem ser confundidas com lucros astronómicos de empresas que multiplicam por mil o valor real das coisas!

Hoje em dia, muitas dessas mentes investem horas dos seus tempos livres para projectos de software gratuito partilhando o seu conhecimento científico e aprendendo coisas novas com os seus pares, produzindo ao mesmo tempo alternativas de grande qualidade a quase todos os tipos de software comercial existente. Este espírito, que tudo tem a ver com o PPP, não só ajuda em todos esses aspectos pessoais referidos pelo convidado como ainda incentiva a evolução científica, aumentando sempre a barra a atingir pelo software comercial para se manter viável.

O convidado poderia ter respondido directamente à questão ao invés de se esquivar.

Concluindo, e com uma opinião que pode ser livremente copiada, já estamos fartos de propagandas falaciosas, onde apenas se observa uma das faces da moeda, a face onde variadas associações assentam com peles de cordeiro e supostamente em prol de todos, quando na verdade apenas defendem os maiores e os mais abastados. O que assistimos diariamente é a ataques injustificáveis à livre propagação da cultura e do conhecimento. Estamos cansados de interesses económicos de empresas que se recusam a adaptar-se às realidades do tempo em que vivemos, onde pretendem transformar a grande maioria da população mundial em criminosos. Estamos fartos de ver direitos fundamentais atacados e reduzidos ou anulados para proteger quem não se actualiza. Em nome de interesses comerciais, quer-se invadir a nossa privacidade e sabotar o direito à comunicação. E qual a razão? Porque paranoicamente se assume que eventualmente nessas comunicações privadas poderá vir a existir uma partilha de conteúdos que infrinjam direitos de autor.

PS: Caso ainda não tenha reparado, aproveite para visualizar o nosso manifesto.

Related posts:

  1. Posição do PPP relativamente à Carta enviada pela ACAPOR ao Primeiro Ministro [Abaixo-Assinado]
  2. ACAPOR – 24 horas de downloads ilegais
  3. ACTA – O segredo revelado

Vodafone também já tem Android de marca própria

Breaking Balls Sonata for Vuvuzela

Best IT Support Business Card… EVER!

If you work as an IT support specialist, you may consider having a similar card made for yourself, so that the next time a client calls in for support, you just tell them to look at your card. Brilliant!

Other awesome (and not so awesome) business cards here and here.

Related posts:

  1. The best business card ever invented
  2. Who Needs Business Cards When You’ve Got Card.ly?
  3. You know it: Your business card is crap

Story Of Needles And Thread

Call it the aging process or lack of dexterity, but there will come a time when threading the needle will become a difficult task! That’s the time “Little Helper” will be the real help in getting the job done. No automatics or robotics here, but simply a magnifying glass that fits neatly into the center of the thread spool so that you can magnify the eye of the needle and thread it conveniently.

Visualizer: Roslov Anton

Designers: Chugunnikov Alexey and Alexander Trofimenko

Little Helper - Magnifying Glass For Threading Needles by Chugunnikov Alexey and Alexander Trofimenko

little_helper2

little_helper3

little_helper

Top 10 Most Pirated Movies on BitTorrent

twilight eclipseThis week there are four newcomers in the top 10. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse is the most downloaded movie on BitTorrent this week.

The data for our weekly download chart is collected by TorrentFreak, and is for informational and educational reference only. All the movies in the list are DVDrips unless stated otherwise.

RSS feed for the weekly movie download chart.

Week ending July 4, 2010
Ranking (last week) Movie Rating / Trailer
torrentfreak.com
1 (…) The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (TS) 4.3 / trailer
2 (…) The Karate Kid 5.8 / trailer
3 (…) Cop Out 5.9 / trailer
4 (2) She’s Out of My League 6.7 / trailer
5 (4) Hot Tub Time Machine (R5) 7.2 / trailer
6 (1) Green Zone 7.2 / trailer
7 (…) The Losers 6.6 / trailer
8 (7) The Book of Eli 7.0 / trailer
9 (5) Toy Story 3 (CAM) 9.4 / trailer
10 (6) The A-Team (TS) 7.5 / trailer

Article from: TorrentFreak.

iTunes Accounts Hacked [WARNING]

An unknown number of Apple IDs have apparently been hacked this week, and are being used to buy hundreds of dollars worth of apps in the App Store. It’s not yet clear whether the problem is widespread.

An initial report by blogger Alex Brie highlighted the fact that 40 of the top 50 iPhone apps in the Books category were created by Vietnamese developer “Thuat Nguyen”. A hack of the App Store rankings by a single developer was suspected.

However, Brie later added that numerous Vietnamese book apps were doing suspiciously well in the rankings — Apple responded to the blogger that the issue is being looked into.

Hack Reports on Twitter, App Store Reviews and MacForums

Further reporting revealed more problems: Twitter complaints and a MacRumors forum thread spotted by The Next Web show that a number of iTunes users have had their accounts compromised and used to buy hundreds of dollars of apps. In particular, reviewers of the Vietnamese book apps claim in the app’s reviews section that they never downloaded the apps, and instead had their accounts compromised.

A few complaints from the MacRumors forum:

Yesterday my credit union contacted me saying there was suspicious activity on my debit card. Sure enough over 10 transactions in the $40-$50 area all on iTunes equaling to $558. This is definitely a problem, since then I’ve e-mailed MSNBC hoping they’ll pick up the story and investigate this problem. — srslylia

A small $1.00-$3.00 charge, then random navigation apps totalling around $190.00. Cancelled the card and now working with credit union to get the charges removed.

I will never use my debit card with Itunes again. –tofublock

I also received a receipt via email on my “Purchases” on 7/2/10. I made the mistake of storing my debit card on the itunes store app. I have run into the exact same responses that other users are reporting–only email as a method of contact.

That response was to tell me how to change passwords, etc. – stock answers and to also tell me of no refunds. I was an internet technician for years so the iTunes advise was second nature for me but with little hope for “fixing” the issue since I believe that the breach was on the iTunes server. — beccid63

A Word of Caution

We don’t yet know whether these are isolated cases or part of a wider breach. It could be that blog posts about the Vietnamese book apps have provided an opportunity for others to come forward about unrelated compromises of their accounts. Or it could be that iTunes accounts really are being hacked in much greater numbers this week — in which case, Apple has another PR nightmare on its hands.

For now, we’d suggest iTunes users check their iTunes account for unusual transactions, and report these if found.

Reviews: App Store, Twitter, iTunes

More About: app store, apple, apple id, iphone apps, itunes, trending

For more Apple coverage:

Parking Fail

epic fail photos Parking Fail

This man (seen with two police officers) hit the spot perfectly on the empty parking lot in Bern, Switzerland.

Submitted by: dunno source via Fail Uploader

(``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS

não lida,
6 de jul. de 2010, 17:02:1506/07/2010
para brinka...@googlegroups.com

Parenting Fail

epic fail photos Parenting Fail

Little boy watching a stripper

Submitted by: anonymous via Fail Uploader

75 Super Funny T-shirt Designs

Shared by Madril
LOL! Muito bom!

I while ago I had a 2 part t-shirt series which showcased some funny shirt designs, but this is the best one to date. The artist Glenn Jones, with his amazing talent and great imagination has come up with some of the funniest, shocking and downright awesome t-shirts yet. He has a store where you can buy them www.glennz.com Do yourself a favor and check out these designs, it will only take a minute and light up the rest of your day.

Spundry

Name Suppression

Be Good

Water Polo

Marching – Baby Onesie

Too Many Donuts

Refill Required – Baby Edition

Mac’s Mailbox

Big Meal

Call the Surgeon

Pet Feeder

Lunar Studio

Silencer

Stuck in the Past

Missing

Castaway

Caution! Bananas

Party Trick

Direct Line

Wrong Target

Snake Charmer

UFO

Refill Required

In Disguise

Death by Chocolate

Rocket Science

Pet Store

Airdrop

Race Advantage

Cannibal

Space Defenders

Melting

Trash

Nightmare

Tweet

Escher’s Dogs

Mushroom Soup

Eternal Exercise

Office Chat

Stunt Snail

Crash Test

Fast Funeral

Called for Help

Highest Rank

Pre Computers

Less Formal

Insomniac Innovation

Gotham’s Youth

Slowing Down

Modern Pirates

Not So Famous

Equus Rockus

Puzzled Putter

Before Stardom

Experimental Music

Evolution

Secret Habit

Risky Engineering

Prize Catch

It’s a Bottle Jim!

Endangered Species

Organised Food Fight

Deep Secret

Deflating Defenses

Haunted Housework

Team Photo

After Hours

Split Personality

Extreme Beginnings

Clownfish

Dangerous Games

Prankster

Living Room Legend

Rock Me Amadeus

Go for Launch

Shirts are available for purchase at www.glennz.com

pixelstats trackingpixel

Photo

Shared by Jeremy Visser
Oh, very nice. Very nice indeed.

Apple to iPhone 4 Owners: Learn to Hold your iPhones in a Different Way.

Apparently, after hearing about the iPhone 4 antenna problem, here’s what Steve Jobs told a poor soul who emailed him detailing the problem: “It’s not a big issue.” He also told another one: “Just avoid holding it in that way.”

Not a big issue? Give me a break.

Later, after acknowledging the case, the company told Engadget:

Gripping any mobile phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases.

It’s now official folks, if you get an iPhone 4, you’ll have to get used to holding it in a different way, even though Apple can’t even do it right themselves:

Related posts:

  1. HOW TO: Hold an iPhone 4G
  2. New iPhone 4 Antenna Design Not So Handy
  3. Verizon Distributes Anti-iPhone Propaganda to Employees

100 Great Things About America

Written by Fortune BLOG

It’s time for a breather, America. Fire up the grill, ice down the drinks, and pop open that patio umbrella. Health care, the oil spill, Afghanistan, China, Elena Kagan and financial reform will all be waiting on Tuesday, July 6th. We promise. What won’t be, though, is the chance to lean back and remember why we care enough about our country to spar over these things and in the end, remain united.

“Freedom,” Albert Camus pointed out, “is nothing else but a chance to be better.” For 234 years, America has strived, fought, invented, pushed, pulled and dragged itself towards the better. Fortune was keen to enumerate our progress.

There’s no claim to ranking or exclusivity here, so leave the nitpicking aside for another day, though feel free to add to our list in the comments section. Without further ado, and in almost no particular order, we present the Fortune 100 Great Things About America.

1. The Internet

Oh yes, invented in the USA — maybe Al Gore helped.

2. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights

3. Baseball

America’s pastime…steroids or not

4. Mount Rushmore

Home of the original “your face here” gimmick

5. Food in New Orleans

If you can remember it the next morning

6. Rock and roll

Find a Beatles or Stones song uninfluenced by American music. Just try.

7. Hawaii

Mauna Kea, Kaua’i…you gotta see it to believe it.

8. iPod, iPad, and everything Apple

9. Barbecue

Carolina, Mississippi, K.C., Memphis…it’s all good.

10. Ford Mustang

Who needs a German car? We’ll take the classic.

11. Wikipedia

This article that mentions a popular fact site is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.

12. Buffalo

Because this is a real sentence: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo. Don’t believe us? Check on #11.

13. Slam dunks

Thanks to Doctor J

14. Broadway

If the Lion King ever closes, Cats will come back.

15. Bluebirds

Listen to mine sing

16. Google

Because no one stands up to China better

17. Mark Twain

The original American bad-ass

18. The national anthem

19. Iced drinks

When will the rest of the world figure this out?

20. Beaches

Cape Cod, Kiawah, Zuma — ours are better.

21. Madison Square Garden

A little threadbare but still the biggest stage in America’s biggest city

22. Delivery pizza

23. The Grateful Dead

Long may the followers of Uncle John’s Band live on.

24. YouTube

We keep clicking on home videos even after Charlie bit our finger — again!

25. The Super Bowl

The parties, the ads — oh and a sports game, too

26. Fishing

China rules the commercial catch, but more people fish for fun here than anywhere else.

27. Monopoly

A game we sometimes play in real life, too.

28. The Big Apple Circus

Where joy and, occasionally, fear comes in clown twelve-packs by tiny car

29. M&M’s

Imitators don’t stand a chance

30. Facebook

Friend us? Just kidding… but seriously. Please friend us.

31. Thanksgiving

Loosen your belt and watch the parade

32. Pickup trucks

Our nation’s first outlet for unfunny bumper stickers

33. The Simpsons

May Bart and Lisa never make it to high school.

34. Oprah Winfrey

But after 2011, no more free cars for the audience

35. Frisbees

Not just for dogs

36. Mad Men

Jon Hamm + Christina Hendricks = cooler than the actual ’60s

37. New York/Boston sports rivalry

For our safety, we decline to comment.

38. MRI machine

Perfect for after that Yanks-Sox game

39. Patagonia

The first to make polyester clothes out of old plastic bottles

40. Archie Comics

Betty or Veronica: 68 years and the debate rages on

41. The Golden Gate Bridge

Dirty Harry meets Full House. Uh oh.

42. Jazz

Even before Ken Burns discovered it

43. Fantasy football

44. S’mores

45. Trader Joe’s

If cheap wine were apples, we present the modern Johnny Appleseed. Amen.

46. The 4th of July

47. Harley Davidson

The motorcycle company that has survived both the Great Depression and the Hybrid Obsession

48. March Madness

So crazy it spills into April

49. Scrabble

As Facebook proved, it’s Scrabulous

50. Kegs

Even useful when empty, as moorings

51. Slip ‘N Slide

Simple. Genius.

52. Ice cream

Ben and Jerry’s, Breyers, soft serve… ours freezes the competition

53. Yellowstone National Park

54. Oreos

This choice bribed by the secret dairy farmers’ cartel

55. Edward R. Murrow

A journalist who was cool? Sigh.

56. Restaurant week

The one week a year when snooty waiters have to play nice

57. Washington D.C. monuments at night

Lincoln looks good

58. Bugs Bunny

Every parent’s dream: he’s nice to doctors and he eats his veggies

59. Etch A Sketch

Don’t shake away our faith in this one

60. Coca-cola

Hmmm… what does the “coca” stand for again?

61. Flip flops

Not the John Kerry kind, though both can be found on Nantucket

62. Vegas weddings

63. Napa wine

If anyone orders Merlot, we’re leaving

64. Willie Nelson

Trigger

65. eBay

The only place where you can buy a single cornflake

66. Blueberries

Our favorite fruit that can’t check email

67. The Rockettes

E-leg-trifying!

68. Charles Barkley

Hosting Saturday Night Live and pitching for T-Mobile, Sir Charles is now larger than life

69. Blue jeans

Levi Strauss invented the modern version only to see them become boringly ubiquitous

70. County fairs

We recommend you eat your corndog after swinging that sledgehammer at the High Striker game

71. The Oscars

A celebration of everything good and awful about Hollywood

72. Veterans

Thank you

73. Steakhouses

Thankfully, not rare

74. The Tiffany box

The only package more powerful than its contents

75. Sports mascots

The San Diego Chicken vs. the Phillie Phanatic

76. The Great Lakes

77. Salt water taffy

Delicious even though they contain neither salt nor water

78. Roller coasters

Possibly the only 30-second activity worth a three-hour wait

79. HBO

Even if we’re unsold on the vampire craze

80. The Everglades

Where else would you go to get drunk and wrestle an alligator?

81. Bonnie and Clyde

Do you and your honey bunny rob banks? No? Then sit down.

82. Chewing gum

But please, remember that it’s a silent activity

83. The light bulb

And we just keep inventing better ones!

84. Religious freedom

From Pilgrims to scientologists

85. Bagels

If you’ve never tried one, come to New York and make your first one an H&H

86. Judd Apatow films

87. The Billboard 100

Measuring our music since 1958

88. Chipotle

And the guacamole really is worth the extra $2.25

89. Dalmatians on fire trucks

Black and white and red all over

90. Disney movies

Not yours, Nicholas Cage. The old school, animated ones

91. New Year’s Eve

Every country has one, but they all watch Times Square

92. Elvis Presley

A hound-dog and the King

93. Cowboys

94. Turducken

A true American delicacy: a chicken in a duck in a turkey

95. Netflix

The only movie rental survivor

96. Spring Break

We plead the Fifth

97. Escalators

First used commercially in Yonkers, NY in 1899—who knew?

98. Stand-up comedy

Unless you are singled out

99. Redwood trees

The oldest is 2,200 years old

100. Bendy straws

Invented by a Cleveland entrepreneur—and perhaps Ohio’s most significant contribution, though we tip our hats to the Wright Brothers and its 8 U.S. Presidents

101. Charlie Brown

Sorry, Charlie, maybe next time you’ll crack the top 100

Happy Birthday America!

Bonus: The Declaration of Independence

(July 4, 1776)

Just a quick reminder about why we are celebrating today.

(Click image twice to enlarge.)

Since the image is somewhat difficult to read, here is the most famous (and my favorite) section of our Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Read the full text here.

Happy birthday America. Thank you for my freedom and liberty. May we celebrate your peerless greatness as a nation for many, many, many more happy birthdays in the future. (source)

Password in your bash history?

One problem I run into from time to time (I'm sure others do as well) is accidentally typing in my password into a shell. Suddenly oh crap it's in my bash history. But that doesnt' get flushed to disk until logout right? You sure?

Well, either way I've started putting a ! in my passwords from now on. Bash will see it as an error and not save the history:

# my!password
-bash: !password: event not found

If I go through the history, it won't be there.

BBQ Fail

epic fail photos BBQ Fail

Picture by: dunno source Submitted by: dunno source via Fail Uploader

Makeup Fail

epic fail photos Makeup Fail

Picture by: dunno source Submitted by: dunno source via Fail Uploader

Spectacularly Creative Ads, Issue 13

"QUANTUM SHOT" #640
Link - by A. Abrams

A Veritable Fort Worth of Eye-Candy!

Many talented photographers and artists work with advertisers to create visual masterpieces, specially designed to make you LOOK! READ! AND NOTICE! So it's really rewarding to take another look on the current best and most creative works in this area. Make sure to check out the rest of our extensive collection - Cool Ads Series.

Spectacular wide-format thrills, monsters and disasters

Swiss Skydive Parachute School - more info:

(image via)

"What will it take before we respect the planet?" -

(images via)

Bosch Refrigeration Technology: Fresh Meat from the Stone Age -

War Games (Downtown seen through gamer's eyes):

(image credit: http://kuteev.livejournal.com/)

Psychological terror:

These ones are indeed pretty shocking:

(image via)

Another twist on weird activities: "No Fuel, No War" (if only this was true) -

(images via)

---

Household Surrealism

Every aspect of our everyday life can be transformed into surreal ads, it seems - from waking up in the morning to going to sleep at night:

(images via)

Folgers... For Less Complicated Mornings:

(images via)

(image via)

Sharpest Knives Ever (left), and a Help Bookmark - more info:

(image via)

Uh-uh... "We'll get it there, the rest it up to you" -

(images via)

Freshen up anytime:

There are some ads too gruesome, or too weird to put up here full-screen. Enjoy them clicking here and here. A similar approach: "Bad breath affects those closest to you." -

(images via)

Bad music has a similar effect:

(image via)

Choppers... "Wrong Sound, Wrong Image":

(image via)

Mice in your house? Don’t let them get comfortable:

(images via)

Unexpected Weirdness:

"We know what a pimple can do to you." - Derma Master:

(images via)

More playing with faces - Baby Faces this time, from Schick:

A couple of recent creatives from Thomas Herbrich:

(image credit: Thomas Herbrich)

A miserable predicament, from the creative mind of Koen DeMuynck:

(image credit: Koen DeMuynck)

Other relationships are not much better - see more here:

(image via)

Here is something which may be not quite "safe for work", but pretty hilarious - The Orgy of the Senses, click here.

---

Viral Street and Urban Ads

(images via)

McDonalds coffee lamp post and Coca-Cola Crate Man:

Reverse Gtraffiti Project in San Francisco - more info:

(image via)

Many holes, with many hours to drill:

(image via)

(images via 1, 2)

1st Bank: We Care About Small Business - more info:

(image via)

Suicide Hotline (left) and Security Glass (right):

Homegrown business (something that Calvin and his friend Hobbes would do):

Unusual use of floor space:

Panasonic Lumix «8X Life campaign» (AKQA London):

(images via)

Meadow Fresh «Grass On The Railway Station» (Publicis Mojo New Zealand):

(images via)

King Kong Was Here (Universal Studios):

(image via)

---

Assorted Advertisement Riches

Canon Underwater Camera:

Creative Bar Codes have been covered by Dark Roasted Blend before, but here is another great place to look for me (and perhaps even order some custom ones for your company) - Vanity Bar Codes:

(images via)

"You either love it, or hate it" (Marmite):

Stay Young! t-shirts by Evian (do they make diapers, too?):

Wide-angle lenses... get it?

"What Goes Around, Comes Around" (Global Coalition for Peace):

Another smart ad that tells a story: CNN Cameramen -

(image via)

On the other hand, there are ads which are simply revolting, if not unnecessary: here is "Time to Cut the Cord" (and have your own vegetables?) -

(image via)

Some outdoor ads are downright scary:

(original unknown)

Another stressful day for a dog:

(image via)

And finally, the image that's really impossible to ignore - "See the Unseen" (Spuk Pictures):

(image via)

CONTINUE READING! (COOL ADS, ISSUE 12) ->

CONTINUE TO OTHER "COOL ADS" ISSUES! ->

Permanent Link......+StumbleUpon ...+Facebook

BrinKadeiraS

(``-_-) BrinKadeiraS

////////////////////////////// /////////////
BrinKadeiraS

[link]

(``-_-) BrinKadeiraS

////////////////////////////// /////////////

You are subscribed to email updates from (``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google

(``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS

não lida,
7 de jul. de 2010, 17:02:2007/07/2010
para BrinKa...@googlegroups.com

PPA Purge coming to Ubuntu Tweak; available to test now

O elefante ferido

Leiam mesmo até ao fim, vale mesmo a pena ! É uma autêntica lição de vida!

Em 1986, Peter Davies estava de férias no Kenia depois de se graduar na Northwestern University.

Durante uma caminhada ele cruzou-se com um jovem elefante que estava com uma pata levantada.

O elefante parecia muito stressado, então Peter aproximou-se muito cuidadosamente.

Pôs-se de joelhos, examinou a pata do elefante e encontrou um grande pedaço de madeira enfiado.

O mais cuidadosa e gentilmente possível Peter removeu com a sua faca o pedaço de madeira e o elefante cuidadosamente colocou sua pata no

chão.

O elefante virou-se para encarar o homem com grande curiosidade no seu rosto e encarou-o por tensos e longos momentos.

Peter ficou congelado pensando que seria pisado pelo animal.

Depois de um certo tempo o elefante fez um barulho bem alto com sua tromba, virou-se e foi-se embora.

Peter nunca esqueceu o elefante e tudo o que aconteceu naquele dia.

20 anos depois, Peter estava passando pelo Zoológico de Chicago com o seu filho adolescente.

Quando eles se aproximaram da jaula do elefante, uma das criaturas virou-se e caminhou para um local próximo onde Peter e o seu filho

Cameron estavam.

O grande elefante encarou Peter e levantou a sua pata do chão e baixou-a, ele repetiu varias vezes emitindo sons altos enquanto

encarava o homem.

Relembrando o encontro em 1986 Peter ficou a pensar se aquele era o mesmo elefante.

Peter reuniu toda sua coragem, escalou a grade e entrou na jaula. Foi direito até ao elefante e encarou-o.

O elefante emitiu outro som alto, enrolou a sua tromba na perna de Peter e mandou-o contra a parede matando-o.

Provavelmente não era o mesmo elefante e ele fodeu-se...

Este e-mail é para todos aqueles que mandam aquelas histórias merdosas e cheias de finais felizes, em vez de fotos e filmes com gajas, de

preferência nuas!!!

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=1756#c2">issue 1756</a> (CM6 nightly only reports 386 MB of RAM) Status changed by <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://code.google.com/u/@UhNWRFZWBxNGXwJ5/">psychoi...@gmail.com</a>

I tweeted this shortly after modifying the issue submission form (which you kindly removed) to indicate that one should not report issues on nightly bugs:

http://twitter.com/PsychoI3oy/status/17933621100

Of course I wasn't serious, but the sentiment stands.

Because there's nothing to be done about this, I figured I'd entertain myself anyway and count how many things are wrong with this report.

1: it's a report on a nightly build, which are wholly unsupported and referenced in the form as of 5 hours ago, which leads us to
2: you removed the entire form asking important questions about stuff

but perhaps most importantly

3: it's not a bug. All Android devices have some of their ram devoted to GPU/radio/dsp/etc. The G1 comes with 192mb of ram but only ~96mb is available to the system. The n1 has a better gpu and bigger screen, so it uses ~120MB of ram. Other than early releases for the N1 which didn't let it see past 256MB of ram, ~390mb of ram has always been the total available to the OS on the N1.

In the spirit of fairness, I have put the question to twitter as to how many fails there are in this report, so keep it starred so I can update as needed with others.

Not-So-Smart Card

(Retail | Florida, USA)

Customer: “Where are your film cameras?”

Me: “I’m sorry sir, we don’t carry those anymore, but our digital ones are right over there.”

Customer: “Okay, and where are the film ones?”

Me: “Unfortunately, we stopped carrying film cameras a long time ago.”

Customer: “Is that one film?”

Me: “No, sir. None of the cameras in this store will be film.”

Customer: “But that one is big. See, the film goes right there!”

Me: “That is actually where the batteries go. This camera doesn’t need film because it is a digital camera”

Customer: “So where does the film go?”

Me: “No film, sir. They store the pictures on an SD card.”

Customer: “Why aren’t you listening? All I want is to buy a film camera!”

Me: “I am very sorry sir, but we only carry digital cameras. No film cameras.”

Customer: *looks at a camera* “I think I want that one. What kind of film is best to put in it?”

Me: *giving up* “It is actually pretty interesting, they started putting all the film in this tiny little card to protect it from any sort of light. Only machines can develop the film, because the card is so small, so you can only get prints by putting the card in a computer.”

Customer: “Isn’t that amazing! That is so smart, the things they come up with today!”

Putting IPv6 Addresses into Context

Because IPv6 is so much larger than IPv4, the IETF has been able to structure the address space more neatly. Page 1Consequently, it is easier to distinguish between different address types based on the first few characters in the address, rather than having to refer to registry, as is often the case with IPv4.

Nonetheless, there are a lot of addresses and lots of new things to learn if you are only familiar with an IPv4 environment. But as we implement IPv6 across our networks we will see IPv6 addresses popping up in mail headers, system logs, traceroutes and all sorts of other places where IPv4 used to be used exclusively. Knowing quickly whether an address is part of your own network or someone else’s; whether an address is intended for private use or Internet use; and knowing whether an address is used by a transition mechanism or a native connection will help save lots of time.

Last year, ICANN staff worked with the staff at APNIC and the RIPE NCC to produce a single sheet that identified the key address groups, explained what they were and gave IPv4 examples of IPv4 equivalents where they existed. This year we have updated the sheet and you can grab a copy of the updated reference from here.

This reference will be useful for anyone working on an abuse desk, in a Network Operations Centre or a corporate IT department. Even if you don’t plan to roll out IPv6 on your own network in the next few months, you are likely to see it appearing on other networks. Using our cheat sheet can help bring you up to speed quickly and identify where to look for an address faster than by just consulting the on-line registries.

Page 2We want this reference guide to be as useful and current as possible, so as things change in the future we will produce further updates for you to use.

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Standardized notebook power supplies could be on the way

Targus laptop charger

Taiwanese notebook manufacturers are taking the first steps toward developing a set of standards for notebook power supply units. DigiTimes reports that Acer and Asus, as well as OEMs such as Quanta, Compal, Wistron, Pegatron, and Inventec all support the idea. Between them, these companies are responsible for the production of the vast majority of notebook computers on the market today.

I will be a while before we actually start to see any results, but in the long run this could mean that you’ll be able to use a single power supply with multiple devices. Buy a notebook and you can use the same power brick to charge your tablet PC. Or if your notebook power supply gets lost in the luggage, it will likely be a lot easier to purchase a replacement.

DigiTimes suggests the initiative could also cut down on electronic waste, since you’ll only need a single power supply for multiple devices, but I suspect that people will still end up getting a new one with every computer they buy. And that’s probably OK, since you might actually want to charge your netbook, notebook, and tablet at the same time.

Standardized notebook power supplies could be on the way is a post from: Liliputing

Firefox 4.0 Beta 1

The Web is all about innovation, and Firefox sets the pace with dozens of new features to deliver a faster, more secure and customizable Web browsing experience for all.

Notícias do Dia

Novas séries de monitores LG, mais um Android Tablet anunciado, um serviço de microdonativos, quantas visitas necessitam para terem um site "de top" na Internet, os iPhone 4 e os deputados espanhóis, e mais ainda.

Novos Monitores LG

A LG apresentou novas séries de monitores: os E40, E50 e M80.
Tratando-se de monitores LED, o destaque vai para o M80DF, um monitor que integra um sintonizador de TV Digital MPEG4 e que serve também como televisor - não faltando sequer duas entradas HDMI, uma entrada Scart e VGA.
Possui ainda um sistema de som surround (Surround X) e também um subwoofer! (imaginem só... até vai fazer tremer os píxeis! ;)
Tem também a capacidade de ver conteúdos multimédia directamente do USB (quick view) sem necessidade de ligar o PC.

Tablet Android da LG

Não menos interessante, é o anúncio de que a LG terá um Tablet Android previsto para o fim do ano!
Se for este o caso, espero estar na linha da frente para vos dizer que tal este brinquedo se comporta! :)

Deputados Espanhóis com iPhones 4 para Todos

Há espanhóis com sorte... depois de quatro anos a "sofrerem" com os seus Qtek Windows Mobile, parece que o Governo Espanhol se prepara para renovar a frota, e logo com um iPhone 4 para todos os deputados.

Entretanto, contrariamente ao que se poderia pensar... o mercado dos iPhones 3G usados está em alta, com estes modelos a atingirem valores na casa dos 200€.
Se assim for, ainda considero vender o meu! :P

Europa vai "torcer o braço" ao Steve Jobs?

Parece que sim... É que a Comissão Europeia está a preparar uma lei que poderá ditar o fim das "algemas" que a Apple implementa nos seus produtos, obrigando-os a aceitar a interoperabilidade dos seus equipamentos: fazendo com que, por exemplo, outros programas possam ter acesso às músicas e informações em iPods e iPhones; e até que o iPhone possa ter que aceitar que a Adobe corra Flash no dispositivo.

Sem dúvida um assunto a seguir atentamente!

Flattr e os microdonativos

Com bem devem saber, a logística de uma coisa como o Fundo para gadgets revelou que nenhum dos actuais serviços de pagamentos na internet (como o Paypal) é adequado a transferências de valores reduzidos - como 1€ ou uns meros cêntimos. Mas este Flattr pretende mudar tudo isso.
Basicamente, é um serviço vocacionado para donativos, onde o valor que vocês definirem por mês (digamos, 2€) será distribuido equitativamente pelos sites que vocês quiserem contribuir.

Ou seja, se "flattarem" 4 sites nesse mês, cada um deles irá receber 0,50€... se o fizessem apenas para 1, receberia os 2€.

Falta saber se este Flattr conseguirá implantar-se em grande escala...
(Até lá, estou a considerar colocar ali uma caixa de donativos paypal... mas antes disso tenho que tratar de uma página para poder recolher sugestões e votações para novos gadgets. Já para não falar em angariarmos fundos para uma máquina digital que filme HD para permitir fazer umas reviews mais apresentáveis! :)

Sites mais visitados na Internet

Querem ter um site bem sucedido? No top dos sites mais visitados a nível mundial?
Então é simples... se conseguirem ter 4.1 milhões de visitantes por mês já farão parte do top... 1000!

Para chegarem ao top 10, as coisas são mais complicadas... sendo necessários 230 milhões de visitantes mensais.

Por aqui não nos preocupamos com essas coisas... Todo e qualquer visitante é recebido de igual forma e de braços abertos. A nossa preocupação é: a qualidade acima da quantidade! :)

Informação portátil

Fartos de carregar o vosso iPod com Gigabytes? Então vejam o que seria se tivessem que carregar 5MB convosco com a alta-tecnologia de 1956!

Cloud One

Pure Silk: Now Available In Uncanny Valley

From: marketing
To: production
Subject: Changes round #17:
  • Make head another 25% smaller
  • Make hips more disjointed
  • Left leg still looks plausible please fix
Thanks to Stettin!

(``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS

não lida,
8 de jul. de 2010, 20:19:5108/07/2010
para BrinKa...@googlegroups.com

[link]

(``-_-) BrinKadeiraS

////////////////////////////// /////////////

Tempos modernos (143)

Angel Boligan

#301597

Wut? There were Lolcats in teh 1800s?!

We thought that the earliest lolcat that was ever found was from 1905, but thanks to Cheezburger Frend tessm, we’ve discovered that there were even OLDER lolcats from the 1870s!

During the 1870s, photographer Harry Pointer took pictures of his pet cats sleeping, eating, or just being cats. He then started adding captions to make the picture more entertaining. Pointer ended up making 200 of his own lolcats as part of his “The Brighton Cats” series. The spelling and grammar may be a bit different, but it’s clear that even in the 1800s, cats have still been wanting that elusive cheezburger.

funny pictures of cats with captions

Via Photo History

15 Things You Didn’t Know about Michael Jackson

Although it’s been over a year since his death anniversary, Michael Jackson’s legacy will always be with us. His incredible dance moves, his ability go beyond our expectations in entertainment, he’s always been the foreseer of music. Online MBA Programs sent over a pretty sweet infographic this morning so that we can do our part to keep his fame alive. Here are 15 things you might not have known about the man.

15 Things You Didn't Know about Michael Jackson
Via: Online MBA Programs

A história do Facebook num filme

Hoje em dia, quem não tem uma conta no Facebook? O Facebook é uma das redes sociais, com mais sucesso a nível mundial, criada por Mark Zuckerberg, CEO do Facebook.

A Columbia Pictures, lançou há uns dias o trailer do filme sobre a história da rede social, intitulado de “The Social Network”, em português “A rede social”, filme que retrata o rápido crescimento da rede social e o enriquecimento do seu CEO e também algumas das controvérsias que o Facebook gerou.

Este filme, começará as suas exibições em Outubro deste ano, nos Estados Unidos da América.

Pode ver o trailer no vídeo em baixo!

Geek &amp; Poke Predicts

Geoklo

Adeus HDMI. Olá HDBaseT

Estão sentadinhos? Bem confortáveis? Finalmente compraram um leitor bluray e até uma TV LCD LED 3D para garantirem a continuidade para o futuro?

Pois bem... preparem-se para serem "obrigados" a trocar tudo de novo a partir do próximo ano. É que uma coligação dos principais fabricantes decidiu anunciar a morte do HDMI, e o nascimento de um novo formato: o HDBaseT.

Até podiamos pensar que isto não passasse de uma brincadeira de mau gosto, mas quando vemos quem está por trás desta decisão: Sony, Samsung, LG e outros fabricantes... vemos que é mesmo para levar a sério.

Como novidade, para além dos sinais digitais, que permitirão aos novos dispositivos utilizar este HDBaseT para se ligarem em rede, transferirem dados, áudio e vídeo, a velocidades que poderão chegar aos 20Gb/s no futuro - este cabo irá permitir também transportar até 100W de corrente eléctrica; fazendo com que em muitos casos seja desencessário qualquer outro cabo!

Imagino que a transição não seja "de um dia para o outro", e os dispositivos terão este novo HDBaseT a par de entradas HDMI, tal como as actuais TVs HDMI continuam a ter entradas SCART e outras coisas do século passado; e pelo lado positivo ao menos decidiram utilizar fichas standard RJ45, já bem nossas conhecidas.

Notícias do Dia

Apps estúpidas na App Store, um novo Firefox para os mais corajosos, direitos de autor, internet e jornais, e ainda a AT&T a demonstrar as "excelentes" capacidades da sua rede 3G a rebentar pelas costuras.

App Store - Sempre a facturar

Não há dúvida que a App Store da Apple pode ser uma mina de ouro para uma ínfima percentagem dos developers; mas depois temos também aqueles casos completamente obscenos, tal como uma certa App que por agora lá surgiu, de tirar fotos.
À partida parece tratar-se de uma simples App para iPhone que como tantas outras permite tirar fotos a simular as Lomo; só que - onde outras App permitem adquirir efeitos extra mediante pagamento adicional - esta pretende que vocês comprem um novo rolo a cada 36 fotos que tirem!
Ou seja... voltar aos velhos tempos, de pagar por cada rolo.
É como tudo... só cai quem quer! (E como é óbvio nem vale a pena linkar para esta LOMORA - mantenham-se afastados!)

Firefox 4 beta 1

Para quem gosta de estar sempre "à frente", a versão beta 1 do Firefox 4 já está disponível para quem se quiser aventurar.
Para além de um botão de feedback podem contar com muitas outras novidades, desde suporte alargado do HTML5 aos mais recentes melhoramentos de desempenho, incluíndo aceleração por hardware de gráficos 2D e de vídeo.

(Enquanto isso, já foram descarregados mais de 2 mil milhões de add-ons para o Firefox... um bonito número sem dúvida. :)

Chromium ganha suporte para acelerómetros

A capacidade de detectar a orientação do equipamento via acelerómetros já existia no browser do Android, mas agora o Google vai trazer essa funcionalidade para o seu Chromium.
Com a crescente popularidade de dispositivos móveis como smartphones e tablets, sem dúvida que será uma funcionalidade bem apreciada, permitindo que os sites se possam adaptar à forma como o dispositivo estiver orientado.

Internet supera Jornais
Em Espanha as estatísticas parecem confirmá-lo: na população até aos 45 anos, a taxa de penetração da internet já supera a dos jornais.
Portanto, é mesmo obrigatório que os jornais se adaptem a esta nova realidade se pretendem sobreviver...

Direitos de Autor: Woot vs AP

Bem a propósito das incessantes regras das agências noticiosas, que tanto têm perseguido quem lhes copia as notícias (eu diria divulgar, mas pronto.)
A AP é uma dessas agências, que quer cobrar por tudo e por nada: incluindo citações!... A não ser quando são eles próprios a copiar os outros! O site Woot recentemente adquirido pela Amazon, cuja notícia da AP incluiu citações copiadas do seu blog, não fez por menos e apresentou-lhes uma conta de $17.50 calculada segundo as próprias regras da AP.
Não deixa de ser caricato. :)

Quem já não se preocupa com estas coisa é Prince... que diz que a moda da Internet já passou e que está acabada.

AT&T limita Velocidades de Upload nos iPhones

Ainda no outro dia vos chamei a atenção para que utilizassem o APN correcto no iPhone 4 para disfrutarem das suas superiores velocidades de upload, quando do outro lado do Atlântico a AT&T mostra as limitações da sua rede 3G, limitando os uploads a uns deploráveis 100Kbps.
(Relembro que ainda no outro dia consegui velocidades de upload superiores a 3Mbps com o iPhone 4! :)

Kin outcome not sitting well inside Microsoft

I’m not an expert on Microsoft, but as a designer/developer, I can completely understand what must be going on behind the doors at the company after the Kin was launched (and subsequently killed). Business Insider has a scoop on what the overall feeling within the company looks like.
Imagine working on a project for 3 [...]

Comparativo HTC Desire / iPhone 4

A ideia do Fundo de Gadgets tem dado os seus frutos, e começa finalmente a permitir fazer uns comparativos em primeira mão! Portanto, antes de mais... deixem-me agradecer-vos a todos! :)

Foi um privilégio ter podido experimentar um HTC Desire e um iPhone 4 durante esta última semana, e venho agora relatar-vos o que achei.

Em primeiro lugar tenho que referir que tenho sido um utilizador de iPhones há cerca de 2 anos, e estou bastante satisfeito.
De igual modo, desde o seu início que tenho sido um acérrimo defensor da plataforma Android e tenho assistido à sua rápida evolução com enorme prazer (e se bem se recordam: sempre disse que é apenas uma questão de tempo até que domine o mercado.)

No entanto, por muito que goste de ambas as plataformas, não quero com isso dizer que alguma delas seja perfeita. Nunca escondi que há muitas coisas que não gosto no iPhone, e sempre critiquei esses aspectos (alguns que poderão ser melhorados; outros que basicamente obrigam a um "compromisso".) E quanto ao Android, não tenho nenhum problema em apontar igualmente as coisas que me desagradam.

Portanto, se a qualquer momento acharem que estou a ser injusto para qualquer uma destas plataformas: relembrem-se que esta é apenas a minha opinião; e que têm todo o direito de terem a vossa opinião.

Comparativo?

Fazer um comparativo é sempre uma coisa complicada; e este comparativo vai ser bastante diferente dos comparativos habituais - o que poderá não agradar a todos.
É que se há coisas que podem ser comparadas analiticamente, como é o caso de características técnicas; muitas outras são completamente subjectivas. E é por isso mesmo que me vou focar principalmente no...

O feeling da Utilização

Ambos os equipamentos são equipamentos de topo, que dificilmente deixarão de agradar aos seus possuidores. Ambos têm actualmente defeitos ou funcionalidades que previsivelmente poderão ser corrigidas ou melhoradas brevemente (tanto o Desire como o iPhone têm updates prometidos para breve.)

Como utilizador do iPhone, o sistema do Android, com as suas várias teclas torna-se inicialmente um pouco "confuso". Atenção, que estou a falar comparativamente.

Ao eliminar as teclas e mantendo apenas uma para regressar ao ecrã principal, o iPhone obrigou a que todo o seu funcionamento, incluindo os "milhões" de Apps que existem na App Store, fossem concebido de raiz com todas as funcionalidades acessíveis a partir do ecrã.

No Android, o método é ligeiramente diferente. A par da tecla de "home" temos também uma tecla "menu", "back" e "search". Não digo que seja pior, ou melhor... apenas diferente.
Com algumas horas ou dias de uso rapidamente nos habituamos a utilizar essas teclas, mas... mesmo assim continuo a achar que o iPhone ganha em "simplicidade" ao manter a atenção permanentemente focada no ecrã e não em teclas "fora dele."

As coisas funcionam também de forma mais fluida no iPhone; o que não significa que o HTC Desire seja lento... mas lá está... é aquele "feeling". Que, em abono da verdade se torna cada vez menos notório - particularmente com o aumento de desempenho que o Android 2.2 promete trazer, e numa altura em que Google se começa a concentrar no "polimento" destes aspectos mais cosméticos.

(Não tendo ainda tido oportunidade de o comparar com um Android "despido", não sei até que ponto o HTC Sense será um benefício ou uma agravante - já que vejo ambas as opiniões espalhadas por relatos na internet; mas como o Android 3.0 já faz antever o fim dos interfaces "alterados", o melhor será irem adaptando-se ao Android de base!)

Actualização: tendo brincado com o Android Boston de base, vejo porque motivos há quem diga que o HTC Sense é vantajoso. Há realmente coisas engraçadas no Sense, mas mesmo assim continuo a preferir o Android "base" - e não esquecer que praticamente todas as coisas "boas" do Sense estão igualmente disponíveis via Apps para instalação em qualquer Android. Pelo que, a nível de personalização... qualquer que seja o vosso Android, têm muita liberdade para o cozinhar ao vosso gosto.

O Browser

Mesmo com o flash (brevemente o Flash 10.1 "completo") o processo de funcionamento do HTC Desire não me convenceu. O grande problema para mim foi uma funcionalidade que muitos outros apreciam: a reformatação do texto quando se faz zoom para que caiba na área que estão a ver.
Poderá ser útil... poderá ser uma questão de habituação... nas não consigo adaptar-me àquilo!

Quando faço zoom, espero ver a parte do ecrã que pretendo aumentar de tamanho; e não que mude completamente o layout, com uma imagem a desaparecer, ou umas colunas a mudarem o espaçamento, etc.

Nesse aspecto, continuo a sentir-me muito mais confortável com a forma de funcionamento do browser do iPhone: onde uma página funciona quase como uma "imagem", facilmente manipulada, e onde cada duplo toque faz um zoom inteligentemente ajustado para a secção pretendida.

Ecrãs

O ecrã AMOLED do HTC Desire é muito bom, mas o retina display do iPhone 4 é ainda melhor - conseguindo até tornar-se na referência da actualidade. A diferença para o AMOLED de 800x480 não é tão abismal como - por exemplo - o ecrã dum iPhone 3GS anterior, com 1/4 da resolução (esse sim, deixa-nos a pensar como foi possível olhar tanto tempo para aquilo!) mas mesmo assim, consegue ser mais atractiva. Também ajuda o facto do LCD do iPhone parecer estar "à superfície" em vez de afundado por trás de um vidro.

Quanto à resposta aos "toques", o iPhone continua a ser insuperável reagindo ao mínimo toque sem hesitação; enquanto no HTC, por muito bom que seja, por vezes continuem a existir alguns toque que parecem não ser detectados - em parte poderá dever-se mais às zonas de toque do software e do que ao hardware em si; mas afinal... trata-se de um equipamento que ainda tem "calibração do touchscreen", coisa que nunca sequer existiu nos iPhone. Não se pense no entanto que isto seja factor decisivo - como disse no início - ambos os equipamentos são bastante bons; estou apenas a referir-me a "pormenores" que em comparação directa diferenciam estes equipamentos.

Funcionalidades

Aqui não há como negar, mesmo com as milhões de Apps na App Store da Apple o Android Market é muito mais abrangente. Enquanto no iPhone somos obrigados a seguir as regras (ou forçados a fazer jailbreak), no HTC Desire temos toda a liberdade do mundo para instalarmos tudo o que quisermos, alterarmos componentes do sistema (como o próprio interface, teclados, etc.) e tudo o mais que nos passe pela cabeça.

Por si só, esta vantagem é suficiente para fazer com que muitas pessoas optem imediatamente por um Android em detrimento da melhor usabilidade (por enquanto) do iPhone!

Câmara

Para quem pretender utilizar estes equipamentos como câmara, aí sim, posso mostrar-vos que tal são, lado a lado! Eia, uma comparação directa neste comparativo! ;)

HTC Desire

iPhone 4

 Comparação:

Estranhamente, o HTC Desire parece aplicar maior compressão e perde algum detalhe (e sim, verifiquei se estava com as opções da câmara definidas para o máximo de qualidade.)

Em contrapartida, o HTC oferece também muitas mais opções que o iPhone, com ajuste de brilho, contraste, cor, etc. Enquanto no iPhone apenas podemos... tirar a foto! (E não esquecer que o iPhone tem um bug no White Balance, que altera as cores... quando lhe apetece.)

É certo que tanto num como noutro há depois centenas de Apps que podem fazer muito mais... pelo que haverá muito por onde explorar nesta área.

Quanto ao vídeo, seria uma comparação injusta, já que o HTC Desire vem limitado a 15fps - pelo menos até que leve um update que lhe permita gravar o vídeo HD a 30fps como o iPhone 4.
(O iPhone 4 conta também com a possibilidade de edição do vídeo com o iMovies... um tipo de App que poderá demorar a aparecer no Android - pelo menos ao nível da facilidade de utilização que o produto da Apple oferece.)

Conclusão

Relembrando que é apenas a minha opinião pessoal; e que os possuidores de qualquer um destes equipamentos têm todos os motivos para estarem satisfeitos (e certamente com as suas próprias ideias quanto aos pontos fortes/fracos que têm) neste momento continuo a dar a minha preferência ao iPhone.

Para o tipo de uso que eu lhe dou: email, internet, e algumas Apps - a facilidade de utilização sobrepõe-se à necessidade de "controlo total" sobre o equipamento; mesmo se isso significa abdicar de certas liberdades e funcionalidades que me agradariam ver implementadas no iPhone (como a criação de um hotspot WiFi, melhores notificações, etc.)

Quem optar pelo Android estará tão (ou mais) bem servido; e sem dúvida que estará a escolher uma plataforma que está a evoluir à velocidade de um TGV, com o Android 2.2 prestes a chegar, e o 3.0 já anunciado para o fim do ano.

Nesse aspecto, parece-me que será a Apple que começará a ter que "correr" para conseguir acompanhar este ritmo evolutivo, e será cada vez mais pressionada por todos os serviços que o Google oferece nos Android (Google Goggles, Maps Navigation, Google Voice, etc) - e que no iPhone tardam em aparecer, aparecem limitados, ou nem sequer aparecem!

Por agora, a "cosmética" ainda é factor que me atrai no iPhone... mas com a constante e rápida evolução do Android, que finalmente começa a estabilizar os pontos fundamentais e a voltar a sua atenção para esses detalhes cosméticos... prevejo que daqui por um ano as coisas poderão ser bem diferentes. (E por aqui estaremos para analisar o caso nessa altura... :)

Relembro que podem (devem ;) ver os vídeos que coloquei em ambas as reviews (HTC Desire, iPhone 4) e ficarem com uma melhor ideia do funcionamento destes dois equipamentos.

Cosmopolitan: Mmmm Hmmm

EXCLUSIVE: Girl-on-girl action! Britney gives head!

Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

(``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS

não lida,
9 de jul. de 2010, 17:04:0409/07/2010
para brinka...@googlegroups.com

[link]

(``-_-) BrinKadeiraS

////////////////////////////// /////////////

Derreteu o primeiro iPhone 4

Desenhar no iPad Sensível à Pressão

No outro dia mostrei-vos alguém a usar o iPad como tela do desenho... E certamente alguém terá imaginado: "se fosse sensível à pressão é que era!"

E... assim é: iPad com sensibilidade à pressão.

O único problema é que esta funcionalidade está apenas disponível utilizando um função privada que a Apple não "permite"... Esperemos que a Apple a disponibilize para uso público, já que as vantagens seriam enormes!

(Quanto ao lag visto no vídeo, deve-se à App de demonstração e não a qualquer limitação do hardware ou desta funcionalidade em si.)

Android 2.2 no Nexus One

Foi pena não ter podido experimentar no HTC Desire, mas aqui estão algumas coisas que os utilizadores vão apreciar no novo Android 2.2 Froyo (que por esta altura já deverá ter chegado a todos os Nexus One.)

Update All
Finalmente acaba-se com a necessidade de actualizar dezenas de Apps uma a uma. Podem actualizar todas elas com um só toque - e só terão que tratar delas caso necessitem permissões diferentes das anteriormente definidas (para que uma App "camuflada" não possa posteriormente ganhar acesso a coisas que não devia através de um update.)
Nas Apps de confiança podem igualmente definir que as querem ter sempre automaticamente actualizadas; para que nem tenham que se preocupar com isso.

Apps no cartão SD

Já era algo que podia ser feito por quem "soubesse", mas com o 2.2 torna-se mais simples mover as Apps para o cartão SD libertando a memória interna do vosso Android.
No entanto, não deixa de ser uma coisa que ainda me parece muito "verde" e a necessitar de mais polimento.
É que, não podem instalar uma App directamente no cartão SD; precisam instalá-la para a memória interna e só depois movê-la para o cartão. E claro, caso queiram aceder aos vossos dados via USB, o Android perderá o acesso ao cartão SD, com essas Apps a deixarem de estar acessíveis...
Algo que me parece demasiado "complicado" para muita gente....

Hotspot WiFi

Para além do tethering, o Android 2.2 passa a contar também com a possibilidade de criarem o vosso próprio hotspot WiFi para partilharem a internet com outros dispositivos WiFi.
Mais uma excelente funcionalidade que irá fazer as delicias de quem tem Androids... e dos seus amigos com aparelhos WiFi desejosos de irem à net! :)

Home Screen

O home screen passa também a contar com o acesso rápido à internet e ao "telefone", a partir de qualquer ecrã. (Esta era outra das coisas que me "baralhava" nos Android... ter que andar a procurar em que ecrã tinha deixado o icon do browser.
Mais um "problema" que fica resolvido...

A caixa de pesquisa sofreu também melhoramentos, permitindo agora seleccionar que coisas querem pesquisar (só Apps, só contactos, etc) tornando-se bastante mais rápida.

Desempenho

Quanto ao desempenho do Javascript, este Android 2.2 faz "milagres" face ao 2.1 - e faz também com que a Apple também tenha que se mexer bastante para optimizar o seu Safari Mobile... já que nos benchmarks mais habituais... leva uma cabazada!

Claro que também há que salientar a existência do Flash 10.1 que permite o acesso a conteúdos Flash... (o que embora faça com que as páginas web fiquem mais "pesadas", pode facilmente ser contrabalançado optando por carregar apenas os conteúdos flash que se desejem - e evitando, por exemplo, banners publicitários, etc.)

Notificações Push e Backups na "Cloud"

O Android 2.2 conta também com algumas mudanças bem interessantes no seu interior. Existem agora as mensagens Push, que dispensam a necessidade das Apps estarem a pedir informações regularmente (com as previsíveis melhorias a nível de autonomia, etc.)
Mas, estas notificaçoes - ou melhor dizendo, mensagens - push vão mais além do que simples "avisos".
Este serviço pode ser usado para praticamente "tudo" o que um developer desejar. Pode enviar uma mensagem que faça com que a sua App realize uma determinada função (requisitar o local onde estão, enviar um email, fazer o refresh a uma página web, etc.) sem que o utilizador tenha que se chatear com isso.

Existe também um novo serviço que permite que qualquer App possa efectuar backups na internet sem que o utilizador se preocupe. Em caso de roubo ou troca de equipamento, o processo de transferência para o novo dispositivo será assim facilitado.

Conclusão: uma excelente actualização do Android, que só nos deixa ainda mais curiosos com o que estará para vir com o Android 3.0! :)

Quem tem também motivos para estar contente com o sucesso do Android é a HTC, que no último trimestre viu as suas vendas subirem 63%.

Notícias do Dia

Ndrive no Android, uma placa gráfica para "exagerados", a novela da Nokia com o N8 desaparecido em solo russo, iPad, iPhone, e muito mais

NDrive Aposta no Android
Embora o Google Maps Navigation seja uma proposta cada vez mais atractiva nos Android, o que é certo é que há ainda alguns casos onde um programa de navegação offline se torna necessário: quer seja para viajar no estrangeiro sem terem que se preocupar com taxas de roaming astronómicas, ou para aceder a funcionalidades como as informações de trânsito (que por agora ainda estão ausentes do Google Maps no nosso país.)
O NDrive é um programa nacional, e depois de ter sido um sucesso no iPhone (infelizmente neste momento encontra-se desaparecido da App Store há algum tempo - sem qualquer explicação) aposta forte na plataforma Android.

Se tiverem um Android e o Maps Navigation do Google não vos encher as medidas... fica a sugestão.

Nokia e o Protótipo N8 desaparecido
Depois da novela da Apple e do iPhone 4, é a vez da Nokia repetir a dose relativamente a um protótipo N8 que também foi parar a um site russo que divulgou os seus segredos.
A Nokia quer agora que a polícia russa entre em acçao para que o seu produto lhes seja devolvido.
Cá para mim estão apenas magoados, por este assunto não ter causado tanta notoriedade como o caso do iPhone. ;P

AT&T Afinal não está a Limitar o Upload nos iPhones

Depois de inúmeros relatos que as velocidades de upload dos novos iPhone 4 estavam a ficar cada vez pior - levando a assumir que a AT&T as estaria a limitar para poupar a sua rede 3G sobrecarregada; a AT&T vem a público dizer que afinal tal se deveu apenas a um erro de software. Hummm....

iPad vai conquistando Mercados

Aos poucos vai-se confirmando aquilo que sempre disse... o iPad vai penetrando em novas áreas à medida que pessoas e empresas começam a aperceber-se das potencialidades deste tipo de dispositivos. Da SAP à Wells Fargo, passando pela Mercedes... muitas empresas começam a olhar para o iPad como uma válida ferramenta de trabalho.
A única coisa que vai atrasando a sua adopção em ainda maior escala é... o facto de estarem quase permanentemente esgotados.

Microsoft nos cortes Anuais
A Microsoft todos os anos faz um reajustamento... e este ano não é excepção, com centenas de pessoas a terem que procurar novos emprego (nada de exagerado, face aos 5000 despedimentos no ano passado - e considerando que emprega mais de 80 mil pessoas.)
Pelo menos, desta vez os cortes parecem estar centrados na área do marketing, o que deixa o pessoal "técnico" um pouco mais descansado...

Asus Ares - Placa gráfica para graúdos

Não posso recomendar que algum de vocês invista $1200 nesta "besta", mas para quem quiser ter uma placa gráfica para impressionar tudo e todos, esta Asus Ares certamente cumprirá com o objectivo.
Com dois GPUs Radeon HD 5870 e 4GB de GDDR5 e necessitando do espaço de 3 slots e uma fonte de 750W...

Vodafone Portugal com Foursquare

O Foursquare continua a espalhar os seus tentáculos em todas as direcções, e até já chegam a Portugal. A Vodafone anunciou uma parceria com o Foursquare que deverá ajudar a expandir ainda mais o seu número de utilizadores no nosso país.
Pessoalmente, continuo sem perceber como é que um serviço que continua com um "aspecto" tão básico (quando comparado com outros semelhantes, como o Gowalla - ou com outros bem mais antigos e igualmente atractivos: como o Brightkite) esteja a conseguir ultrapassar todos os outros.
... Oh well...

LG Optimus com Android 2.2 Froyo

Querem um Android "fresquinho" que já traga a mais recente versão do Android (2.2)?

A LG não vos deixa ficar mal, com a sua nova série Optimus de equipamentos que estão para breve. Os LG One e o LG Chic  serão dos primeiros a chegar, e contam com o atractivo Android 2.2.

Ora, aqui estão mais dois bons candidatos a receberem uma análise mais aprofundada aqui no Aberto até de Madrugada. Aquele Chic parece ter muito boa pinta! :)

Android 2.2 SDK refresh

As you may have noticed, the source code for Android 2.2, which we call Froyo, has been released.

The Android 2.2 SDK that was released at Google I/O contained a preview of the Froyo system image and today, we are releasing an update to bring it into sync with the system image pushed to Nexus One devices.

I encourage all developers to use the SDK manager to update to this version.

Apps on SD Card: The Details

[This post is by Suchi Amalapurapu, an engineer who worked on this feature. — Tim Bray]

Android 2.2 supports application installation on external storage devices like the SD card. This should give users room for many more apps, and will also benefit certain categories, like games, that need huge assets.

(Note that not all of the contents of an “SD-card-resident” APK are actually on the card; the dex files, private data directories, and native shared libraries remain in internal storage.)

The “Manage Applications” screen in the Settings app now has an “On SD Card” tab. The sizes listed in Manage Applications only include the space taken by the application on internal storage.

The Application Info screen now has either a “move to SD card” or “move to phone” button, but this is often disabled. Copy-protected apps and updates to system apps can’t be moved to the SD card, nor can those which are don’t specify that they work on the SD card.

Controlling Installation Preference

SD-card installation is an optional feature on Android 2.2, is under the control of the developer not the user, and will not affect any applications built prior to Android 2.2.

Application developers can set the field android:installLocation in the root manifest element to one of these values:

  • internalOnly: Install the application on internal storage only. This will result in storage errors if the device runs low on internal storage.

  • preferExternal: The android system tries to install the application on external storage. If that is full, the application is installed on internal storage.

  • auto: Let the Android system decide the best install location for the application. The default system policy is to install the application on internal storage first. If the system is running low on storage, the application is then installed on external storage.

If the installLocation is not specified (as is the case for all applications prior to Android 2.2), the application is installed on internal storage. Application updates will by default try to retain their install location, but application developers may change the installLocation field in an update. Installing an application with this new attribute on older devices will not break compatibility and these applications will be installed on internal storage only.

Application developers can also explicitly install under-development code on external storage via adb install flags, which override the installLocation field: -f for internal storage, and -s for external storage. They can also override the default install location to verify and test application installation on SD card with an adb shell pm command:

adb shell pm setInstallLocation option

Where option is one of:

  • 0 [auto] Let the system decide.

  • 1 [internal only]

  • 2 [external]

The current install location can be retrieved via
adb shell pm getInstallLocation
Note that changing this default can cause applications to misbehave if they’re not prepared to live on the SD card.

USB Mass Storage interactions

The Android system stores the SD-card-resident applications’ APKs in a secure application-specific container. A new flag FLAG_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in ApplicationInfo object indicates that an application is currently installed on the SD card. This storage is removed when an SD-card-resident app is uninstalled.

When an Android device’s SD card is unmounted, applications installed on it are no longer available. Their internal storage is still there and such apps can be uninstalled without replacing the SD card.

The Android framework provides several broadcast intents to support the (small) class of applications, such as launchers, that access other applications’ resources:

  • When the SD card is unmounted, ACTION_EXTERNAL_APPLICATIONS_UNAVAILABLE with a list of the disabled applications and a list of corresponding application uid’s via extra attributes in the broadcast intent.

  • When the SD card is mounted, ACTION_EXTERNAL_APPLICATIONS_AVAILABLE with a list of enabled applications and a list of corresponding application uid’s via extra attributes in the broadcast intent.

Applications that handle broadcast intents like ACTION_PACKAGE_ADDED, ACTION_PACKAGE_REMOVED may also want to handle these additional notifications.

When an application gets moved between internal to external storage and vice versa, the application is disabled first (which includes broadcasting intent ACTION_EXTERNAL_APPLICATIONS_UNAVAILABLE), the asset resources are copied, and then the application is enabled (which includes broadcasting intent ACTION_EXTERNAL_APPLICATIONS_AVAILABLE).

Security and Performance Implications

Applications on SD card are mounted via Linux’s loopback interface and encrypted via a device-specific key, so they cannot be decrypted on any other device. Note that this is security measure and does not provide copy protection; the apps are world readable just like the resources of normal applications installed on the device’s internal storage. Copy-protected applications cannot be installed on external media. In the interests of stability, updates to system applications also cannot be installed on the external media. The application resources stored on external storage are read-only and hence there are no performance issues with loading or launching applications on SD card.

Swapping or Transferring SD Card Contents

It has always been the case that when you swap SD cards on an Android device, if you physically copy the contents of the old card to the new one, the system will use the data on the new card as if nothing had changed. This is also true of apps which have been installed on the SD card.

When not to install on SD card?

The advantage of installing on SD card is easy to understand: contention for storage space is reduced. There are costs, the most obvious being that your app is disabled when the SD card is either removed or in USB Mass Storage mode; this includes running Services, not just interactive Activities. Aside from this, device removal disables an application’s Widgets, Input methods, Account Managers, Device administrators, Live wallpapers, and Live folders, and may require explicit user action to re-enable them.

(``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS

não lida,
10 de jul. de 2010, 17:03:1710/07/2010
para brinka...@googlegroups.com

[link]

(``-_-) BrinKadeiraS

////////////////////////////// /////////////

YouTube Ultrapassa FullHD com 4k

Lembram-se dos tempos em que vídeo na internet era sinónimo de uns gifs animados, ou de uns Real Video completamente pixelizados?

Até o YouTube começou com esses vídeos de baixa-qualidade... mas a mim não me custava nada antever que seria uma questão de tempo até que video HD pudesse viajar pela Internet (e não me esqueço que muitos me chamaram "louco" na altura! :P)

Pois bem... nos últimos tempos o YouTube passou pelo vídeo HD 720... e pelos 1080p... e até pelo 3D. E agora... vai ainda mais além, com o YouTube a disponibilizar vídeo em 4k!

Sim, a resolução dos cinemas digitais "de topo" (já que a maioria contenta-se com cinema digital 2k, apenas ligeiramente superior ao FullHD 1080p.)

Com isto se comprova que estas tecnologias não vão dar tréguas às "tradições" instituídas... e que é não adianta andarem a inventar formatos (bluray, cof cof) que aos poucos vão introduzindo alterações e upgrades, angustiando os clientes com equipamentos anteriores que ficam incompatíveis.

Poucos serão os que têm monitores ou projectores para verem conteúdos nestes formatos; mas tal como o YouTube um dia foi considerado uma "loucura"... está mais que visto que é uma questão de tempo até que ver um filme, com qualquer qualidade (até estas, já superiores ao HD) seja sinónimo de ligar a TV, ir ao YouTube, pesquisar... e... play!

E não esquecer que o Google está também a investir na criação de conteúdos originais e de qualidade para o YouTube.

Análise ao Optimus Boston

Não vou dizer que isto é como o "ketchup" do Cristiano Ronaldo, mas depois de tanto tempo sem Androids, isto agora tem sido sempre a aviar! :)

Depois do HTC Desire do nosso fundo, eis que um novo equipamento Android me veio parar às mãos: o Optimus Boston.

O Optimus Boston

Este Boston é o primeiro Android da "marca" Optimus - no fundo, um Gigabyte Gsmart G1305 - e, indiferentemente do nome ou marca com que chegue às vossas mãos é um aparelho bastante interessante para o preço a que a Optimus o está a comercializar (169,90€).

Mesmo se as diferenças qualitativas dos materiais e acabamentos são notórios face a equipamentos mais caros... este pequeno Android low-cost vem recheado de equipamento.
  • Sistema Operativo Google Android 1.6
  • 256MB (Ram)
  • LCD de 3,2" (320x480) e Touchscreen (Multitouch capacitivo)
  • Wi-Fi (B/G), bluetooth (2.0 + EDR), 3G (HSDPA 7.2 Mbps)
  • trackball, sensor de proximidade, acelerómetro, GPS
  • Câmara de 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, com autofoco e flash LED
  • microSD (até 16GB)
  • Dimensões 116 x 56,8 x 12,4 mm
  • Peso: 118g
  • Autonomia: 6h em conversação; 410h em standby

Construção e Acabamentos

É óbvio que este pequeno (e barato) Boston está numa classe completamente à parte do nosso bem conhecido HTC Desire, Nexus Ones, e afins. Embora demonstre ser sólido suficiente para não causar preocupações ao ser "atirado" para o fundo de uma carteira ou o bolso de uma calças, não consegue evitar um "ranger" dos plásticos ao ser manuseado.

Os habituais botões de comando do Android são sensíveis ao toque (infelizmente não são iluminados), e temos ainda uma trackball e dois botões para realizar e cancelar chamadas .

Tem a particularidade de ter também um botão dedicado para o disparo das fotografias, o que é agradável e se torna mais intuitivo de utilizar - mesmo se a sensibilidade do toque (com dois níveis, para focar e para disparar, como nas máquinas fotográficas) não esteja muito bem conseguida.

Como ponto negativo: o conector microUSB está tapado por uma pequena tampa cujo mecanismo de encaixe e retenção não inspira grande confiança a nível de longevidade.

O botão de ligar/desligar/bloquear/acordar também deixa um pouco a desejar e requer alguma habituação (e poderia estar ligeiramente mais "perceptível" em vez de estar completamente à face da superfície do Boston, o que o torna mais difícil de detectar e pressionar.)
Optimus Boston ao lado de um iPhone 3GS e do Vodafone 845

Funcionamento

Mesmo com um Android já mais "antigo", na sua versão 1.6, (boas notícias a este respeito no fim do artigo ;) tenho que admitir que este pequeno Boston me surpreendeu mais que o HTC Desire.
Passo a explicar: com o Desire, sendo um equipamento de topo, as expectativas são obrigatoriamente elevadas, e faz com que se espere um desempenho à altura do que de melhor existe no mercado.
Com este Boston, as expectativas eram outras... e no entanto foram largamente superadas.

Em vez de um aparelho lento e desesperante deparo-me com um aparelho que é perfeitamente utilizável e, igualmente importante, agradável de utilizar - mesmo se também tenha sua própria personalidade: aconteceu-me por vezes ele não reagir aos toques como seria suposto, e num caso isolado, o browser decidiu ficar "encravado" na orientação horizontal por muito que eu virasse e revirasse o Boston.
(Tal poderá ter sido apenas um bug, devido ao uso intensivo que lhe dei, ou talvez por esta unidade de testes já ter sofrido alguns abusos de reviewers anteriores.)

Câmara

Mesmo ostentando o "carimbo" dos 5MP, a câmara do Optimus Boston demonstra perfeitamente que a "quantidade" não significa maior qualidade.
A câmara é bastante fraquinha... com as fotografias a sairem com bastante ruído, e com pouca luz... torna-se ainda pior (e não é o LED flash que a salva.)

O autofocus também não parece funcionar muito correctamente... não conseguindo focar objectos a algumas dezenas de centímetros (o que me faz pensar se será igualmente algum problema deste Boston que recebi para análise.)

O vídeo, limitado a uma resolução VGA também não impressionará ninguém.

Ou seja, este Boston dá para desenrascar, mas não será aconselhável deixarem a vossa câmara fotográfica ou de vídeo em casa durante as férias ou sempre que quiserem registar algo "com qualidade."

Apreciação Final

Claro que a velocidade é inferior a um HTC Desire, e o ecrã - mesmo tendo uma resolução interessante - não é muito visível no exterior, perante a luz do sol; mas mesmo assim, por menos de metade do preço, a experiência que se tem não é definitivamente "metade" da que se tem nos aparelhos de topo.

Para quem pretender iniciar-se no mundo dos smartphones e/ou dos Androids, este Boston é sem dúvida um aparelho que vos posso recomendar sem qualquer dúvida.
Mesmo para utilizadores mais intensivos, mas que não estejam dispostos a desembolsar as centenas de euros extra para comprar um equipamento de topo, este Optimus oferecerá o acesso aos emails, à net e às milhares de Apps do Android Market sem qualquer dificuldade.

Optimus Boston

Prós:
  • Preço atractivo
  • Bom desempenho

Contras:
  • Câmara "fraquinha"
  • Sensibilidade dos botões da câmara e do ligar/desligar

Android 2.1 a caminho do Optimus Boston?

Por último, uma pequena grande notícia: disseram-me que está para breve uma actualização para o Android 2.1 para o Boston, possivelmente já em Agosto!
A verificar-se o caso, este Boston tornar-se-á ainda mais atractivo!

Nota: Para os clientes Clix há ainda uma promoção especial que decorre até ao dia 15 de Julho, em que podem adquirir este Boston por apenas 149,90€ (preço normal: 179,90€)

YouTube com suporte a 4K

YouTube HD

Após o anúncio do suporte a vídeos em 1080p Full HD em Dezembro do ano passado, o YouTube apresenta agora o suporte a vídeos 4K (4096 x 3072). No entanto existem algumas limitações devido a tal resolução.

YouTube 4K

As câmaras com possibilidade de gravação a 4K são ainda bastante caras, utilizadas essencialmente por profissionais e os vídeos ocupam bastante espaço, sendo necessário uma boa ligação de Internet para ver os vídeos sem falhas.

Poderá encontrar no YouTube uma playlist de alguns vídeos em 4K (url).

WebTuga - YouTube com suporte a 4K

Acid Picdump (126 pics)

Simply Explained

Taylored-ads

Google's Stats About the Web

Google has recently published a report about the Web, which includes a lot of interesting stats. The results were obtained from a sample of 4.2 billion web pages indexed by Google.

"The average web page takes up 320 KB on the wire (Google took into account the embedded resources such as images, scripts and stylesheets). Only two-thirds of the compressible material on a page is actually compressed. In 80% of pages, 10 or more resources are loaded from a single host."

The average number of images per page is 29.39 and the average size of all the images from a page is 205.99 KB. A web page includes an average of 7.09 external scripts and 3.22 external stylesheets. The average size of the scripts is 57.98 KB and the size of the stylesheets is 18.72 KB. Google also found that only 17 million pages from the sample use SSL (about 0.4%).

Urs Hölzle, Google's Senior Vice President of Operation, said that the average web page takes 4.9 seconds to load and it makes 44 calls to different resources. "Speed matters. The average web page isn't just big, it's complicated. Web pages aren't just HTML. A web page is a big ensemble of things, some of which must load serially," said Urs Hölzle.

Google offers a lot of tutorials that help web developers improve the performance of their websites. Google advises to use Gzip compression, use HTTP caching, optimize JavaScript code and properly combine scripts and stylesheets.

Apple "mata" NDrive no iPhone?

Já vos tinha dito que o NDrive desapareceu misteriosamente da App Store da Apple nas últimas semanas... e qualquer tentativa de encontrar justificação tem sido respondida apenas com silêncio.

No entanto, parece que as coisas estão prestes a subir de tom, já que há relatos que a Apple poderá estar a exercer a funcionalidade de remoção remota de Apps, apagando o NDrive dos computadores e iPhones de quem a tinha comprado!

A confirmar-se esta história, será preciso encontrar uma justificação verdadeiramente válida - já que isto não é coisa que se possa aceitar de ânimo leve! Então... quem comprou a App e caso fique sem nada... terá direito a reembolso? Ou como é que se processa?

Há várias Apps que foram removidas da App Store, mas que eu tenha conhecimento, nunca nenhuma delas foi removida do iTunes dos utilizadores ou dos seus iPhones.

Um caso a seguir com atenção!

Colorful Power Savings in AMOLED Androids

Here's an ingenious way to save power in your AMOLED Android device.

While in LCDs the power needed to show any image is constant (whether it's all green, or blue, or red), in Amoled screens that is an entirely different matter. Red subpixels are a lot more efficient than green ones, and even more so than the blue subpixels.

That's why Jeff Sharkley, a Google emplyee decided to create colorfilter App for his Nexus One and see how it fared.

By using just the red pixels, in a best case scenario you can actually double the battery life!
Quite impressive, isn't it?

On the other hand, I imagine if you used it a lot, you would probably affect the long term color balance of the screen, by using a single channel more than the others, resulting in an uneven "usage pattern"...

Notícias do Dia

Gmail com assinaturas "coloridas", publicidade iAds a render, mais uma ridícula (tentativa de) patente da Microsoft, um avião solar sem medo da noite, e mais.

Gmail com Assinaturas mais "ricas"

Se não dispensam o Gmail, mas a possibilidade de apenas poder definir assinaturas em texto simples vos estava a deixar doidos, então tenho boas notícias para vocês: a partir de agora podem criar assinaturas no Gmail em "rich text".
Ou seja, podem usar vários tipos de letra, tamanhos, cores, links, e até imagens. É totalmente ao vosso gosto.

iAds da Apple rendem $1400 num dia

Como não podia deixar de ser, já começam a surgir as histórias mirabolantes de "lucros milionários", e certamente farão com que milhares de pessoas tentem embarcar na mesma "corrida ao ouro" apenas para descobrirem que isto acontece apenas 0.0000001% das vezes.
Mas, caso tenham uma App que chegue ao top, como aconteceu com Jason Ting, que fez uma "espectacular" App que... acende e apaga o LED flash do iPhone 4, que rapidamente subiu aos tops, então até pode ser que recebam $1400 USD em publicidade.

Microsoft diz que "Virar Páginas" é uma patente sua

A Microsoft diz que a funcionalidade de virar páginas num dispositivo touch é uma patente sua, pedida em Janeiro de 2009.
Ora... mesmo se nessa altura ainda não havia iPad e iBooks, havia já várias Apps de eBooks no iPhone que implementavam este efeito (como o "Classics")... e relembro igualmente que o mesmo efeito existia já há muito mais tempo, em sites em Flash... e antes disso, séculos antes, já existia nas páginas... em papel. :P

Mailing Lists pagas em vez de Blogs?

Parece ser essa a tendência nalguns "grandes nomes" da blogosfera. Em vez de se dedicarem a manter um blog gratuito, muitas vezes aproveitado e abusado por terceiros, a opção por uma mailing list disponível apenas a assinantes parece estar a tornar-se cada vez mais popular.
Descansem, que não é este o caso do Aberto até de Madrugada... que continuará a existir nesta forma (e a evoluir, espero eu, com a vossa ajuda! :)

Facebook compra NextStop

Lembram-se do NextStop, aquele site que mais parecia uma App nativa cheia de funcionalidades? Pois bem... parece que eu não era o único a achar que tinha qualidade e futuro: o Facebook comprou o NextStop e poderá assim ganhar mais um trunfo importante na corrida aos serviços geolocalizados.

Avião Solar voa à Noite
O Solar Impulse, avião inteiramente solar, já superou mais um marco significativo: permanecer no ar por mais de 24h, superando a escuridão da noite!
Pronto... agora já nada nos pára rumo aos vôos eléctricos "eternos", seja de dia ou de noite. :)

Picture by: dunno source Submitted by: dunno source via Fail Uploader

Picture by: dunno source Submitted by: dunno source via Fail Uploader

Judge Slams RIAA, $675k Fine Ruled Unconstitutional

In the US there have been two major file-sharing cases against individuals that have gone to trial. In both cases the RIAA was initially awarded hundreds and thousands of dollars in damages, but in both cases these were slashed on appeal.

In the RIAA’s case against Jamie Thomas, the jury-awarded damages were reduced significantly as the excessive damages were ruled to be unconstitutional. Today, the same thing has happened with the case against Boston University student Joel Tenenbaum.

The ruling issued by District Judge Nancy Gertner states that the constitutional issues are clear, and that attempting to avoid the constitutional challenges (that the damages are excessive in proportion to the crime) by reducing the damages would be the best way to handle these.

The verdict comes as no surprise to many, and may even come as a relief to the RIAA, who have faced some negative publicity over the damages awarded. It’s unclear, though, if this modification will stand, as the RIAA will have to accept it. If they don’t, a retrial will be called.

Judge Gertner finds a retrial likely, stating in the judgment: “The plaintiffs in this case, however, made it abundantly clear that they were, to put it mildly, going for broke. They stated in open court that they likely would not accept a remitted award.”

“The Constitution protects not only criminal defendants from the imposition of ‘cruel and unusual punishments’, but also civil defendants facing arbitrarily high punitive awards,” Gertner added.

The meat of the subject can be found on page 6, though.

I reduce the jury’s award to $2,250 per infringed work, three times the statutory minimum, for a total award of $67,500. Significantly, this amount is more than I might have awarded in my independent judgment. But the task of determining the appropriate damages award in this case fell to the jury, not the Court. I have merely reduced the award to the greatest amount that the Constitution will permit given the facts of this case.

There is no question that this reduced award is still severe, even harsh. It not only adequately compensates the plaintiffs for the relatively minor harm that Tenenbaum caused them; it sends a strong message that those who exploit peer-to-peer networks to unlawfully download and distribute copyrighted works run the risk of incurring substantial damages awards. Tenenbaum’s behavior, after all, was hardly exemplary. The jury found that he not only violated the law, but did so willfully.

Reducing the jury’s $675,000 award, however, also sends another no less important message: The Due Process Clause does not merely protect large corporations, like BMW and State Farm, from grossly excessive punitive awards. It also protects ordinary people like Joel Tenenbaum

This judgment relieves some of the PR pressure around the RIAA. While they were clearly happy with the height of the damages, hoping it would intimidate filesharers, it also became a rallying cry for others. The reduced damages proposed by Judge Gertner may silence the opposition to some extent, and reduce the impact of campaigns.

Joel Tenenbaum was somewhat relieved upon hearing the verdict. In a telephone interview with the Boston Globe he said: “Obviously, it’s better news than it could have been. But it’s basically equally unpayable to me.”

Even if he could pay it, none of the money – be it $675,000, or $67,500 – would find its way into the pockets of the artists whose songs were involved. The RIAA told TorrentFreak that the damages will be used to fund new anti-piracy campaigns instead.

Whether or not there will be a retrial, the current verdict is a blow to their anti-piracy campaigns, while the Constitutional concern may preclude any further strengthening of copyright laws and punishments in the near future.

Breaking story…

Article from: TorrentFreak.

WWI simplified

Source & Larger version

Bonus: 80s style intro for Firefly

Lucky Luke

Lucky LukeTitulo Original: Lucky Luke
Realização: James Huth
Ano: 2009

Distribuidora: Ecofilmes / Vitória Filme
País: França / Argentina
Data Estreia: 22.07.2010
Interpretes: Jean Dujardin, Melvil Poupaud, Sylvie Testud, Michaël Youn, Alexandra Lamy
Género: Acção / Comédia / Western
Site Oficial
Link IMDB

Sinopse: O pistoleiro mais rápido do que a própria sombra, Lucky Luke, tem uma missão muito simples, restaurar a ordem em Daisy Town. Os inúmeros obstáculos que se deparam no seu caminho não fazem ideia com quem se meteram.

Trailer Lucky Luke

(``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS

não lida,
11 de jul. de 2010, 17:04:0911/07/2010
para brinka...@googlegroups.com

conversa 1550

Ela - Comprei um peixinho vermelho.
Eu - A sério? Que giro...
Ela - É giro mas também uma derrota pessoal.
Eu - Uma derrota pessoal? Porquê?
Ela - Desisti de tentar viver com homens e cheguei à conclusão que é melhor este peixinho vermelho.
Eu - Mas... mas... mas...
Ela - Mas nada. Tal como os homens só pensa em comer, comer, comer. A vantagem é que está sempre calado e não tem acessos incontroláveis de testosterona.

conversa 1549

Ela - Queres jogar a meias no Euromilhões comigo?
Eu - Não.
Ela - Não? Não tens fé nenhuma no euromilhões?
Eu - Não é bem isso. Já joguei esta semana e não estou para gastar mais dinheiro nisso.
Ela - Oh! Gostava mesmo de jogar a meias.
Eu - Mas porquê?
Ela - Assim se acertássemos depois podíamos ter uma discussão sobre quem tinha direito ao prémio. Podíamos ir a tribunal e tudo.
Eu - Mas eu não quero nada disso...
Ela - Sempre dava mais cor à vida.

conversa 1548

Ela - Quando eu era mais novinha só gostava de homens mais velhos. Eu tinha vinte anos e só me interessava por trintões. Isso preocupa-me.
Eu - Preocupa-te?
Ela - Preocupa-me porque agora tenho quase cinquenta e ainda só me interesso por trintões. Eles é que não se interessam lá muito por mim.
Eu - Portanto, não te interessavas por trintões por serem mais velhos do que tu mas sim por serem trintões. É isso?
Ela - Sim. É a fase em que os homens são mais bonitos e menos estúpidos.
Eu - Ei, falta-me um ano para entrar no quarenta. Vou passar a ser estúpido, é isso?
Ela - Não... mas vais deixar de ser bonito.

conversa 1547

Ela - Só me apetece chorar.
Eu - Então? O que é que se passa?
Ela - O biquíni que comprei o Verão passado já não me serve.

conversa 1546

(no café)

Eu - Então o teu marido?
Ela - Hoje não vem. Está em casa de castigo.
Eu (risos) - Porquê?
Ela - Fomos às compras e ele deixou-me aos gritos sozinha numa loja de roupa.
Eu - Aos gritos?
Ela - Sim. Fui experimentar uma saia e quando comecei a chamar por ele para opinar se me ficava bem ou mal, ele... nada. Tinha ido esperar lá para fora.
Eu - Coitado. Não sabia de certeza que o ias chamar.
Ela - Se não sabia devia saber. Já vive comigo há muito tempo.

QuietTwitter: silencie contatos temporariamente no Twitter

Uma queixa constante no Twitter refere-se aos comentaristas de futebol. Todo domingão de Campeonato Brasileiro é a mesma choradeira. De um lado, os aspirantes a Galvão Bueno; do outro, gente que reclama de gente que só fala de futebol. Difícil saber qual dos dois perfis é o mais chato, mas uma nova ferramenta criada pelo mineiro @Licio, o QuietTwitter, promete apaziguar os ânimos do pessoal.

Quieto aí, passarinho!O que o QuietTwitter faz é “silenciar” alguém que você siga até as seis da manhã do dia seguinte. Após aprovar o site (via oAuth), basta inserir o nome de usuário do contato mala e dar Enter. Pronto, está bloqueado temporariamente, sem precisar dar unfollow.

Mas… não é mais fácil dar unfollow hoje e voltar a seguir o mala a pessoa amanhã?

É uma outra abordagem para o mesmo problema. Na realidade, é a mesma abordagem, só que no “modo manual”. A vantagem do QuietTwitter é que o retorno à normalidade, ou seja, a seguir o contato mala quando ele deixa de ser mala, é automático. Não é preciso se lembrar de segui-lo novamente na manhã seguinte, o próprio sistema se encarrega disso.

Antes do QuietTwitter, só tinha visto solução semelhante no Brizzly, embora essa só funcione dentro do próprio Brizzly e não dê unfollow/follow automaticamente; lá, funciona mais ou menos como um filtro temporário, definido pelo usuário. A vantagem do Brizzly, nesse caso, é que o contato inconveniente não fica sabendo que deixou de ser seguido temporariamente.

Para quem quer paz na timeline do Twitter sem criar clima ruim com seus contatos, o QuietTwitter é uma boa pedida.

Fonte: Twitter Brasil.

conversa 1545

Ela - Os homens não fazem a mínima ideia de como se deve tratar uma mulher.
Eu - E como é que é?
Ela - Sei lá. Os homens é que deviam saber.

BrinKadeiraS

(``-_-) BrinKadeiraS

////////////////////////////// /////////////
BrinKadeiraS

[link]

(``-_-) BrinKadeiraS

You are subscribed to email updates from (``-_-´´) BrinKadeiraS
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar