Sangha Gathering, Saturday, July 3rd

Rebecca Lockman

Jul 1, 2021, 10:24:43 AMJul 1
to breathi...@googlegroups.com
 The Co-arising Mindful Heart Sangha will gather online Saturday, July 3rd, from 9am  to 10:30amish. (connection info below)

We will share music, sitting meditation, and a period of dharma sharing

Further wisdom
  • Happy Farms / Reverance for the land - Plum Village
  • Many of you requested a copy of the poem/song by Sister Chan Kong.  It is included below.
The Smile
I smile to the star that still shines in the sky,
To the sun that slowly guides us out of the night,
To the day that begins,
To the enchanting bird,
I smile to the world and the world smiles to me.

I smile to the child that crosses my way,
I remember also all those who are hungry.
Those who live in misery all over the planet,
Who have to face the war, who lost their mother.

If sometime my smile is moistened by tears,
When I see the great pain that spreads over the world,
I shall still be smiling with tears in my eyes,
Smiling to life. Smile to death.

And one day will come when it is bitterly cold,
When even my footsteps will not leave any mark,
The never ending current of life energy
Will carry me along, and I will not look back.

The fear will no longer block my way.
My heart finally opens very wide.
Then I will become the smile of the earth,
Of the flower, of the sun, of the wind and the rain.

And one day, perhaps, in a very small child,
I will open my eyes to the wonders of life.
And the little more loving, and the little more smiling
I will continue this wonderful way.

Opportunities
Upcoming Meetings

We will meet July 3rd, 11th, 17th, and 25th at 9am

Leadership Planning meetings are Tuesday evenings at 7pm ET - use the same link as for meetings.

Connection Information for our meetings

Join Co-arising Mindful Heart Sangha Zoom Meeting
https://BreathingHeart.org/zoom
- or -

Meeting ID: 847 4192 2975  -  Password: iamhome
Audio-only by phone, tap: +19292056099,,84741922975#,,1#,556500#
Or dial it:  929-205-6099  -  Meeting ID: 847 4192 2975  -  Password: 556500

Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind.  The goal is to find it----The Buddha

Hope to see you Saturday!
Becky