Communicate conference - October 27/28 - Bristol

Savita Custead

Sep 8, 2008, 8:34:27 AM9/8/08
to Br...@googlegroups.com

Communicate 2008 - Messages for change

27-28 October 2008 – HP Labs, Bristol
View the Programme, Register for 1 or 2 days, or Email us

Communicate is a conference for senior environmental communicators
attracting a cross-sector of representatives from environmental and
conservation organisations, business and CSR, policy makers, media, and
national and local government bodies and natural history filmmakers,

Join us for a day of key briefings, relevant and provocative debate as well
as networking. If you can attend both days, we have special rates and
conference packages.

Communicate 2008 will be focusing on “Messages for Change”

• Is appealing to the values which dominate in our society the only
effective tactic to communicate environmental messages today? Or does ‘going
with what works’ in the short-term risk further postponing public debate
about the values which will ultimately have to come to underpin the more
systemic changes that are needed? Hear from speakers such as Jules Peck,
Blake Lee-Harwood, Ciaran Mundy, Tom Crompton.

• Top-down or bottom up: which works? Through discussion with a provocative
panel, this session examines strategies such as government campaigns,
business practices and legal statutes as opposed to community campaigns and
grassroots movements. We’ll be joined by Gregory Parker MP, Tesco, Sustrans,
and NESTA.

• Biodiversity or Climate Change? We’ll debate which topic is at the top of
the communication and media agenda – and which should be. The debate will be
started by Mike Shanahan, Fred Pearce and a range of academics,
psychologists and decision makers.

• What are the key upcoming events that will affect your planning? We’ll
hear from programme directors of Darwin 200 (2009), the International Year
of Biodiversity (2010) and the Cultural Olympiad (2012).

Conference fees

Registrations are now open.

Register here to secure your place at Communicate.

Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors we are able to keep costs to
a minimum and make the conference accessible to all organisations.

Single day rate – All sectors - £125.00 + VAT
Conference package (2 days) – Charity Rate – 175.00 + VAT
Conference package (2 days) – Public Sector Rate – 200.00 + VAT
Conference package (2 days) – Private Sector Rate – 250.00 + VAT

Visit www.communicatenow.org.uk or contact 0117 370 0973 for more
information.

______________________________
Savita Custead
Director
Bristol Natural History Consortium
c/o Bristol Zoo Gardens
Clifton, Bristol BS8 3HA
T: +44 (0)117 370 0973
M: +44 (0)777 336 1042
E: sav...@bnhc.org.uk
W: www.bnhc.org.uk

Bristol Natural History Consortium is a collaboration between Avon Wildlife
Trust, BBC, Bristol City Council, Bristol Zoo Gardens, Environment Agency,
Defra, University of Bristol, The University of the West of England,
Wildscreen, and Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust .

Registered Charity: 1123432