BLOC Talk 2/12/24

Scott L. Replogle

Feb 12, 2024, 3:49:08 PMFeb 12
to Boulder BLOC
image001.jpg       image003.jpg

BLOC TALK
2/12/24

IN GENERAL:

No meeting on Valentine’s Day this week. Take your valentine out to lunch.

Toby L SEZ:

There were a number of special guests at last week's meeting.  Mary Grace Wake, Governor of CO/WY District was in attendance.  Gary Banninga, Optimist Lt Governor,   talked about the steps to become an Honor Club. Then our guest speaker, Shadi Taheran with Mental Health Partners gave a nice presentation on how her group can help people in Boulder County with Mental Health issues.  The club agreed to donate $150 to this group after hearing about the ways they help improve our community.

Looking forward to seeing you all next week.

Jim H SEZ:

Our speaker at our next meeting on February 21 will be Stephanie Gnoza, from the Boulder County Clerk and Recorder’s office, informing us of local Election Process and Security, a topic of concern for nearly everyone in this election year.  Thanks to Gary Phippen for setting this up.  This was originally scheduled for the meeting which was canceled due to broken pipes at Backcountry.  Come on out to get the fact and bring your questions.

Bill A SEZ:

Hello All,,
As advisor to our president, Toby, I am focusing on member engagement. For that I would like each of the committee chairs to generate a document describing the goals, activity, and tasks defined. No task is too small. Studies have shown that this will help energize our membership and more members will feel a part of our effort: We should have a minimum of 6 members per project. (6 would be a goal)
Here is a list of who I think are committee chairs:
  1. Citizenship: Marty
  2. Youth Appreciation: Lisa
  3. Precious Child: Gary
  4. Bolder Boulder-Jim
  5. San Juan Christmas-Catherine
  6. Respect for Law: ??
  7. JOI: Barb & Sara
Makenna W SEZ:

We have a new website and I would love to have everyone check it out once you get a chance! Feel free to set up your member login by clicking on the BLOC Members page and clicking the link at the top to create a profile. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns! I will link our new site below.

Thanks,

Barb D SEZ:

Congratulations on another successful Brain Bowl Championship Event on Saturday at Hamilton Middle School. The kids had a wonderful time and were very excited and inspirational to all of us.  Thank you to the BLOC Heads that came out and made the day special for everyone.  Well done! 💙

Lisa and Asia
Bill A
Marty
Scott O
(If I missed a name, I apologize)

Justice High JOI

There are two more basketball games to go before the "Finals" for the boys team. If you can come out and support the team,  it would be fantastic.

Justice v. DELTA
February 14
2:00 pm - Court 2

Justice v. CHSC
February 23
2:55 pm - Court 1

Games are all played at:
The Courts
11295 Washington Street
Northglenn CO 80233

Coach D (Daryl Mullins) will be there.  Please make sure to say hello to him - he is one of our biggest supporters for JOI.

CU Football Home Games for 2024 Season

SAVE THE DATES!

North Dakota v. Buffs
August 31 (Sat)

Baylor v. Buffs
September 21 (Sat)

Kansas State v. Buffs
October 12 (Sat)

Cincinnati v. Buffs
October 26 (Sat)

Utah v. Buffs
November 16 (Sat)

OSU v. Buffs
November 29 (Fri)

I will not be able to provide kickoff time for all games until August.  Please make sure these dates are saved so we can be more successful than last year.

Sara T SEZ:

Justice HS participated in the BVSD Mock Trial this past weekend!  They had a great case to debate about Covid. These students have worked diligently and have spent hours practicing their roles!
OI SEZ

S.gif883a5523-7471-4533-a24c-18cd0540ca1c.png
Newsday
Tuesday
Spring into Optimism: A New Incentive Program for Clubs
Are you ready to welcome new members to your Club? If so, you will love our new incentive program: Spring into Optimism!

This program will encourage Clubs to recruit new members during the months of March, April, and May by waiving the registration fee of $15 for each new member added to their rosters. This is a great opportunity for clubs to save money and grow their membership, while also bringing new ideas and perspectives to their projects and activities.

How to Participate

Participating in this program is easy and simple. All you need to do is:
S.gif21d22cfe-0139-45fe-93ba-8994ac0c813d.jpeg
  • Fill out and submit the official enrollment form by May 28, 2024.
  • Add new members to your club between March 1 and May 31, 2024
  • Ensure that the new members pay their dues in full by September 30, 2024. This will ensure that they are eligible for all the benefits and opportunities that our organization offers, such as attending District and International Conventions.

That’s it! Once you complete these steps, you will be part of the Spring into Optimism program and enjoy the rewards of having a larger, more vibrant Club.

What are the Benefits?

By participating in this program, you will not only save money on registration fees, but also gain many other advantages, such as:

  • More membership diversity: Having new members from different backgrounds, with different experiences and perspectives, will enrich your Club’s culture and foster a more inclusive environment.
  • More creativity and innovation: Having new members with fresh ideas and insights will spark your Club’s creativity and innovation and help you tackle challenges and opportunities in new and better ways.
  • More engagement and satisfaction: Having new members who are eager and enthusiastic will boost your Club’s engagement and satisfaction and make your Club more attractive and enjoyable for everyone.

Join Us Today!

We hope that you are excited and inspired by this program and that you will join us in making it a success. This is a unique and valuable opportunity for your Club to grow. Don’t miss it!

Thank you for being an Optimist and for making a difference in the world. We look forward to welcoming your new members to our organization.

Let’s spring into optimism together!

Colorado Wyoming Optimist District 25 SEZ:

f9b05301-3a91-4617-9084-0c9f1af39e7a.jpeg
9a408b8d-cc2e-47e9-aa6b-40ad4d239973.png
The Connections Forum

Meeting ID: 873 6308 9086

Join us… February 13th

IDENTIFYING AND GROWING LEADERS

LET’S TALK:

  • About identifying leaders and planting Thought Seeds

  • About assigning and encouraging leadership roles

  •  About giving consistent support

Mark your calendar…

Zoom discussion February 13th 6:30-7:00 p.m.

Led by Linda McDonald
Past VP of Southwest Region
8d9ce675-e2e4-483f-aeec-dd30b28da907.jpeg
609a1903-2736-4e25-8226-4b55fc47aadb.png
Registration $40 until February 15, 2024
Late registration $50 until February 20, 2024

REGISTRATION PROCESS
All registration is online on the district website (no paper forms or checks to mail!)

Look for the registration instructions in the yellow box to walk you through the process.
You will need to create an account to login and register, but one person can register multiple people for the conference.
Pay with a credit or debit card right in the registration database or click through
to your PayPal account.

For technical support with the new registration process, email opti...@smalldatabasesolutions.com

Or if you are having any difficulties registering, contact
Laura Mitchell, 720 339-6311.

Can't wait to see you soon!
S.png
CLICK FOR AGENDA
S.png

Goings On:

Superbowl’s over — time to get with BLOC, OI, and CWOD 25 Optimist activities.

Lyrics for the Day:

If the phone doesn’t ring, it’s me...
Tried to amend my carnivorous habitMade it nearly 70 daysLosing weight without speed eating sunflower seedsDrinking lots of carrot juice and soaking up rays
But at night I'd have these wonderful dreamsSome kind of sensuous treatNot zucchini fettucini or bulgur wheatBut a big warm bun and a huge hunk of meat
Cheeseburger in paradiseHeaven on Earth with an onion sliceNot too particular not too preciseI'm just a cheeseburger in paradise
Cheeseburger in paradiseMedium-rare with mustard'd be niceHeaven on Earth with an onion sliceI'm just a cheeseburger in paradise
I like mine with lettuce and tomatoHeinz 57 and french fried potatoesBig kosher pickle and a cold draft beerWell good gosh almighty which way do I steerFor my
Cheeseburger in paradiseMaking the best of every virtue and viceWorth every damn bit of sacrificeTo get a cheeseburger in paradiseGet me a cheeseburger in paradiseI'm just a cheeseburger in paradise
Cartoons for the Day:
Image 242.jpegScreenshot 2024-02-11 at 10.07.45 AM.png