Blinklist site not showing updated/recent lists

Guhan

Oct 15, 2008, 3:49:44 PM10/15/08
to BlinkList
Hi,

I am using blinklist for more than 2 years now. Recently i am facing
this problem. Whenever I blink a website it is not getting updated in
recent tab.Even refresing/clearing the temp files/cache didnt helped.
Anyone face the same problem and any solution identified? I am pretty
sure that it is getting added in the list. because when i try to add
the same web site again it shows the tags that i have added.

Mike Reining

Oct 15, 2008, 8:55:14 PM10/15/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hi there Guhan,

The problem that you are experiencing is happening because we capture
the data but when you access your site, you are getting data from one of
our slave servers (vs. the master).  Unfortunately, the slaves are a bit behind
and that is what is causing this problem.

This will be resolved once we migrate to BlinkList 2.0, which will happen
in early November (about 3-4 weeks from now).

Mike
--
_____________________________________

Mike Reining
Co-Founder
MindValley
"Creating Personal Growth Through The Power of The Internet"
http://twitter.com/mikereining

Rodolfo Soriano Núñez

Oct 16, 2008, 6:14:44 AM10/16/08
to BlinkList
Hi Mike,

I am so worried from what I read in your answer. So you are already
pushing the expected time for the change. I understand that you need
to do these fixes. As I told you before I am having the same problem,
but I still have some questions. Can you tell me if all the blinking I
am doing during this period is safe? In other words, Are we going to
lose all the blinking done during this transition period? Because if
it is safe, I do not really care if we have this delay because of the
master-slave relation.
My main concern is if I will be losing the sites I am blinking.

Your service is so great for as professor here in Mexico. I was so
concerned about losing the blinking that I went to Newsvine to create
some sort of back-up during this transition period, sadly they assumed
that all the Non-English speaking sites I blink (mostly in Spanish and
some French and German), are self-promotion, so they killed my account
in less than a week. You are the only truly international,
multicultural service of this kind.

Thanks so much...

Rodolfo Soriano-Núñez
Mexico City

Mike Reining

Oct 16, 2008, 7:41:30 AM10/16/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodolfo,

Sorry for not giving you a better answer.

Yes, every link that you blinks is being stored in our master databsase
and so there should not be any problems.

Mike

Rodolfo Soriano Núñez

Oct 16, 2008, 8:23:07 AM10/16/08
to BlinkList
Thanks, boss, that is comforting...

Guhan

Oct 16, 2008, 1:55:43 PM10/16/08
to BlinkList
Hi All,

Now understood the problem. Looking for the upgrade ASAP.Hope that
none of the links gets deleted b'caz I have more than 1500 links to my
list.

Thanks
Guhan

Mike Reining

Oct 17, 2008, 5:36:32 AM10/17/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guhan,

I hear you.  I am also very excited about the update and cannot wait
to personally start using it.  Just to be clear, we will be sure to migrate
all of the links when we move over to the new version of BlinkList.

Mike

Rodolfo Soriano Núñez

Oct 28, 2008, 4:04:48 AM10/28/08
to BlinkList
Mike,

I do not know if you already finished the update, but I have noticed
an improvement in the overall performance of BlinkList. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Rodolfo Soriano-Núñez
Mexico City

Mike Reining

Oct 28, 2008, 5:27:36 AM10/28/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Nope, not even close.  When we finish the upgrade you won't even recognize BlinkList.
It will be all shiny and new.  :-)

We are going to open it up for beta testing next week and then gear up for the launch
for November.  We are finally there!
--
_____________________________________

Mike Reining
Co-Founder
MindValley
"Creating Personal Growth Through The Power of The Internet"
Skype: mikeymike
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mikereining
Web: www.MindValley.com

daLuc

Oct 28, 2008, 10:56:08 PM10/28/08
to BlinkList
For me, Blinklist is the best web bookmark tool that I ever met.
But, since I noticed some endless trouble in the site, like the junk
links, spams, and mysterious characters appearing in my personal list,
I migratted to Diigo around three months ago.
The so-called "new version" of Blinklist never come and, I must
confess, I lost my patience.
Some day, who knows, if this "new version" come finally to a concrete
thing, without spams and all those problems, I will be back to
Blinklist.

On 28 out, 06:27, "Mike Reining" <m...@mindvalley.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Nope, not even close.  When we finish the upgrade you won't even recognize
> BlinkList.
> It will be all shiny and new.  :-)
>
> We are going to open it up for beta testing next week and then gear up for
> the launch
> for November.  We are finally there!
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Rodolfo Soriano Núñez

Mike Reining

Oct 28, 2008, 10:57:40 PM10/28/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

Thanks for the comment!  We are getting closer but we took on a bit more than we could chew and
so it has taken us a little longer to get the new version of BlinkList ready.

I look forward to welcoming back to our community once it is ready.  :-)
--
_____________________________________

Mike Reining
Founder

Jonathan H (The Other Jonathan)

Oct 31, 2008, 2:14:21 PM10/31/08
to BlinkList
Cool - looking forward to early November with some eagerness now.

Vikingdread

Nov 19, 2008, 9:39:54 AM11/19/08
to BlinkList
This problem still exists and almost renders Blinklist unusable for
me.

Is the planned upgrade in november still on? I'd love to move lots of
my favourite links into Blinklist, but right now it's not workable...

Mike Reining

Nov 19, 2008, 4:14:38 PM11/19/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the move is still on.  Our launch date is still scheduled for Nov. 29.
We are going to push really hard to meet that deadline and I will be sending
out a beta invitation to give you guys a preview over the next couple of days.

Hopefully this weekend.

cam_eos

Nov 22, 2008, 4:02:31 PM11/22/08
to BlinkList
Hi Mke,

Please send me a beta invite, thanks!

~Lovingheart4JC1964~

Nov 22, 2008, 4:47:53 PM11/22/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
It would be so cool to try out a beta :)
--
In His unfathomable grace & love!

Jay ><(((º>

My E-mail = lovinghea...@gmail.com

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you
faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the
only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power,
both now and ever. Amen. (JUD 1:24-25 NASB)

~i^i~

SpaceCat85

Nov 22, 2008, 4:47:31 PM11/22/08
to BlinkList
Please send me an invite as well. I've got plenty of QuickBlink
bookmarks stored up to test out the editing features with!

Mike Reining

Nov 22, 2008, 7:21:27 PM11/22/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Will do.  Just give me 1-2 days and then I can send them out.  We are still set
to go live this coming weekend.  Only 6 more days!

Fred Hanselmann

Nov 22, 2008, 8:12:06 PM11/22/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Mike,