blinklist is slow----

amandakern

Aug 12, 2008, 12:35:25 AM8/12/08
to BlinkList
It always seems like when I need to use blinklist lately that it
really lags or doesn't load at all. When I try to access my bookmarks
this happens. And when I try to bookmark things sometimes it lags -
sometimes it doesn't. It's frustrating. Also, from time to time I
still have problems having bookmarks show after they are
bookmarked...has this been fixed yet?

Mike Reining

Aug 12, 2008, 8:08:59 AM8/12/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amanda,

I completely understand your frustration and while this situation has not been fixed,
we are now less than two months away from launching the brand new BlinkList.

So, as a result we are now concentrating all of our efforts on releasing the new version.
We will make sure that BlinkList continues to run as fast as possible but the systems
are quite strained since it was not build initially to handle this scale.  This won't be a
problem once we migrate.

I apologize for any problems you are experiencing right now can can assure you
that we are working as fast as possible to move to the new platform.

amandakern

Aug 18, 2008, 11:24:17 PM8/18/08
to BlinkList
thanks. I'm anxiously awaiting version 2! :o)

On Aug 12, 8:08 am, "Mike Reining" <m...@mindvalley.com> wrote:
> Hi Amanda,
>
> I completely understand your frustration and while this situation has not
> been fixed,
> we are now less than two months away from launching the brand new BlinkList.
>
> So, as a result we are now concentrating all of our efforts on releasing the
> new version.
> We will make sure that BlinkList continues to run as fast as possible but
> the systems
> are quite strained since it was not build initially to handle this scale.
> This won't be a
> problem once we migrate.
>
> I apologize for any problems you are experiencing right now can can assure
> you
> that we are working as fast as possible to move to the new platform.

Jonathan H (The Other Jonathan)

Oct 4, 2008, 10:09:57 AM10/4/08
to BlinkList
On Aug 12, 1:08 pm, "Mike Reining" <m...@mindvalley.com> wrote:

> we are now less than two months away from launching the brand new BlinkList.

Cool - should be any day now. Really looking forward to it - v1 is
just too slow for any use now

Mike Reining

Oct 5, 2008, 12:42:38 AM10/5/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

Yup, BlinkList is a bit slow now but the new version will be blazing fast.
We have already started using the new version internally and are very happy with it.
However, we want to make sure that it will be able to scale and are now working
on optimizing the code and putting the finishing touches on it.

Here is the latest timeline:

On Monday, October 20th, I hope to be able to let you guys into the beta version
of the new BlinkList and by October 31st, I hope to fully launch the new version.

So, we are a few weeks behind from my earlier estimate but we were able to add
a few enhacements (not features - rather speed improvements) that we thought
were necessary.

I will let you know how it goes,

Mike
--
_____________________________________

Mike Reining
Co-Founder
MindValley
"Creating Personal Growth Through The Power of The Internet"

AFdevelopers

Oct 5, 2008, 4:47:58 PM10/5/08
to BlinkList
All -- also experienced slowness and sometimes no functionality and
sometimes missing bookmarks and moved to delicious...is there an
export function from BlinkList that could assist with a migration?
Thanks!

On Oct 4, 9:42 pm, "Mike Reining" <m...@mindvalley.com> wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Yup, BlinkList is a bit slow now but the new version will be blazing fast.
> We have already started using the new version internally and are very happy
> with it.
> However, we want to make sure that it will be able to scale and are now
> working
> on optimizing the code and putting the finishing touches on it.
>
> Here is the latest timeline:
>
> On Monday, October 20th, I hope to be able to let you guys into the beta
> version
> of the new BlinkList and by October 31st, I hope to fully launch the new
> version.
>
> So, we are a few weeks behind from my earlier estimate but we were able to
> add
> a few enhacements (not features - rather speed improvements) that we thought
> were necessary.
>
> I will let you know how it goes,
>
> Mike
>
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 7:09 AM, Jonathan H (The Other Jonathan) <

Mike Reining

Oct 5, 2008, 8:21:15 PM10/5/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
You can always backup your links by going to the options menu.
Sorry about the slowness over the past few days.  I can assure you
that the new BlinkList will be much faster and more enjoyable but
I can understand if you do not want to wait that long.

Mike

Jonathan H (The Other Jonathan)

Oct 6, 2008, 1:35:22 PM10/6/08
to BlinkList
OK, fingers crossed. So many blank screens and timeouts these days.
I'm always up for an early beta test!

On Oct 5, 5:42 am, "Mike Reining" <m...@mindvalley.com> wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Yup, BlinkList is a bit slow now but the new version will be blazing fast.
> We have already started using the new version internally and are very happy
> with it.
> However, we want to make sure that it will be able to scale and are now
> working
> on optimizing the code and putting the finishing touches on it.
>
> Here is the latest timeline:
>
> On Monday, October 20th, I hope to be able to let you guys into the beta
> version
> of the new BlinkList and by October 31st, I hope to fully launch the new
> version.
>
> So, we are a few weeks behind from my earlier estimate but we were able to
> add
> a few enhacements (not features - rather speed improvements) that we thought
> were necessary.
>
> I will let you know how it goes,
>
> Mike
>
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 7:09 AM, Jonathan H (The Other Jonathan) <

Rodolfo Soriano Núñez

Oct 9, 2008, 11:53:02 AM10/9/08
to BlinkList
It is getting worse by the minute. I already opened an account in
Newsvine to prevent missing links, but it is double the work and even
if BlinkList actually improves with the migration, I will have to
blink all the links again in BlinkList, Are there any changes in your
scheduled migration? What is the expected day for the new Blinklist
launch? Are you going to survive the credit crunch? Otherwise it would
be nice if you were willing to let us know to be able to move links to
some other (crappy) service.

BTW, I understand that your service is free, but it is so good (when
it works) that it is really hard to think of browsing without it...
Thanks

Mike Reining

Oct 9, 2008, 11:58:09 AM10/9/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodolfo,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) Yes, the new BlinkList is going to be A LOT faster.  Our
initial benchmarks show a speed improvement of about 10 to 1 (that is 1,000%).
Of course not for all functions but overall it is looking good.

2) Yes, we are going to be just fine as a company.  MindValley
is highly profitable, the last 3 months have been our strongest yet
with accelerating top line and bottom line growth

3) I hope to launch the new BlinkList by the end of this month.
If we miss it, then it will be just by 1-2 weeks

Thanks for saying how much you enjoy BlinkList when it
works.  I really appreciate it and I am sure you are going
to love the new release coming out soon.

Okay, back to work, I gotta finish BlinkList 2.0.  :-)

Mike

amandakern

Nov 7, 2008, 10:54:01 AM11/7/08
to BlinkList
Mike,
Have you guys launched the new release of blinklist yet? I am noticing
it still lagging and not showing bookmarks right away at times.
Amanda

Mike Reining

Nov 9, 2008, 3:58:22 AM11/9/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amanda,

Not yet.  However, we have set a launch date.  We
plan to launch the new version of BlinkList on Nov. 29! :-)

Mike
--
_____________________________________

Mike Reining

Founder
MindValley
"Creating Personal Growth Through The Power of The Internet"
Skype: mikeymike
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mikereining
Web: www.MindValley.com

amandakern

Nov 12, 2008, 10:42:46 AM11/12/08
to BlinkList
Thanks Mike. It's super slow again today...hopefully that doesn't last
too much longer. I'm eager to see the update roll out.
Amanda

On Nov 9, 3:58 am, "Mike Reining" <m...@mindvalley.com> wrote:
> Hi Amanda,
>
> Not yet.  However, we have set a launch date.  We
> plan to launch the new version of BlinkList on Nov. 29! :-)
>
> Mike

Mike Reining

Nov 12, 2008, 6:51:22 PM11/12/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I know what you mean!  The days of having a slow BlinkList are rapidly
approaching their end as we are feverishly working on the upgrade.  It is going
to be stunning so please stay tuned.  We will do whatever it takes to get
the launch done the last weekend of November.

Mike

Jonathan H (The Other Jonathan)

Nov 16, 2008, 9:48:57 AM11/16/08
to BlinkList
Don't forget all us eager beta testers who've stuck with BL for years
and who are happy to take an early release :)

Mike Reining

Nov 16, 2008, 11:40:48 AM11/16/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Will do!  I will be sending out the invite to the beta email in a few days!  :-)

Jonathan H (The Other Jonathan)

Nov 30, 2008, 3:16:31 PM11/30/08
to BlinkList
As one of Blinklist's earliest users, with thousands of links, and one
who has reported (and found solutions for) many problems in the past I
remember offering to beta test the new version several times.
However, it now looks like no beta testing has been done - if you'd
thrown it out to some of us to check over, it would have helped.

But right now, all we see is lots of missing features, a browser
extension which doesn't seem to do anything except take you to
"recently blinked" (which isn't recently blinked!) and various other
troubles.

That is, of course, when it's not saying:
" 503 Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later! Powered By LiteSpeed
Web Server"

Is this the new faster service which blinks on 0.18 of second?

I'll give it a couple of days, but if it all goes wrong because you
didn't let anyone beta test it, then I'm afraid, as a long-suffering
but patient user, my understanding would be lacking.

Fingers crossed this lack of testing doesn't make everyone leave...