Can't Blink with FF 3.01 !

jsavoy

Sep 8, 2008, 6:44:12 AM9/8/08
to BlinkList
Hi guys,
I have not been able to blink with the new FireFox 3.0.1
- blink button doesn't launch anything, or it launches the blinking
pop-up, but it won't log me in (even though i can log in on www.blinklist.com)
- I tried installing the blinkbar but didn't help much

Is it just me? Any advice?

Txs for your help

Josué

Mike Reining

Sep 8, 2008, 8:09:05 AM9/8/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
It is working fine for me.  I noticed some problems with https sites
and we are looking into that.  Otherwise it is working just fine for me.
--
_____________________________________

Mike Reining
Co-Founder
MindValley
"Creating Personal Growth Through The Power of The Internet"

jsavoy

Sep 8, 2008, 9:05:38 AM9/8/08
to BlinkList
Thanks Mike,

Sorry to bother you with this. I gave it some more investigating: the
"Classic" Button works, but the "Regular" button doesn't log me in
even though I use my valid email and password (i.e. the ones that
allow me to log at blinklist.com). I don't get an "invalid email/
password" message; instead the pop-up windows reloads without the
possibility to blink; only the possibility to tell a friend... (N.B.:
this is NOT due to htppS sites; I tested on both).

I'll send you a printscreen. In the meantime, I'll use the "Classic"
button; but I liked the "Regular" much more and got used to use it on
the previous FF version.

Bstrgrds.

Josué

ARC

Sep 10, 2008, 10:05:00 PM9/10/08
to BlinkList
I had the same thing happen last night when I created a new profile
with one of the nightlies + some files from my old profile (which has
various Firefox 2 and extensions cruft). The "classic" bookmarklet
worked, but not the other two. Swapping back to my old profile fixed
it.

I had the same versions of these files in both profiles:
-GUI and website-tweaking CSS in the chrome folder
-adblockplus (folder with support files)
-cookies.sqlite (didn't want to log into several dozen sites again)
-places.sqlite
-signons.sqlite
-my user.js file, which has the following cookies & javascript prefs
set (again, also present in the working profile):
user_pref("network.cookie.cookieBehavior", 1); with blinklist.com
added to the cookie exceptions list via Firefox's GUI in both profiles
and several prefs to enable the new JavaScript engine

so I'm also stumped as to what it is.