Importing bookmarks from delicious

biokinton

Aug 20, 2008, 11:35:07 AM8/20/08
to BlinkList
Hello all,

I switched to using delicious some time ago when BL seemed to become
slower and slower in updating my blinks (any changes - adding blinks,
starring blinks and so on - would take upwards of a day to happen).
Coming back this afternoon I'm glad to see things appear to be back to
normal. Eager to get back to using BL (delicious doesn't offer
anything to rival the BL Quickstart page) I looked to bring across all
the bookmarks I've added via delicious in the interim. Thing is, the
link (specifically, this link: https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all?)
on the BL delicious import page (http://www.blinklist.com/?Action=User/
Import/del.icio.us.php) doesn't seem to work.

Is there (currently) a way in which I can import my bookmarks from
delicious with the tags intact? Have exported from delicious as HTML
and imported as if from a browser however the tags don't follow.

Any and all advice very gratefully received.

Mike Reining

Aug 20, 2008, 10:28:57 PM8/20/08
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

We support importing from del.icio.us.  Just go and check the options page.
We will also support it going forward when we launch BlinkList 2.0 in about
1 1/2 months.  At that point everything will also be much faster again than it
was before.

Mike
--
_____________________________________

Mike Reining
Co-Founder
MindValley
"We create personal growth through the power of the Internet"

biokinton

Aug 21, 2008, 6:49:39 AM8/21/08
to BlinkList
Hi Mike,

Many thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately what I'm having trouble
with *is* the import function available via the options page;

1. Click on Options.
2. Click on Import links.
3. Click on Import from del.icio.us
4. Click on the big blue Get Data link listed as step 1 of the import
process.
5. Receive the following error: https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all?

?

On 21 Aug, 03:28, "Mike Reining" <m...@mindvalley.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We support importing from del.icio.us.  Just go and check the options page.
> We will also support it going forward when we launch BlinkList 2.0 in about
> 1 1/2 months.  At that point everything will also be much faster again than
> it
> was before.
>
> Mike
>

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 8:35 AM, biokinton <biokin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
>
> > I switched to using delicious some time ago when BL seemed to become
> > slower and slower in updating my blinks (any changes - adding blinks,
> > starring blinks and so on - would take upwards of a day to happen).
> > Coming back this afternoon I'm glad to see things appear to be back to
> > normal. Eager to get back to using BL (delicious doesn't offer
> > anything to rival the BL Quickstart page) I looked to bring across all
> > the bookmarks I've added via delicious in the interim. Thing is, the
> > link (specifically, this link:https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all?)
> > on the BL delicious import page (http://www.blinklist.com/?Action=User/
> > Import/del.icio.us.php<http://www.blinklist.com/?Action=User/Import/del.icio.us.php>)

Wazza

Aug 26, 2008, 7:06:38 AM8/26/08
to BlinkList
Exactly the same for me using firefox to download a 4900 link in
delicious to blink. Mac OS X.

ARC

Sep 9, 2008, 5:25:14 PM9/9/08
to BlinkList
They changed their API link after the "delicious.com" relaunch to:
https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all?

(from http://delicious.com/help/api#posts_all)

Hope that helps :) I was able to get that link to work for my own
bookmarks.