24 Hours To Go : #MeetToSleep Asserting The Right To Live Free From Fear : Join The Mission

1 view

Blank Noise

Dec 14, 2019, 7:12:30 AM12/14/19
to blank-noise, Action Hero

Meet To Sleep

Sleep claiming the right to live free from fear and defenceless. Build the action where you live on December 15th, 2019 , tomorrow, between 2-5 pm.
e: actio...@blanknoise.org / phone: 91.9886840612
Thousands of women , girls + persons beyond gender binaries across places including Bangalore, Bhopal, Bijapur, Bokaro, Chikmaglur, Delhi, Devgadh Baria, Godhra , Hazaribag, Helsinki, Hyderabad, Lucknow, London, Mahoba, Maliya, Mumbai, Muzzafarpur, Sangli, Vadodara will sleep in the open , under skies and trees, asserting the right to live free from fear and defenceless.
#MeetToSleep is a collaborative effort. It is built with members of the public i.e Action Sheroes and feminist allies including Akanksha Seva Sadan, Anandi, Breakthrough, Crea Network, Femme Friday, Global Concerns India, Gramonati Sansthan Mahoba, Jagori, Mahila Mukti Sanstha , Malleswaram Social, One Billion Rising, Plan India, Red Brigade Foundation, Red Dot Foundation, Sadbhavana Trust, Sahyogini, Sangamma, Sangat , Sangram, Vamp, Vidrohi Mahila Manch, Shaheen , Social Hike, Srijan, Srijanatmak Manushi Sanstha, Srishti Institute of Art Design and Technology, Vimochana and Why Loiter!
* please connect asap if you would like to build this with your community.
Action Shero Deepti Suresh invites you to #MeetToSleep from Bangalore
Action Shero Punita champions the call to action from Baroda
Kiran Deshmukh from VAMP builds #MeetToSleep in Sangli. #MeetToSleep towards our right to freedom.
Join The Movement . Connect. Mobilise. Make It Your Own.

Want to build #MeetToSleep or join it?
Easy steps how

  • Register on this link.
  • You will receive an email with location/ site details / or you can chose to create your own #MeetToSleep cluster where you live.
  • Show up with a mat, warm blanket, and a water bottle.
Register here
Connect at actio...@blanknoise.org
Phone: 0091.9886840612

We sleep to create a new memory for our bodies and our public environments.
We sleep to offer what the new normal could be.

Sleep remembering Jyoti Singh, Priyanka Reddy and all women, girls who have battled sexual violence. Meet To Sleep , in our personal and collective truth.
Meet To Sleep because collective action can make it possible. Our bodies will, through new learnt experience, tell new stories ; located in belonging, connection, pride, replacing fear, shame and violation.
Meet To Sleep, to heal.

sleep anywhere under the open sky
sleep under your favourite tree
bring yourself to a park