2 days to go! #EverythingIWantToKnow About Ending Sexual Harassment + Victim Blame At The Workplace And Campus

Blank Noise

Apr 24, 2019, 7:20:00 AM4/24/19
#EverythingIWantToKnow
___________

Legal Rights. Due Process. Justice.

#MeToo   #INeverAskForIt

Who do I reach out to on campus
when I experience sexual harassment?
Can I address the subtle forms of workplace misconduct?
How do I report it?
How do I provide evidence when it’s a subtle form of misconduct?
How do I report a violation without risking my job when the perpetrator is in a position of higher authority?
What are my rights when experiencing third party harassment and how does the organization I work for protect me?
Can you please explain the law and who does this law protect?
 How do I report the person I work with and seek help from professionally? Complaining to HR would force us both in a room and will definitely damage the rapport professionally.
When can I consider harassment to be severe enough to report an FIR?
How will I be legally and socially protected without the risk of losing my job, when I report sexual harassment?
Can I claim the right to guaranteed anonymity when I report sexual harassment? And what are my rights when anonymity is broken?
Can I anonymously report sexual harassment witnessed by me?
Equip yourself with an in-depth understanding of the Sexual Harassment of Women (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013. Become An Action Shero : Know Your Rights To End Sexual Harassment and Victim Blame at the Workplace and on Campus. May this knowledge affirm each one of us to end victim blame at the workplace, campus or institution.

What would you like to know to end sexual assault and victim blame on campus or at the workplace? Send in a question on the registration form. The event is led by you and anything you want to know.  #EverythingIWantToKnow

Register Here

The 2 day event will be led by Action Shero Abhaya Tatavarti, volunteer Action Shero at Blank Noise and also lead consultant at Parity Consulting, Bangalore. Abhaya sets up Internal Complaints Committees and works with organisations to implement the provisions of the Sexual Harassment At The Workplace Law.

At the end of day 2, Jasmeen Patheja, founder Blank Noise will facilitate a 2 hour testimonial building session, on sexual harassment at the workplace and on campuses.

@We Work (Galaxy) Bangalore
43, Residency Rd, Shanthala Nagar,
Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru
OR
If  based outside of Bangalore, you can join via livestream!

26th April, Friday : 5pm - 8pm to
27th April, Saturday : 10am - 1pm

Registration fee: Rs 50, pay online or in person.

*The 2 day event is limited to 30 persons only, be sure to register soon!
About Action Shero Abhaya
Action Shero Abhaya has been volunteering at Blank Noise since July 2018, and is committed to ending sexual and gender based violence. Abhaya is also a lead consultant for the prevention of sexual harassment, at Parity Consulting. She joins forces to end victim blame and build mission #INeverAskForIt . To know more about Abhaya’s views on sexual harassment at the workplace, you can read her articles here.

About Blank Noise
Blank Noise is a community of Action Sheroes, Heroes, Theyroes, citizens and individuals united to eradicate sexual and gender based violence, violence against women. Blank Noise builds public and participatory interventions to confront fear, end victim blame and build empathy. Select projects include #MeetToSleep and #INeverAskForIt .

About I Never Ask For It
I Never Ask For It is a long term mission and commitment to end victim blame and all attitudes that have long justified sexual violence as experienced across spaces, identities and geographies, by building testimonies of clothing. The mission will be built in collaboration with students on campuses across India, feminist allies and grassroots organisations. In 2023, ten thousand garments will assemble and stand in sites of public significance. This is a global call to action.

Copyright © *2018* *|Blank Noise|*, All rights reserved.
Blank Noise is a community of Action Sheroes/ Theyroes/ Heroes, citizens and persons united to end sexual and gender based violence.

Our mailing address is:
*actio...@blanknoise.org*

Thank you Srishti Institute of Art Design and Technology, for the continued support.
Thank You to our event partners, WeWork.