Asian Art Museum's Tezuka: The Marvel of Manga exhibition

Geraldine Sosnowski

Jun 26, 2007, 10:07:29 AM6/26/07
to Black Jack

Don't miss the Asian Art Museum's Tezuka: The Marvel of Manga exhibition this summer!

Regarded in Japan as "The God of Comics," Tezuka Osamu (1928-1989) is an icon in the world of manga (Japanese comics) and revered as an artistic master. He is credited with almost single-handedly creating the manga and related anime industries in Japan and is best known to Western audiences for his series Astro Boy and Kimba the White Lion. This major exhibition - the first of its kind outside of Japan - features more than 200 original drawings, paintings, posters, and more. Don't miss this rare opportunity to see the art that started an international phenomenon. Click here for details.

Tezuka: The Marvel of Manga
June 2 - September 9, 2007
Asian Art Museum
Exclusive U.S. Venue

Putr...@aol.com

Jun 26, 2007, 1:20:44 PM6/26/07
to Black...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I've looked at the catalogue and a friend went.  Not sure if I'll be able to make it myself, since it ends Sept 9th and I won't be back in the US until early Augustve, and then I'll have tons to do.

- Ada

See what's free at AOL.com.

Geraldine Sosnowski

Jun 28, 2007, 6:49:54 PM6/28/07
to Black...@googlegroups.com
What did your friend say about it? :)

-Geraldine
--
GTS²ブルー
http://BigBoss.is.dreaming.org/

Anakin: I miss her.
Yoda: Afraid to lose her..I think.
Anakin: (a little angry) What's that got to do with anything?
Yoda: Eveything. Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate.. hate leads to suffering.
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace