BJ on Nintendo DS

Wilson

Sep 6, 2006, 5:32:45 AM9/6/06
to Black Jack
>From the BJ YTV homepage, it shows a new BJ Nintendo DS game. Does
anyone know anything about this?

http://www.ytv.co.jp/bj/

Wilson

Geraldine Sosnowski

Sep 6, 2006, 6:45:21 AM9/6/06
to Black...@googlegroups.com
This is the first I've heard of it.

--
GTS²ブルー  http://BigBoss.is.dreaming.org/

"Six bullets...More than enough to kill anything that moves !" - Revolver Ocelot

Cowboy Bebop Fan?
Fan of Video Games in general?
Please Sign this Petition to release the Cowboy Bebop game in the United States:
http://www.petitiononline.com/cbnamdai/petition.html

Geraldine Sosnowski

Sep 6, 2006, 6:45:55 AM9/6/06
to Black...@googlegroups.com
Now I want a Japanese DS. Unless the DS can play import games ?

Putr...@aol.com

Sep 6, 2006, 9:12:24 AM9/6/06
to Black...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that does look interesting.  I'll drop a line to some of my Tezuka Productions contacts and see if they have any more info about it.

I'll be posting about this on the TezukaInEnglish.com forums soon, but I recently had a meeting with representatives from Tezuka Productions about working together to develop the site.  It went very well, and if it developes as I think it will it should result in ways for all us US fans to get a lot more access to Japanese Tezuka merchandise and info about upcoming Tezuka releases, as well as (hopefully) a way to contact them with questions about things like this DS game and hopefully get some answers.  I'll keep you posted.

- Ada

Geraldine Sosnowski

Sep 6, 2006, 10:02:57 PM9/6/06
to Black...@googlegroups.com
that's very cool :) !  How did you wind up getting in touch with THEM ??!!!

-Geraldine

Putr...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2006, 9:13:21 AM9/7/06
to Black...@googlegroups.com
They contacted me, actually, because they found the site and were so impressed.  Tezuka Productions' company operating motto is "What would Sensei do?" so since Sensei really loved fans and loved working with them, they decided he would like the site, and they're eager to work with me to develop it.  They're also aware that they're badly out-of-touch with non-Japanese fans, and are excited at finding a new way to reach them.  I'm sure there'll be more exciting news about our collaporation in the coming months, so keep an eye out.

- Ada

Geraldine Sosnowski

Sep 7, 2006, 10:01:26 AM9/7/06
to Black...@googlegroups.com
GREAT !!

On 9/7/06, Putr...@aol.com <Putr...@aol.com> wrote:
They contacted me, actually, because they found the site and were so impressed.  Tezuka Productions' company operating motto is "What would Sensei do?" so since Sensei really loved fans and loved working with them, they decided he would like the site, and they're eager to work with me to develop it.  They're also aware that they're badly out-of-touch with non-Japanese fans, and are excited at finding a new way to reach them.  I'm sure there'll be more exciting news about our collaporation in the coming months, so keep an eye out.

- Ada

Geraldine Sosnowski

Sep 13, 2006, 10:46:05 PM9/13/06
to Black Jack

Sep 13, 2006, 10:48:23 PM9/13/06
to Black Jack
This was in response to "Does the US DS play import games?"

It would be GREAT if this came to the US.

Wilson

Oct 3, 2006, 12:51:44 PM10/3/06
to Black Jack
I found some more info of this game

Taiwanese:
http://blog.webs-tv.net/yukiha

Japanese:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/09/08/104,1157683074,59729,0,0.html?ref=art_game

Chinese:
http://www.pcgames.com.cn/tvgames/bao/games/0609/817957.html
http://news2.92wy.com/html/Article/2006/0908/20060908103924716.shtml

Spanish:
http://www.gamekult.com/images/J000079041/

Official Trailer:
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/blackjackhinotorihen/media.html?sid=6158544&autoplay=6158544

Official Site:
http://blackjack.sega.jp/

I translated the first site for you as it seemed to be the most
detailed one:
What is the game "Black Jack : The Phoenix Version" about?

SEGA, the manufacturer of this game classified it as AVG: Advance Game,
i.e. a game in detective, problem solving & adventurous style. That
means this game is about gathering information, following the
instruction for decision making and moving to next level. SEGA also
designed this game in Manga Format. The screen looks like a page of
manga. When playing it, the player will feel that he is reading a manga
instead of playing a game. Then he should follow the story and control
the game accordingly. For example when doing a plastic operation, the
player should use the touch pen to touch the areas for operation. When
doing a CPR, the player should blow towards the microphone. Because
this game is controlled mainly by touch pen and microphone, it does not
require the player to have difficult techniques or fast responses. But
according to the captured screen shown on the official website, there
seems to be a timer when performing operations. It is assumed that the
player may be required to complete some certain procedures within a
limited time frame in order to get into the next level. So instead of a
boring "button pushing" game, it may be very exciting. However, this
game is designed in Manga format, it may be difficult for non-Japanese
player.

Summary and Casting
"One day, a man invited Black Jack to a luxury apartment. When he came
there, he saw a patient looked like a wolf. According to the inviter,
the patient got a disease called 'Vampire'. Although feeling puzzled,
Black Jack still did a plastic operation on the patient and completed
it successfully. After getting the agreed amount of payment, Black Jack
decided not to find out if there is any hidden story and decided to go
home. At that time, Black Jack fell into a trap..."
The game consists of 30 original and created stories. Player acts as
Black Jack. Astroboy, Princess Knight and many other 40 famous Tezuka
characters will also appear in this game.

Wilson

Geraldine Sosnowski

Oct 3, 2006, 7:29:11 PM10/3/06
to Black Jack

OH

MY

GOD

F*KING

WANT

THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( thanks - Wilson - for the information )

Putr...@aol.com

Oct 5, 2006, 5:00:51 AM10/5/06
to Black...@googlegroups.com
Excellent - thanks.  I'll put this info up on our site.  Awesome to know more about it.  I really want to get it now...

- Ada

Geraldine Sosnowski

Wilson

Oct 5, 2006, 11:22:43 AM10/5/06
to Black Jack
Yes, I think it'd be better if an English version is available. The
game requires the player to have some knowledge in Japanese. (In fact,
it is targeted at the Japanese market!) I don't know if a non-Japanese
reader, like me, can actualy know how to play.

Wilson

Wilson

Oct 17, 2006, 12:10:20 PM10/17/06
to Black Jack
The following is another site that hosted the BJ NDS trailer. This one
allows you to save it on your HD.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=88ce4c88d70cf3970abc206d40a5bda7.0f83cb6745ef15ea79feadfb16d73759&fr=

Wilson