Black Jack # 26

1 view

Wilson

Nov 3, 2006, 12:29:39 PM11/3/06
to Black Jack
It's quite quiet here in these few weeks. So I post something
interesting here.

Have you heard about "Book 26" in the "Original Shonen Champion Akita"
series?
If you don't know what I'm talking about, I mean this series:
http://en.tezuka.co.jp/manga/backlist/hu12/hu12_00101.html

Book 26 is nowhere listed in Tezuka's page. But it did existed. It is a
pirated edition made by a man living in Tokyo. He is working as a clerk
and is a super Tezuka fans. He owned all the BJ works, including those
"sealed works". If you have studied the list from Tezuka's page
carefully, you may find that the "Original Shonen Champion Akita"
series only included 234 works. 8 works were missing from this series,
which included 5 "sealed" and 3 appeared in volume 17 of the "Akita
Bunkouban". This man reprinted all these 8 works from his collection
with 2 additional stories and binded them. He even designed a cover for
his book. His cover features the twin towers of WTC in NYC as
background. He sold this "Book 26" at 100,000 Yen each and managed to
sell 2 before being caught. He was fined 300,000 Yen by the Tokyo Court
in Mar-2003.

I put the cover of his book on my page. Hope that you will like this
piece of interesting info.
http://hk.geocities.com/kurohazama/singlelist26.htm

Wilson

Putr...@aol.com

Nov 6, 2006, 10:56:47 AM11/6/06
to Black...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that's fascinating.  I had no idea.  I have added the info to my English page now, since it's so interesting, and linked to your copy of the cover picture - I hope you don't mind.

It's bad that he did that, and certainly bad that he tried to make money off it, but I must say I would be tempted to try to copy those issues if I ran across them... I really want to read "finger"...

- Ada