Two postdoctoral positions (one RNA biologist, one bioinformatician) are available immediately at the Kwok Lab, Department of Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong. (www.kitkwok.com)

KC Wong

Jun 7, 2019, 2:05:14 AM6/7/19
to Bioinformatics

Two postdoctoral positions (one RNA biologist, one bioinformatician) are available immediately at the Kwok Lab, Department of Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong. (www.kitkwok.com)

Our research focus is to develop chemical and biochemical technologies to decipher the hidden layers of information in RNA such as RNA structures; identify the RNA binding partners and molecular basis of interactions; and elucidate the mechanistic roles of RNA in regulatory pathways, stress physiologies, cell differentiation, organism development, as well as disease pathology. Interested candidates may referred to our recent reviews, e.g. PMID 30853244, PMID 30459069, PMID 29967010, PMID 28755976

Candidates with excellent molecular biology, chemical biology, and/or biochemistry will be considered for the RNA biologist postdoc post.

Candidates with excellent computational skills in transcriptomics and related areas will be considered for the bioinformatician postdoc post.

Qualified candidates should have recently accomplished their Ph.D. degree and have strong written and spoken english.

Candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter summarizing:

– A description of research accomplishments.

– Research interests in RNA and transcriptomics.

– Contact information for two references to: Chun Kit Kwok, Ph.D. mailto:ckkwok42@gapps.cityu.edu.hk