Call For Book Chapters: "Epistasis: Methods and Protocols", Methods in Molecular Biology, Springer (USA)

KC Wong

Jun 7, 2019, 2:05:23 AM6/7/19
to Bioinformatics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Book Chapters: "Epistasis: Methods and Protocols", Methods in Molecular Biology, Springer (USA)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As commissioned by Prof. John Walker, we would like to invite you to contribute a book chapter for our upcoming volume entitled “Epistasis: Methods and Protocols” in the prestigious "Methods in Molecular Biology" series to be published by Springer(USA). The volume will be available both in print and in ebook format by 2020 with Springer(USA).

Sample Book Chapter

The goal of this volume is to summarize the state-of-the-art methodology steps in the computational or wet-lab methods for epistasis. Topics of interest include (but not limited to):

Experimental Methods
Double Mutant Cycles
Synthetic genetic arrays (SGA)
diploid based Synthetic Lethality Analysis of Microarrays (dSLAM)
Epistatic MiniArray Profiles (E-MAPs)
Pombe Epistasis Mapper (PEM) System
Combinatorial RNA interference
High-Throughput Sequencing Technologies
Next-Generation Sequencing
Third-Generation Sequencing
Statistical Methods
Regression
Statistical Testing
GWAS
TWAS
eQTL Mapping
Multifactor dimensionality reduction
Genetic Interaction Network Analysis
High-order Epistatic Mapping
Computational Methods
Epistasis Simulation
Epistasis Visualization
Machine Learning
Deep Learning and AI
Computational Acceleration (e.g. GPU, TPU, ASIC, and FPGA…)
Cloud Computing
High-Performance Computing
Integration and Examples
Data Source and Integration
Software Engineering
Translational Research
Other Topics

Each contributed chapter is expected to present a method or protocol with parameter details for epistasis.
Each book chapter should only contain 7 sections: Abstract, Introduction, Materials, Methods, Notes, Acknowledgement, References
A sample book chapter is available at:

Note that there will be NO publication fees or other hidden fees for accepted chapters.
There is not any limit on figures and tables.

Important Dates
Chapter submission deadline 2019-10-31
Chapter review notification 2019-12-31
Final version deadline 2020-01-31

Guideline:
Sample Book Chapter:

All submissions should be done via our secured open conference system:

For accepted book chapters, please fill in the author consent form:

Thanks for your attention.

Sincerely,
Ka-Chun Wong
PhD (University of Toronto, 2015)
Assistant Professor at City University of Hong Kong
wkc AT cs DOT toronto DOT edu
kc DOT w AT cs DOT cityu DOT edu DOT hk